Author Topic: Psaki on Corporations Raising Prices Due to Higher Taxes: Biden Believes People Know They Don’t Need  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
100% agreement across the board!

The instant you exempt anything you open the door for the K Street crowd to continue their operations! Far better to let each individual decide for themselves what their necessities are IMHO.

https://fairtax.org

Good for them.  Fair tax is wrong.

The necessities of life are air, water, food, health care and housing.   Right now the Rodents are trying to tax air because they can, because they are power mad despots.

So it's up to the people to stop them, but being stupid about it isn't the way to go.   Absolutism in the other stupid direction doesn't work, either, because, hell, I didn't mention transportation, so transportation shouldn't be taxed, so those tires your car needs shouldn't be taxed, right?  And clothing isn't optional, so clothing shouldn't be taxed.

Sane societies draw sane lines.

If someone is going to advocate a national retail sales tax, there's going to be arbitrary lines drawn.   Sane lines say don't tax food and medicine, everything else is fair game.

What are you going to argue, that someone does "need" that heart medication so they can just refuse to pay the sales tax by not buying it?

Grow up.   This is real world stuff here.  In the real world, sensible decisions are made.

What's one of the things that got the peons upset with MessiahCare?   The crazy taxes on essential medical devices.

The best way to NEVER get support for a national retail sales tax is to tax food.  Try to remember why the French were revolting.   er...why they had their revolution against King Louis.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 03:20:22 pm by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Good for them.  Fair tax is wrong.

The necessities of life are air, water, food, health care and housing.   Right now the Rodents are trying to tax air because they can, because they are power mad despots.

So it's up to the people to stop them, but being stupid about it isn't the way to go.   Absolutism in the other stupid direction doesn't work, either, because, hell, I didn't mention transportation, so transportation shouldn't be taxed, so those tires your car needs shouldn't be taxed, right?  And clothing isn't optional, so clothing shouldn't be taxed.

Sane societies draw sane lines.

If someone is going to advocate a national retail sales tax, there's going to be arbitrary lines drawn.   Sane lines say don't tax food and medicine, everything else is fair game.

What are you going to argue, that someone does "need" that heart medication so they can just refuse to pay the sales tax by not buying it?

Grow up.   This is real world stuff here.  In the real world, sensible decisions are made.

What's one of the things that got the peons upset with MessiahCare?   The crazy taxes on essential medical devices.

The best way to NEVER get support for a national retail sales tax is to tax food.  Try to remember why the French were revolting.   er...why they had their revolution against King Louis.

Food is being taxed today, just like everything else produced in this country, and doing it under the table is the worst possible way to do it because that puts it all at a competitive disadvantage in world markets right from the git-go!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sled Dog barked:
"I'm all in favor of repealing the 16th Amendment and implementing a national retail-level sales tax."

Haha, how naive!

Fishrrman kinda-fearless prediction:
There WILL eventually be a "national retail-level sales tax"...
... IN ADDITION TO the income tax, which will be raised, as well.

The 16th amendment is likely to be repealed... right AFTER the amendment that gave women the right to vote.