Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump to Return to Social Media With His Own Platform Soon  (Read 4970 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: BREAKING: Trump to Return to Social Media With His Own Platform Soon
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2021, 04:59:20 pm »
NO! He did not, and no one that I know thought Trump could walk on water.  I quit the Republican party after more than 40 years in their boiler room over what they did at their 2016 national convention (changing the rules in the middle of the game does NOT sit well with me) but a Cruz presidency would have fared no better than Trump did and maybe even worse. And besides that, Ted Cruz is NOT a Natural Born Citizen.

Easy to say, but we'll never know. Cruz was organized, even up here. Tumpy, not so much

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2021, 04:59:39 pm »
NO! He did not, and no one that I know thought Trump could walk on water.  I quit the Republican party after more than 40 years in their boiler room over what they did at their 2016 national convention (changing the rules in the middle of the game does NOT sit well with me) but a Cruz presidency would have fared no better than Trump did and maybe even worse. And besides that, Ted Cruz is NOT a Natural Born Citizen.
"Ted Cruz is NOT a Natural Born Citizen."

:facepalm2:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2021, 05:04:39 pm »

Just for you @goatprairie:

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

John Adams
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2021, 05:05:48 pm »
Trump only rooms ring any bells @Right_in_Virginia

If you're referring to the 2016 sub-forum requested of me to moderate by @mystery-ak  -- I suggest you get over it @Bigun   Or can I expect you to carry this unhinged animosity for the next five years?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2021, 05:10:55 pm »
If you're referring to the 2016 sub-forum requested of me to moderate by @mystery-ak  -- I suggest you get over it @Bigun   Or can I expect you to carry this unhinged animosity for the next five years?

I do have a long memory @Right_in_Virginia and attempts to silence other viewpoints do not sit well with me.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2021, 05:21:15 pm »
@Bigun
I'll concede your point that whomever the candidate was, the Dems and their establishment buddies would have gone after them like they did Trump. But would that candidate have given the Dems so much ammunition to work with? I would argue the answer to that is: no. Also, another area where I think another candidate would have been different is in the basic leadership skills: attracting, hiring, and retaining good staff being chief among them. Trump failed at this in spectacular fashion.

The "Trump Train" was supposed to sweep all before it because of Trump's visionary omnicompetence and because "he's not a politician."  But when he failed to bend Congress to his will first-class ticket holders on the train told us he couldn't be blamed because "he's not a politician."  First it was an argument that he would succeed, then it was an excuse for failure.  All events had to be refracted through the prism of Trump's blamelessness.

The DC establishment definitely had it in for Trump because he threatened their sinecures; actually the Trump movement threatened their sinecures, Trump himself not so much (how much of The Swamp did he simply fire?  Damn little).  One can argue that had Trump been more effective in tearing down the bureaucracy's fortifications it would have counter-attacked more forcefully.  But his administration was sabotaged from the get-go, he was already lied about systematically every night by the MSM, and he was impeached twice on ridiculous false charges; what more could they have done to him that they didn't do?  He had much to gain and little to lose by systematically dismissing Executive Agency functionaries who stood in the way of his agenda *and* by vetoing spending bills that continued the bankruptcy of our children past the third generation.  And I've read it right here that Trump is the one with the steel spine; steel Twitter thumbs seems more like it.  Rather than making decisions and being accountable for them he played to the Social Media gallery.

Had he truly been the bulletproof master of flying, invisible, 9-dimensional stealth jedi chess that we were told about, he could have found the sweet spot of building an alliance larger than his own narcissism and using that alliance to drain the swamp.  But he simply was not that bulletproof master.  That failure doesn't make him a bad person, it just means that his sycophants raised expectations that were impossible to fulfill, just as Obama's sycophants had done eight years earlier.

What distinguishes Reagan from Trump is that Reagan persuaded the entire country to come along with him, to the tune of a 49 state re-election landslide, and he bequeathed a strong enough legacy that his successor could also be elected.  There is no successor to Trump because there is nothing to which anyone can succeed; the "Trump Train" derailed and lies strewn in wreckage because the engineer couldn't keep it on the tracks.  A lot of that wreckage I hope can be salvaged in the future, but right now, it's just wreckage.

