Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump to Return to Social Media With His Own Platform Soon  (Read 5045 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jason Miller: Trump Will Be Launching a His Own Social Media Platform in the Next Few Months

Pam Key 21 Mar 2021

Former President Donald Trump’s senior advisor Jason Miller said Sunday on Fox News Channels “MediaBuzz” that Trump will be launching a social media platform in the next few months.

Host Howard Kurtz asked, “Donald Trump obviously has been booted off Twitter and Facebook and Instagram, which were a great megaphone for him. Does he plan to get back on social media perhaps with some new outfit?”

Miller said, “I do think we’re going to see President Trump returning to social media and probably about two or three months here with his own platform. This is something that I think will be the hottest ticket in social media. It’s going to completely redefine the game. Everyone will be waiting and watching to see what exactly President Trump does. But it will be his own platform.”

Kurtz asked, “Just to follow up, will this be a platform that the former president will create himself, working with another company? Obviously, he’ll be starting from scratch. He won’t start out with 88 million Twitter followers.”

Miller said, “I can’t go much further than what I was able to just share. I can say it will be big once he starts. There have been a lot of high-powered meetings he has been having at Mar-a-Lago with teams of folks that have been coming in. I got to tell you it’s not just one company that’s approached the president. There have been numerous companies. I think the president knows what direction he wants to head here. This new platform is going to be big, and everyone wants him. He’s going to bring millions and millions, tens of millions of people to this new platform.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/03/21/jason-miller-trump-will-be-launching-a-his-own-social-media-platform-in-the-next-few-months/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Re: BREAKING: Trump to Return to Social Media With His Own Platform Soon
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 06:31:47 pm »
Trump’s 2020 campaign spokesman Jason Miller said that Trump will be returning to social media with a new platform and that it will “completely redefine the game,” and is expected to attract “tens of millions” of new users.

No more details have been released about this platform, how it will be hosted, or whether it is expected to have apps hosted at the Google and Apple app stores. Given the coordinated anti-Trump efforts of Big Tech in the wake of the Capitol riot it seems unlikely Trump’s alternative platform will be able to rely on left-wing big tech.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2021/03/21/breaking-trump-to-return-to-social-media-with-his-own-platform-soon-n1433966
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 06:35:08 pm »
Sign me up!

Obviously getting on smart phones is a hurdle, but lets see what happens.

If he can pull this off all Pubs should leave twitter immediately and force the leftist media to go to the new platform if they want news to report.

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 06:36:30 pm »
Sorry, I didn't realize you already posted this.

All I can say is SIGN ME UP!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 10:22:24 pm »

BassWrangler

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 10:36:39 pm »
I feel bad for those Parler guys. They worked their ass off to create a great platform. It was taking off like gang busters after the pre and post-election censorship from Twatter, the Amazon, Apple, and Google screwed them. Now they are back, without the momentum, and Trump, in typical selfish fashion, announces his own platform.

Sends a great message to Rumble and other folks looking to build a parallel, conservative-friendly, economy: don't bother.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2021, 11:04:22 pm »
And those who tell us to 'get over Trump' hurry to crap on every friggen thread bearing his name.

Its as tedious as hell.

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2021, 11:15:08 pm »
And those who tell us to 'get over Trump' hurry to crap on every friggen thread bearing his name.

Its as tedious as hell.

You're being too kind @skeeter

Seriously. 

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2021, 11:34:03 pm »
I am SO looking forward to the MAGA Platform ...   :smokin:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2021, 11:52:14 pm »

Seriously.
Im looking forward to what DJT comes up with here.

You really gotta be looking for things to bitch about to see a reason to complain here. The more voices, the better.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2021, 11:55:55 pm »

Its as tedious as hell.
If we wanted to crap on a thread just for the sake of crapping on a thread, trust me, it would look a whole lot worse than the statement in question.

I don't think any of us would mind if Trump were to use his clout to incubate the upstarts who have been working to establish social media channels that aren't manipulated to push the left-wing agenda. If Trump had done what, for example, Dan Bongino has been doing and investing in these sites like Parler and Rumble, that kind of money would provide the robust infrastructure that would have allowed Parler to keep operating.

The fact that Trump constantly sees the need to set fire to all of his competition and control everything himself is rearing its ugly head again.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2021, 12:00:39 am »
Im looking forward to what DJT comes up with here.

You really gotta be looking for things to bitch about to see a reason to complain here. The more voices, the better.
Social media requires a critical mass to be successful: everyone's on it because everyone's on it. In that sense, throwing more competitors to cannibalize your market is going to end up causing division and prevent any of them from becoming successful. Think of any huge primary: 2014 South Carolina, for example. We had countless primary challengers but none of them caught any traction and Lindsey Graham defeated all of them combined.

