Author Topic: US Appeals court rules Americans don’t have right to open carry guns in public  (Read 793 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 March 24, 2021 Ryan Morgan

On Wednesday, an en banc panel of the US Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit ruled that the second amendment right to keep and bear arms does not citizens include the right to carry a firearm, either openly or concealed, in public .

The court issued the ruling in the case of George Young Jr. V Hawaii, a lawsuit challenging a Hawaii firearm licensing law, which states residents seeking license to openly carry a firearm in public must demonstrate “the urgency or the need” to carry a firearm, must be of good moral character, and must be “engaged in the protection of life and property.” The court said, “There is no right to carry arms openly in public; nor is any such right within the scope of the Second Amendment.”

The majority opinion also states “we can find no general right to carry arms into the public square for self-defense.” The majority further argued that the second amendment applies to the “defense of hearth and home” and “the power of the government to regulate carrying arms in the public square does not infringe in any way on the right of an individual to defend his home or business.”

The majority ruled opinion covers Hawaii’s law regarding open carrying a firearm and the court further states, “We have previously held that individuals do not have a Second Amendment right to carry concealed weapons in public” meaning they believe no right to carry a firearm in any capacity in public exists.

Four judges dissented from the majority decision in two different dissenting opinions. In one of the dissenting opinions, three judges argued, “The majority’s suggestion that the values of federalism somehow preclude the Second Amendment from guaranteeing an individual right to carry arms for self-defense in the public square is fundamentally misguided” adding, “Hawaii’s severe deprivation of the core right to carry a firearm in public can only be understood as amounting to a total destruction of such right.”

more
https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/03/us-appeals-court-rules-americans-dont-have-right-to-open-carry-guns-in-public/?utm_source=breaking_email&utm_campaign=breaking_mailchimp&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Master_List&utm_campaign=49b9e6d51c-EMAIL_CAMPAIG
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Snark away to your heart's content here @roamer_1

Offline roamer_1

Snark away to your heart's content here @roamer_1

Well, @Right_in_Virginia , I already commented on the subject right here:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,425295.msg2401528.html#msg2401528

Nuff said, but I ain't changed my mind.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Well, @Right_in_Virginia , I already commented on the subject right here:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,425295.msg2401528.html#msg2401528

Nuff said, but I ain't changed my mind.

Wasn't it proven one of the judges Trump put in was a gun grabber? I seem to remember this pretty clearly.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

Wasn't it proven one of the judges Trump put in was a gun grabber? I seem to remember this pretty clearly.

I don't remember. The whole 'salvation parade' kinda congealed into one endless caricature.  :whistle:

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't

Reagan's Sandra Day O'Connor turned out to be a fairly solid supporter of pre-natal infanticide, too.

What's your point, that a president can't always pick perfect people because not only do perfect people not exist but there's no perfect way to identify what people are less perfect than others?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
I don't remember. The whole 'salvation parade' kinda congealed into one endless caricature.  :whistle:

Amazing how Trumps picks for the "most conservative courts ever" have reverted to form now that Trump is gone.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

Reagan's Sandra Day O'Connor turned out to be a fairly solid supporter of pre-natal infanticide, too.

What's your point, that a president can't always pick perfect people because not only do perfect people not exist but there's no perfect way to identify what people are less perfect than others?
Maybe I can steer this thread away from being yet another Orangeman bashfest.

Biden, filters long gone due to his mental infirmity, kinda tipped his hand today when he said his gun grabbing initiatives would be trotted out based upon 'timing'. Meaning the legislation has been written and awaits only the right kind of mass shooting.

It's not like that isn't obvious by now, but its just fun to hear him openly admit it.

Offline roamer_1

Amazing how Trumps picks for the "most conservative courts ever" have reverted to form now that Trump is gone.

Ain't it though? I had a clue... When Jim DeMint stepped down from Heritage on the dawning of Tumpy's judge list, I knew right then something wasn't kosher.