I don't blame the engineer for being who he is, and I voted to keep him in place.  I do blame the people who continue telling us the engineer is more than who he is and that we should continue following him.
James 1:20

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2021, 05:28:05 pm »
The "Trump Train" was supposed to sweep all before it because of Trump's visionary omnicompetence and because "he's not a politician."  But when he failed to bend Congress to his will first-class ticket holders on the train told us he couldn't be blamed because "he's not a politician."  First it was an argument that he would succeed, then it was an excuse for failure.  All events had to be refracted through the prism of Trump's blamelessness.

The DC establishment definitely had it in for Trump because he threatened their sinecures; actually the Trump movement threatened their sinecures, Trump himself not so much (how much of The Swamp did he simply fire?  Damn little).  One can argue that had Trump been more effective in tearing down the bureaucracy's fortifications it would have counter-attacked more forcefully.  But his administration was sabotaged from the get-go, he was already lied about systematically every night by the MSM, and he was impeached twice on ridiculous false charges; what more could they have done to him that they didn't do?  He had much to gain and little to lose by systematically dismissing Executive Agency functionaries who stood in the way of his agenda *and* by vetoing spending bills that continued the bankruptcy of our children past the third generation.  And I've read it right here that Trump is the one with the steel spine; steel Twitter thumbs seems more like it.  Rather than making decisions and being accountable for them he played to the Social Media gallery.

Had he truly been the bulletproof master of flying, invisible, 9-dimensional stealth jedi chess that we were told about, he could have found the sweet spot of building an alliance larger than his own narcissism and using that alliance to drain the swamp.  But he simply was not that bulletproof master.  That failure doesn't make him a bad person, it just means that his sycophants raised expectations that were impossible to fulfill, just as Obama's sycophants had done eight years earlier.

What distinguishes Reagan from Trump is that Reagan persuaded the entire country to come along with him, to the tune of a 49 state re-election landslide, and he bequeathed a strong enough legacy that his successor could also be elected.  There is no successor to Trump because there is nothing to which anyone can succeed; the "Trump Train" derailed and lies strewn in wreckage because the engineer couldn't keep it on the tracks.  A lot of that wreckage I hope can be salvaged in the future, but right now, it's just wreckage.

I don't blame the engineer for being who he is, and I voted to keep him in place.  I do blame the people who continue telling us the engineer is more than who he is and that we should continue following him.

I understand that argument @HoustonSam and agree with a large portion of it.  He definitely erred in deferring to the likes of Mitch McConnell and others of his ilk.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mod2

« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2021, 05:38:36 pm »
Please limit the conversation here to the topic of the thread, and not to bashing fellow TBR members. This means all of you, by the way.

« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2021, 05:48:14 pm »
I do have a long memory @Right_in_Virginia and attempts to silence other viewpoints do not sit well with me.

Then you misunderstand the reason Myst asked for my help with that sub forum @Bigun   It wasn't an attempt to silence other viewpoints, it was an attempt to stop silencing the pro-Trump voices.  I'll assume your long memory will remind you just what the climate was on the forum back then ... and how pro-Trump Briefers were jumping ship in droves, including one of the co-owners.

It was an unpopular job, but someone had to do it to keep the Forum from imploding on itself.  I don't expect gratitude, but cutting me some slack would be nice.   happy77

« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 12:08:23 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2021, 05:55:46 pm »
Let's stop re-hashing 2016..that's 5 years ago...we have enough problems right now with the Biden Presidency and his Admin...let's concentrate on that..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2021, 05:56:49 pm »
Then you misunderstand the reason Myst asked for my help with that sub forum @Bigun   It wasn't an attempt to silence other viewpoints, it was an attempt to give stop silencing the pro-Trump voices.  I'll assume your long memory will remind you just what the climate was on the forum back then ... and how pro-Trump Briefers were jumping ship in droves, including one of the co-owners.

It was an unpopular job, but someone had to do it to keep the Forum from imploding on itself.  I don't expect gratitude, but cutting me some slack would be nice.   happy77

I'm well aware of what the atmosphere was and have made my thoughts about that episode clear to everyone including @mystery-ak . The old addage "if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen" applies as far as I'm concerned. @Right_in_Virginia

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2021, 06:04:20 pm »
I'm well aware of what the atmosphere was and have made my thoughts about that episode clear to everyone including @mystery-ak . The old addage "if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen" applies as far as I'm concerned. @Right_in_Virginia

Then you've limited understanding of the motivation and the outcome.  But, hey, I'll defend your right to be wrong, even with this.   

