Author Topic: Lindsey Graham says Trump shouldn't issue endorsements in some GOP Senate primaries  (Read 260 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lindsey Graham says Trump shouldn't issue endorsements in some GOP Senate primaries
Missouri Sen. Roy Blunt and Alabama's Richard Shelby announced they won't seek reelection
By Morgan Phillips | Fox News

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said Tuesday that former President Donald Trump should sit out the GOP primaries in Alabama and Missouri.

Republicans will hold primaries in those states in 2022 after Sens. Roy Blunt of Missouri and Richard Shelby of Alabama announced they will not seek reelection.

"I think he should just let it play out, if I were him," Graham told reporters on Capitol Hill Tuesday, referring to Trump. "I just think you want to just make sure some of your best candidates emerge."

Graham was asked if Trump could hurt Republicans’ chances of retaking the Senate if he threw in his endorsements. "I mean, I think it'd be in his interest to see how, you know, who can give a punch, take a punch and that kind of stuff," the senator said.

Graham played golf with the former president over the weekend. He was asked what advice he gave to Trump.

"I said you're the leader of the party, whether we win or not, and 2022 matters to you. If we come back, you'll get your fair share of credit," Graham said.

He pointed to Herschel Walker, who Trump called on to run in Georgia. Walker, a former NFL player, has not announced a run for the Georgia seat in 2022, but has publicly supported Trump.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lindsey-graham-trump-shouldnt-issue-endorsements-gop-senate-primaries
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Donald Trump is a private citizen, by virtue of the Cowardice of the SCOTUS and the silence of the GOP(e).

I hope he says what he wants, when he wants, to whomever he wants. The Hell with Lindsey Graham.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Why should Trump listen to that RINO clod who didn't help him, but who BEGGED him for help ...to get involved in the primaries, when his election was on the line?

Trump SHOULD get involved.  Trump SHOULD back the non-est non-RINO running, and make it hurt.

Part of his campaign message should always be that the voters should never give their money to the RNC, because the RNC funds RINOs first.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.