Author Topic: Fauci clashes with Rand Paul over masks  (Read 1281 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fauci clashes with Rand Paul over masks
« on: March 18, 2021, 07:22:43 pm »
Fauci clashes with Rand Paul over masks
By Nathaniel Weixel - 03/18/21 12:53 PM EDT

The nation's top infectious diseases doctor Anthony Fauci on Thursday clashed with Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) over the need for people to continue wearing masks once they've already been infected with or vaccinated against COVID-19.

"You're telling everyone to wear a mask," Paul said. "If we're not spreading the infection, isn't it just theater? You have the vaccine and you're wearing two masks, isn't that theater?"

"Here we go again with the theater," an exasperated Fauci responded. "Let's get down to the facts."

Paul, who was infected with COVID-19 at the beginning of the pandemic last March, has said he is immune to future infection. As a result, he refuses to wear a mask in the Capitol and has declared he does not need to be vaccinated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff-PJp1f5v4&t=16s

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/543855-fauci-clashes-with-rand-paul-over-masks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Re: Fauci clashes with Rand Paul over masks
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 07:41:47 pm »
Let's get down to the facts. The CDC says studies show masks are 2% effective in stopping the spread of the China plague.  That's within the margin of error and can be as low as 0% effective. Fauci is a liar.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 07:49:55 pm »
Let's get down to the facts. The CDC says studies show masks are 2% effective in stopping the spread of the China plague.  That's within the margin of error and can be as low as 0% effective. Fauci is a liar.
Yeah, but VARIANTS.

This will never, ever end. Mask up folks. Even though CDC says masks are 2% effective.

There are VARIANTS doncha know. After variant 1234 in NYC there will be variant 5678 in Denver. And so on.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 07:56:49 pm »
Yeah, but VARIANTS.

This will never, ever end. Mask up folks. Even though CDC says masks are 2% effective.

There are VARIANTS doncha know. After variant 1234 in NYC there will be variant 5678 in Denver. And so on.
Trying to stop the china plague with a mask is like trying to stop a sand storm with a screen door.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 08:00:24 pm »
I wonder if Rand should be addressed as "Dr. Sen. Rand Paul" or "Sen Dr. Rand Paul"?  Let's ask Jill.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 08:24:18 pm »

Trying to stop the china plague with a mask is like trying to stop a sand storm with a screen door.
Masks are worse than nothing. Wearing a paper mask without gloves and goggles is absolute lunacy. As Rand said, it is for show only.
A mask is like wearing a swastika in 1930s Germany. It is an outward symbol that you are onboard with the government dogma.

Like sand in a sandstorm will collect and pile up on a screen door, viruses and germs of all kinds, not just COVID, will collect and pile up on a moist mask directly next to your mouth and nose. Also, with a mask people touch their face much more often than without one.

Fauci knows all of this. Masks are a political issue, not a medical or safety issue. Fauci was dismissive of masks until his Leftists comrades told him that they could make political gains from the mask Kabuki theater.

FLASHBACK: Dr. Fauci claims masks don’t provide COVID protection, only help people ‘feel…better’
'There's no reason to be walking around with a mask,' Fauci said in March.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/flashback-dr-fauci-claims-masks-dont-provide-covid-protection-only-help-people-feelbetter
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 08:31:15 pm »
I wonder if Rand should be addressed as "Dr. Sen. Rand Paul" or "Sen Dr. Rand Paul"?  Let's ask Jill.

:laugh:

Part of me is waiting for Paul to shove Fauci's two masks down his throat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 08:36:10 pm »
"Here we go again with the theater," an exasperated Fauci responded. "Let's get down to the facts."

Let's not discuss it Doctor-to-Doctor.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2021, 02:16:11 pm »
“You’ve been vaccinated and you parade around in two masks for show,” Paul told Fauci. “You can’t get it again there’s almost zero percent chance you’re going to get it.”

“And you’re telling people that have had the vaccine who have immunity — you’re defying everything we know about immunity by telling people to wear masks who have been vaccinated,” he continued.

“You want to get rid of vaccine hesitancy? Tell people to quit wearing their masks after they get the vaccine,” Paul added.

In response, Fauci quipped, “Here we go again with the theater.”

“Let me just state for the record that masks are not theater, masks are protective,” Fauci said.

Paul snapped back: “If you have immunity they’re theater. If you already have immunity you’re wearing a mask to give comfort to others.”

“I totally disagree with you,” Fauci responded.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/03/rand_paul_calls_out_a_slippery_evasive_anthony_fauci.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2021, 02:19:55 pm »
There is one man solely responsible for misinformation and fear about this Chinese flu and it is Fauci.
He needs to go.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2021, 02:27:16 pm »
I will vote for Rand Paul any time, any day.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2021, 02:29:00 pm »
Dr. Paul completely owned Dr. Fauci in this exchange.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2021, 03:11:05 pm »
Dr. Paul completely owned Dr. Fauci in this exchange.