So what does Trump have that does not exist in this market, that people are going to want to adopt? What is he going to bring to the table that will ensure that this venture doesn't end up like Trump Steaks or the countless other failed attempts to cash in on his cult of personality?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2021, 01:54:32 am »
Social media requires a critical mass to be successful: everyone's on it because everyone's on it. In that sense, throwing more competitors to cannibalize your market is going to end up causing division and prevent any of them from becoming successful. Think of any huge primary: 2014 South Carolina, for example. We had countless primary challengers but none of them caught any traction and Lindsey Graham defeated all of them combined.
with all due respect, how the hell would you know? Three months ago there was Twitter and Facebook. Suddenly competition is bad.

Because Trump. Lol

BassWrangler

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2021, 01:58:23 am »
If we wanted to crap on a thread just for the sake of crapping on a thread, trust me, it would look a whole lot worse than the statement in question.

I don't think any of us would mind if Trump were to use his clout to incubate the upstarts who have been working to establish social media channels that aren't manipulated to push the left-wing agenda. If Trump had done what, for example, Dan Bongino has been doing and investing in these sites like Parler and Rumble, that kind of money would provide the robust infrastructure that would have allowed Parler to keep operating.

The fact that Trump constantly sees the need to set fire to all of his competition and control everything himself is rearing its ugly head again.

Exactly. It's always about him.

BassWrangler

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2021, 02:00:38 am »

Seriously.

The difference between you and me is that I judge Trump's actions. Some I like, some I don't. You, on the other hand, worship the man. Anything other than 100% support of everything he says and does, you view as blasphemy.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2021, 02:08:47 am »
Exactly. It's always about him.
You guys are hilariously predictable. I could write your posts for you.

Offline bilo

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2021, 03:01:02 am »
I feel bad for those Parler guys. They worked their ass off to create a great platform. It was taking off like gang busters after the pre and post-election censorship from Twatter, the Amazon, Apple, and Google screwed them. Now they are back, without the momentum, and Trump, in typical selfish fashion, announces his own platform.

Sends a great message to Rumble and other folks looking to build a parallel, conservative-friendly, economy: don't bother.

What is the best way for Trump to insure he is never censored again?

Owning the social network platform is a good way to go.

Offline bilo

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2021, 03:05:57 am »

So what does Trump have that does not exist in this market, that people are going to want to adopt? What is he going to bring to the table that will ensure that this venture doesn't end up like Trump Steaks or the countless other failed attempts to cash in on his cult of personality?

75 million supporters will create a lot of critical mass.

The big issue will be getting on smart phones Google and Apple have a monopoly that controls what apps can be downloaded.

Worse comes to worse Trump sues and helps to break up this tech monopoly.

BassWrangler

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2021, 03:26:53 am »
You guys are hilariously predictable. I could write your posts for you.

Only because Trump is entirely consistent in his behavior.

You guys are also predictable. Your lips are so firmly attached to his backside, you can't see his massive personality flaws.

BassWrangler

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2021, 03:27:28 am »

Then invest in Parler.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2021, 03:31:17 am »
The big issue will be getting on smart phones Google and Apple have a monopoly that controls what apps can be downloaded.

Well, no... One tick mark on a droid and you can load your APKs from anywhere.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2021, 03:33:39 am »

only if he owns the software, the servers and the routers, and the DNS servers, and...

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2021, 03:34:17 am »
The difference between you and me is that I judge Trump's actions. Some I like, some I don't. You, on the other hand, worship the man. Anything other than 100% support of everything he says and does, you view as blasphemy.

Bullshit @BassWrangler   You judge Trump's actions by the way the wind is blowing on anonymous Internet forums.  I judge the former President's actions by their content.

With a little luck, someday you'll be mature enough to know the difference.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2021, 03:39:27 am »
75 million supporters will create a lot of critical mass.
He doesn't have "75 million supporters."

Remember that a good sized chunk of those supporters didn't support him; they just opposed the Democrat. The number of true-blue, die-hard supporters of Trump himself is probably closer to the 14 million who voted for him in the 2016 primaries. Let's say 20 million, just to factor in any non-Republicans.

I'm just failing to see here what a Trump social network is going to appeal to. How much of that core is going to bother with another social media account? If this is just going to be a vehicle for Donald Trump to put out what otherwise would be going into tweets... that's not really social media at all, that's just a blog.

The reason Parler was starting to take off before it got kneecapped was it offered something that a sizable chunk of social media users were looking for: posts in chronological order (instead of an algorithm) and not interfered with by biased "fact checkers." I was seeing people I know who were only mildly political signing up for Parler. It was on its way to building that critical mass I've been talking about.

Will Trump's "social network" offer that? Probably not. If it's going to be a top-down model, it poses the same problems and complaints that we have with current social media, just in a different flavor.

By the way, I'm just as skeptical of the Attention Hogg's pillow company as I am with this. So it's not just the person himself.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2021, 03:41:24 am »
only if he owns the software, the servers and the routers, and the DNS servers, and...
As a billionaire, he can afford the expense.