Author Topic: Report: Ford to Offshore $900M Plant Investment from Ohio to Mexico  (Read 407 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Ford to Offshore $900M Plant Investment from Ohio to Mexico

John Binder 18 Mar 2021

The Ford Motor Company, a multinational automaker, is reportedly planning to move a $900 million investment originally intended for an Avon Lake, Ohio plant to a site in Mexico, the United Auto Workers (UAW) union alleges.

In a letter to Ohio Assembly Plant (OHAP) employees in Avon Lake, where Ford employs about 1,740 workers manufacturing its F-650 and F-750 medium duty trucks, UAW official Gerald Kariem said Ford had committed to investing $900 million in the project in 2019.

The massive investment, Kariem wrote to workers, included a Ford commitment to bring a “next-generation product” to the Ohio Assembly Plant for production by 2023 and an “exciting vision for the complete revitalization” of the plant to secure “employment well into the foreseeable future.”

“These contractual commitments were an enormous win for the UAW, for the great state of Ohio, the community of Avon Lake, and most importantly the members of Local 2000,” Kariem wrote.

Now, though, the UAW official says Ford executives are backing out of the deal and plan to move the investment to Mexico:

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/03/18/report-ford-to-offshore-900m-plant-investment-from-ohio-to-mexico/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Report: Ford to Offshore $900M Plant Investment from Ohio to Mexico
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 05:42:18 pm »
More regulations, the threat of massive tax hikes, threats of $15 an hour wage increases, and a futile attempt to seek a green economy will probably do that
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 12:33:14 am »
I do hope those goonion members who voted for BHO (take your pick, Barak Hussein Obama or Biden Harris Obama) get the full enjoyment out of their unemployment checks.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 01:16:58 am »
This is only a drop. Imagine all the dozens of companies which planned to relocate to America and changed their plans after the Communist coup. And who can blame them? Biden's communist controllers are openly talking about skyrocketing taxes, unionizing all labor, and even wealth confiscation. What wealthy corporation or person in their right mind would move here now? Move to America! We promise to take all your money and to socialize your business!

There is a tipping point in a private corporation when it can no longer be considered 'private', when there is so much control and regulations. If the government controls the wages you pay, your hours, your prices, your taxes, who you hire and fire, even your suppliers, materials, and output quotas, then you are no longer private. The corporation has become shadow 'nationalized'. It transforms into a functioning government entity with private administrators on behalf of the government.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 03:05:30 am »
This is all part of Captain Dementia and Cruella Pelosi's plan to solve the immigration crisis, following in California's footsteps they are making it so prohibitively expensive for business and industry to operate in America that they will relocate the production facilities and jobs to Mexico. This will solve the 'migrant' flow by redirecting the 'migrants' already in America back to south of the border where all the jobs will be and removing any reason for more 'migrants' to travel into America Norte which will become a job desert.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 02:07:52 pm »
This is only a drop. Imagine all the dozens of companies which planned to relocate to America and changed their plans after the Communist coup. And who can blame them? Biden's communist controllers are openly talking about skyrocketing taxes, unionizing all labor, and even wealth confiscation. What wealthy corporation or person in their right mind would move here now? Move to America! We promise to take all your money and to socialize your business!

There is a tipping point in a private corporation when it can no longer be considered 'private', when there is so much control and regulations. If the government controls the wages you pay, your hours, your prices, your taxes, who you hire and fire, even your suppliers, materials, and output quotas, then you are no longer private. The corporation has become shadow 'nationalized'. It transforms into a functioning government entity with private administrators on behalf of the government.

What will be of real interest is seeing how Comrade Biden holds companies and their operations hostage from being able to move across tbe borders.   2021-2023 with be the nation's economics equivlant of killing the goose who laid the golden egg.   The last bastion of our manufacturing base is screwed.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.