Author Topic: Cumulus/Westwood One To Move Dan Bongino Into Rush Limbaugh Timeslot  (Read 3608 times)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Re: Cumulus/Westwood One To Move Dan Bongino Into Rush Limbaugh Timeslot
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2021, 07:01:57 pm »
Nothing against Bongino. I like him, although he is a bit of a hothead. I'm not sure I can take a steady diet of him.

I had very much hoped for someone from flyover country. Frankly, I'm up to here with those who are only familiar with the east and west coasts. Seems like that's where all our info comes from, reminding me that those of us who live in between are not really on the radar screens of the coasters. Rush was one of us. Trump figured out how to "get" us. We need more on-air representation than we're getting.

P.S. Erick Erickson will take that time slot on WSB in the Atlanta market and on WOKV in Jacksonville (Cox Media Group). http://www.insideradio.com/free/post-rush-limbaugh-plans-unveiled-at-cmg-s-wsb-atlanta-and-wokv-jacksonville/article_938fe392-85c1-11eb-a103-b3ebd0d7d0f9.html

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2021, 02:10:47 pm »
LOLOLOLOL....I probably just need to change it entirely.

Actually when I logged onto this site for the very first time and was picking a nickname, there was a "potato head" commercial on, so I went with it.  Thank goodness "preparation H" wasn't going across the screen...lol.

LOL, you should definitely change it to PreparationH

Your story reminds of the old joke on how Indians get their names!   LOL
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

BassWrangler

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2021, 02:18:40 pm »
Nothing against Bongino. I like him, although he is a bit of a hothead. I'm not sure I can take a steady diet of him.

I like him too, but I agree with the previous comment about struggling to get through the full hour of his show - too many long pauses, too slow of a pace. But I'm willing to give him a chance with this new format. I hope he has callers like Rush did. I wonder if Bo Snerdley will help him out?

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2021, 02:33:15 pm »
I like him too, but I agree with the previous comment about struggling to get through the full hour of his show - too many long pauses, too slow of a pace. But I'm willing to give him a chance with this new format. I hope he has callers like Rush did. I wonder if Bo Snerdley will help him out?
Yes, above all Rush was an entertainer. It's not easy holding an audience for three hours. Like many people I've heard Bongino interviewed on tv shows for his opinions.
I like him...he's a smart guy and honest.
But as an entertainer who can hold an audience?...... :whistle:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2021, 03:00:40 pm »
Bongino?  He is one that I didn't even consider.  I know that he ran for political office, seems very conservative and has a column, but I haven't heard him as a radio personality.

I've been listening to the Limbaugh show since he passed with a different daily guide, "remembering Rush", and I think it serves a much needed purpose right now since the DEMS have taken over. I think it's way to soon after his passing to discontinue his radio show and ending his legacy. There's years and years of audio that can continued to be used.     

We'll see how Bongino does.  Has anyone else heard him on the airwaves??           

He's been a regular substitute for Mark Levin for a few years now.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2021, 03:28:06 pm »

Your story reminds of the old joke on how Indians get their names!   LOL

"Does that answer your question, Two Dogs Bleeping?"  :silly:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2021, 03:32:35 pm »
You know, the closest analogy to this situation, is like someone replacing Johnny Carson in 1992.

Lose-Lose to whoever gets the job. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2021, 03:33:55 pm »
You know, the closest analogy to this situation, is like someone replacing Johnny Carson in 1992.

Anyway, doesn't he have serious health issues too?

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

BassWrangler

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2021, 06:51:43 pm »

That's a good point. Although, I did always enjoy Jay Leno.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2021, 07:25:30 pm »
"Does that answer your question, Two Dogs Bleeping?"  :silly:

@Cyber Liberty

Bless you !   LMAO!   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.