Ciao @Bigun   Feel free to move about the rest of your day   happy77

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2021, 09:07:02 pm »
I feel bad for those Parler guys. They worked their ass off to create a great platform. It was taking off like gang busters after the pre and post-election censorship from Twatter, the Amazon, Apple, and Google screwed them. Now they are back, without the momentum, and Trump, in typical selfish fashion, announces his own platform.

Sends a great message to Rumble and other folks looking to build a parallel, conservative-friendly, economy: don't bother.

Hmmmm....

....pay more attention to the rivalry between Dagny Taggart and Hank Reardon in Atlas Shrugged, between all the capitalist producer-characters in that book.

Business is supposed to be cut-throat.

Friends in business produce collusion between Fakebook, Twatter, and Rodents.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2021, 09:07:31 pm »
It's hard to infer people's tone / intent on text-only channels. But if it's not clear, I don't have any personal animus towards folks here - even @Right_in_Virginia . I just disagree very strongly with the blind allegiance to Trump. But it's OK to disagree.
As long as you characterize it as 'blind loyalty' you appear to be the reasonable one.

But have you considered it might not be 'blind loyalty' that motivates those of us who have a finer appreciation of the man? Or would that unduly complicate the issue?

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2021, 09:09:25 pm »

Yes, he is.

Under the laws in effect at the time of his birth, he's a natural born citizen.

Different laws existed when the Kenyan Marxist was spawned in Kenya.   His mother was not old enough to confer citizenship and he was never a natural born US citizen by the laws in effect when he was spawned.   Which is why he had to produce not just one, but two forgeries in lieu of his real birth certificate.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

BassWrangler

« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2021, 09:14:22 pm »
As long as you characterize it as 'blind loyalty' you appear to be the reasonable one.

But have you considered it might not be 'blind loyalty' that motivates those of us who have a finer appreciation of the man? Or would that unduly complicate the issue?

I've read many, but I am sure not all, of the arguments justifying continued belief in the man. I don't find them at all compelling. It seems, like much of liberalism, to be based on belief in "facts" that are not evident. I don't claim to be one, but I've worked with some extremely good leaders in the past (and present). When I look at them, and I look at Trump, I see more differences than I do similarities.

I'll probably regret this, but let's take one example. How do you blame Trump's inability to hire and retain good staff on the swamp? How is that not Trump's responsibility?

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2021, 09:20:04 pm »
Easy to say, but we'll never know. Cruz was organized, even up here. Tumpy, not so much

Hmmm.....so what you seem to saying is that organization doesn't count for squat since the less organized person won both the primaries...hands down and easily, and the elections, both of them, hands down and easily.

The ones that had the better organization in the end were the organized criminals that conspired to steal the election and stage an illegal coup.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2021, 09:24:54 pm »
I am SO looking forward to the MAGA Platform ...   :smokin:

Re: Trump's memo. 

If his claim that Team Usurper could complete the wall "in a matter of weeks", this begs the question of why then didn't Trump order it rushed to completion months earlier?

All the estimates were saying the Wall would take another year or two to complete.

Then again, the wall didn't have to be a visible physical structure.  I'd be perfectly happy if it was invisible physical land mines.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 09:25:42 pm by Sled Dog »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2021, 09:25:11 pm »
I've read many, but I am sure not all, of the arguments justifying continued belief in the man. I don't find them at all compelling. It seems, like much of liberalism, to be based on belief in "facts" that are not evident. I don't claim to be one, but I've worked with some extremely good leaders in the past (and present). When I look at them, and I look at Trump, I see more differences than I do similarities.

I'll probably regret this, but let's take one example. How do you blame Trump's inability to hire and retain good staff on the swamp? How is that not Trump's responsibility?
I'll attempt an answer, although I'll probably regret it.

Trump came to the White House an outsider with almost zero beltway connections. He depended almost entirely upon the GOPe for staffing advise for obvious reasons. The same GOPe with a stake in the swamp as it is currently configured.