Which is why the Lamestream Media won't cover it.

Bernard Goldberg wrote a book about this, Bias.  He central premise is the most insidious bias shown by the press isn't the lies they tell (and the lies are legion), it's the stories they refuse to cover.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2021, 03:18:04 pm »

Bernard Goldberg wrote a book about this, Bias.  He central premise is the most insidious bias shown by the press isn't the lies they tell (and the lies are legion), it's the stories they refuse to cover.

They are spinning and twisting themselves into knots to make Fauci look like the winner and Senator Paul look like the idiotic bully.

CNN (surprise)...was the worst.

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1372648677295190017
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2021, 03:19:08 pm »

FWIW, I think Mr. Goldberg is entirely right about that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2021, 03:49:23 pm »
FWIW, I think Mr. Goldberg is entirely right about that!

He's not right about much else, but he got that one correct.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2021, 03:53:21 pm »
He's not right about much else, but he got that one correct.

I need to get his book.  It would dovetail nicely with Unfreedom of The Press which I'm reading now.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2021, 04:15:45 am »
Fauci makes Dr Mengele look like a saint by comparison.  Fauci has murdered hundreds of thousands with his grand incompetence.

I fault Trump for keeping the bastard around.  Terrible! Terrible! Terrible!

I would love to be one of the four folks that slap the back side of a horse drawing and quartering this bastard.  Or another appropriate punishment would be using that device that shaves skin as in the Red Sparrow.  Just shave him away slowly every day.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 04:19:35 am by jafo2010 »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2021, 04:30:55 am »
Fauci went from saying masks were unnecessary and useless in March
To saying masks were 'mandatory' in May
To saying one mask is not enough. Now you need two masks!

I would love for this idiot shill to write a research paper for peer review (which he will never ever do) explaining why he thinks masks are necessary and why two masks should be mandatory for everyone including people who have been inoculated.

Why is two masks the magic number? If two masks are needed then why not three? or four? or five?
What "scientific evidence" compelled him into thinking two masks is just exactly the right number?

The guy is a hack. He is a political shill doing the bidding of the DNC. Science, Medicine, Public Safety, has nothing to do with the crap he spews.
He is out to protect his fifteen minutes, and to do and say whatever the Democrats tell him to do and say.
He is a "doctor" like my ass is a doctor.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 04:32:45 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2021, 04:34:50 am »
Fauci, the modern day Dr Mengele on steroids has not worked an honest day in 45 years.

Everything Dr Judith Mikovits said about Fauci is true.  He is the worst kind of maggot.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2021, 11:15:06 am »
Somehow I'm pretty sure the science says that all those masks people are wearing made out of T-shirt material, like the ones the Usurper and the Camel's Butt wear in front of the cameras are just as effective as the mask John Kerry wears on airplane flights.

How does a 100 micron gap capture a 10 micron virus?   It doesn't.

How does wearing two 100 micron masks capture a 10 micron virus?  They don't.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2021, 02:20:06 pm »
Somehow I'm pretty sure the science says that all those masks people are wearing made out of T-shirt material, like the ones the Usurper and the Camel's Butt wear in front of the cameras are just as effective as the mask John Kerry wears on airplane flights.

How does a 100 micron gap capture a 10 micron virus?   It doesn't.

How does wearing two 100 micron masks capture a 10 micron virus?  They don't.
Using a mask to stop the china plague is like trying to stop a sand storm with a screen door.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2021, 03:03:10 pm »
Using a mask to stop the china plague is like trying to stop a sand storm with a screen door.

Or trying to keep mosquitoes out of your yard with a chain-link fence.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2021, 05:17:57 pm »

Or trying to keep mosquitoes out of your yard with a chain-link fence.

And Nervous as a whore in church...

Oh wait this thread isn't about Heels-Up Harris.   my bad.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2021, 06:22:00 pm »
Fauci went from saying masks were unnecessary and useless in March
To saying masks were 'mandatory' in May
To saying one mask is not enough. Now you need two masks!

I would love for this idiot shill to write a research paper for peer review (which he will never ever do) explaining why he thinks masks are necessary and why two masks should be mandatory for everyone including people who have been inoculated.

Why is two masks the magic number? If two masks are needed then why not three? or four? or five?
What "scientific evidence" compelled him into thinking two masks is just exactly the right number?

The guy is a hack. He is a political shill doing the bidding of the DNC. Science, Medicine, Public Safety, has nothing to do with the crap he spews.
He is out to protect his fifteen minutes, and to do and say whatever the Democrats tell him to do and say.
He is a "doctor" like my ass is a doctor.

@240B

It sure would be educational to be able to compare his net worth today,to his net worth before Covid,wouldn't it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!