Author Topic: Schumer sharply criticizes GOP on voting rights: 'Shame, shame, shame'  (Read 330 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer sharply criticizes GOP on voting rights: 'Shame, shame, shame'
By Jordain Carney - 03/24/21 11:40 AM EDT

Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) on Wednesday sharply criticized new bills being offered by Republicans in dozens of states that would place limits on the ability to vote.

Schumer, testifying before the Senate Rules Committee on a sweeping elections reform bill, accused Republicans of trying to "disenfranchise" voters after losing the 2020 election.

"Shame on them. .... This is infuriating. I would like to ask my Republican colleagues: Why are you so afraid of democracy," Schumer said.

Schumer also spoke on the Senate floor about the election bills being proposed, accusing Republicans of embracing former President Trump's "big lie"—that the 2020 election was "rigged" and stolen from him.

"They're not even standing up to protect the sacred right to vote. Shame. Shame. Shame, on all of them," he added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/544701-schumer-sharply-criticizes-gop-on-voting-rights-shame-shame-shame
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Schumer is starting to sound like the little old lady he looks like.

“Granny sharply scolds jethro for mistaking her special feed for breakfast flakes - shame shame shame”
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 04:22:02 pm by skeeter »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Schumer is starting to sound like the little old lady he looks like.

You are killing me Smalls!     :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :beer:

But it's true!  The guy looks like a walking tampon.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

You are killing me Smalls!     :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :beer:

But it's true!  The guy looks like a walking tampon.
the only thing missing is a giant wart on his nose