Author Topic: NY GOP Rep. Tom Reed Retiring After Apologizing amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations  (Read 152 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NY GOP Rep. Tom Reed Retiring After Apologizing amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations

Jacob Bliss 22 Mar 2021

Rep. Tom Reed (R-NY) released a statement late Sunday night admitting to sexual misconduct with a lobbyist and announcing he would not seek office in 2022.

In Reed’s statement, he apologized to Nicolette Davis, the lobbyist who accused him of inappropriate behavior. “I hear her voice and will not dismiss her. In reflection, my personal depiction of this event is irrelevant,” Reed wrote, taking full responsibility. “I am sorry, and take full responsibility. I further apologize to my wife and kids, my family, the people of the 23rd District, my colleagues, and those who have supported me for the harm this caused them.”

The New York Republican brought up the struggles he went through in that time of his life, “I am powerless over alcohol,” he said. Reed is “approaching four years of that personal life journey of recovery,” and he will “continue that journey day-by-day” with the support of his loved ones.

“As I go forward, I strive to be a better human being, continue to fight for what I believe in, and to make people’s lives better in any way I can. I hope this formal apology is just the start,” Reed expressed.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/03/22/ny-gop-rep-tom-reed-retiring-apologizing-sexual-misconduct-allegations/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Damnit...Rats never apologize and almost never resign..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Reed: One harassment incident; called out; full admission, real and full apology, resignation. Has it been as much as a week between the calling out and the resignation, etc.?

Cuomo: As many as ten harassment incidents (possibly more to come?); weaselmission, fake apology, trying to brazen it through.

Cuomo's nursing homes order caused 15,000 (20K? 25K?) seniors' deaths; Reed, nothing.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.