Its as simple as that. Is he responsible? Yes, after all he was president. Is it unreasonable to cut the guy a break given the conditions he was operating under? I guess whether you are inclined to depends upon where you stand on him personally. Those who don't care for him are happy to slam him for it. Those of us who agreed with most of what he attempted to do policy wise are most apt to forgive some amount of ineptitude.

Personally I think the latter is the more reasonable position to have.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 09:27:28 pm by skeeter »

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2021, 09:27:34 pm »
If we wanted to crap on a thread just for the sake of crapping on a thread, trust me, it would look a whole lot worse than the statement in question.

I don't think any of us would mind if Trump were to use his clout to incubate the upstarts who have been working to establish social media channels that aren't manipulated to push the left-wing agenda. If Trump had done what, for example, Dan Bongino has been doing and investing in these sites like Parler and Rumble, that kind of money would provide the robust infrastructure that would have allowed Parler to keep operating.

The fact that Trump constantly sees the need to set fire to all of his competition and control everything himself is rearing its ugly head again.

Capitalism.

To learn it is to love it.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2021, 09:29:57 pm »
Social media requires a critical mass to be successful: everyone's on it because everyone's on it. In that sense, throwing more competitors to cannibalize your market is going to end up causing division and prevent any of them from becoming successful. Think of any huge primary: 2014 South Carolina, for example. We had countless primary challengers but none of them caught any traction and Lindsey Graham defeated all of them combined.

So what does Trump have that does not exist in this market, that people are going to want to adopt? What is he going to bring to the table that will ensure that this venture doesn't end up like Trump Steaks or the countless other failed attempts to cash in on his cult of personality?

ummm.....he has Trump's personality.

That'll be enough to attract a sizeable majority of his 75 million counted voters and the several million other voters who were switched by Dominion into Bidet numbers.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2021, 09:32:38 pm »
I'll attempt an answer, although I'll probably regret it.

Trump came to the White House an outsider with almost zero beltway connections. He depended almost entirely upon the GOPe for staffing advise for obvious reasons. The same GOPe with a stake in the swamp as it is currently configured.

Its as simple as that. Is he responsible? Yes, after all he was president. Is it unreasonable to cut the guy a break given the conditions he was operating under? I guess whether you are inclined to depends upon where you stand on him personally. Those who don't care for him are happy to slam him for it. Those of us who agreed with most of what he attempted to do policy wise are most apt to forgive some amount of ineptitude.

Personally I think the latter is the more reasonable position to have.

Thanks, for that, @skeeter !   

Unbelievable that even after living/experiencing a full 4 year term led by this man, we're still asked to defend him.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2021, 09:33:29 pm »
Only because Trump is entirely consistent in his behavior.

You guys are also predictable. Your lips are so firmly attached to his backside, you can't see his massive personality flaws.

Yeah, Trump was consistent patriot.

Now we have a consistent geriatric patient wandering about the tarmac and stumbling up the stairs.

Soon we'll have a consistent slut instead of the consistent geriatric patient.

Before Trump we had a consistent illegal alien marxist, a consistent drunken harridan, a consistent rapist and serial molester, a consistent perjurer, a consist Gaia Con-man, and the Rodents are nothing but consistently criminal and consistently evil.

So I really love Trump's consistency.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2021, 09:36:34 pm »
As much as NeverTrumpers brought the horror of Biden upon us, it is clear they have no conscience or shame.  Their fingerprints are all over the results of the election, yet they stamp their feet and deny their own clearly known and easily observed handi-work.  The last hardcore NEVERTRUMPER, like seen here, i engaged on the Coulter site for quite a while, until little by little he exposed himself for who and what he really was.   By the way, he was a very determined Englishman, and he conned many, including some moderators, but not by the time the chatroom came to an end.
Seen this all before!
 :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
God, Country, Family !

Never Trumpers want an unlimited and permanent holocaust on unborn babies.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2021, 09:37:59 pm »
Thanks, for that, @skeeter !   

Unbelievable that even after living/experiencing a full 4 year term led by this man, we're still asked to defend him.

All I ask is people who should know better stop singing off the rat media's sheet music.