Author Topic: Texas unveils bills to prevent election fraud  (Read 194 times)

Offline libertybele

Texas unveils bills to prevent election fraud
« on: March 16, 2021, 09:37:45 pm »

The state of Texas is taking decisive steps to prevent fraud and manipulations in its elections. On Tuesday, the Republican Party of Texas unveiled a series of bills to tighten requirements for voter ID, limit early voting and outlaw the universal mail-in ballots.

The bills are backed by Gov. Greg Abbott (R-Texas) and the GOP majority in the state legislature.

Texas Republicans cited numerous violations in Harris County, where local officials sent out ballots to everyone and then allowed drive-through voting.

Abbott said proven cases of voter fraud were somehow favoring the Democrat Party........

https://www.oann.com/texas-unveils-bills-to-prevent-election-fraud/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

Re: Texas unveils bills to prevent election fraud
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 10:20:36 pm »
The state of Texas is taking decisive steps to prevent fraud and manipulations in its elections. On Tuesday, the Republican Party of Texas unveiled a series of bills to tighten requirements for voter ID, limit early voting and outlaw the universal mail-in ballots.
The bills are backed by Gov. Greg Abbott (R-Texas) and the GOP majority in the state legislature.
Texas Republicans cited numerous violations in Harris County, where local officials sent out ballots to everyone and then allowed drive-through voting.
Abbott said proven cases of voter fraud were somehow favoring the Democrat Party........
https://www.oann.com/texas-unveils-bills-to-prevent-election-fraud/
@libertybele
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty

In Texas, the Election Director, connected to the Secretary of State's office, is an attorney who knows the Election Code "by heart".  (Keith Ingram is the Director now)  A woman lawyer was the Director when I was working in elections.  There are other lawyers in that office, but they do not know much.  I, and my husband, who was the Republican Chairman, dealt with them over and over and had to educate those lawyers when they were wrong.  The woman Administrator and I worked hand in hand to help counties hold their election correctly.  She knew the other lawyers could screw up.  More than once those lawyers would tell my husband, they appreciated his teaching them.

I say the above to note that the State Elections Director, Keith Ingram, will be in the middle of these new laws as they are made to be sure they are legal to be election law. 

Take a look at the Texas Election Division website:

https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/index.shtml

Keith Ingram
Director, Elections Division at Texas Office of the Secretary of State