Author Topic: 'DISGRACEFUL': VP Harris slammed for repeatedly failing to salute military on Air Force Two  (Read 370 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
VP Harris repeatedly fails to salute military on Air Force Two, breaking with precedent
Tradition of saluting the Marines outside Air Force One began with President Ronald Reagan
By Evie Fordham | Fox News

Vice President Kamala Harris is facing criticism for appearing to break with precedent and failing to salute the honor guard when boarding Air Force Two.

Video reviewed by Fox News showed that her predecessors, former Vice President Mike Pence and President Biden, regularly saluted the honor guard in the same situation.

Conservatives, including Turning Point USA's Charlie Kirk and former NYPD Commissioner Bernard Kerik, slammed Harris after a video of her walking past the honor guard picked up steam on social media.

"DISGRACEFUL: @VP Kamala Harris refuses to salute the honor guard at the steps of the aircraft. It is a clear demonstration of her dislike for those in uniform, both law-enforcement and military," Kerik wrote on Twitter.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vp-kamala-harris-salute-air-force-two-military
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I would rather she not..for one thing she is NOT their CINC yet..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
The Mattress-backed Vice Usurper is not in the military chain of command until the Demented Usurper is replaced.

Thus the slut should not be saluting the troops, nor should any serviceman be giving her anything but a one-digit wave.

Except, being what she is, she might try to take them up on that invitation.

====

As I recall, and I could be wrong, it was President Reagan who started saluting the honor guards.   The thing is, the President may be the Commander in Chief, but he's always a civilian, too, and civilians don't salute the military.  So, Reagan caught a little bit of flak for saluting but he said "but I like to do it" or words to that effect.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 09:27:46 pm by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.