Author Topic: Chris Harrison Is Done. The Lesson? Never Apologize  (Read 167 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chris Harrison Is Done. The Lesson? Never Apologize
« on: March 16, 2021, 03:07:11 pm »
 Chris Harrison Is Done. The Lesson? Never Apologize

Cancel culture feeds on apologies. The only way to stop it is to resist it, and Chris Harrison failed.

By Kylee Zempel
March 16, 2021

The Chris Harrison predictions have panned out just as expected. The next season of “The Bachelorette” is right around the corner, and Chris Harrison, the only host “The Bachelor” franchise has ever known, will officially not be part of it.

“We support Chris in the work that he is committed to doing. In his absence, former Bachelorettes Tayshia Adams and Kaitlyn Bristowe will support the new Bachelorette through next season,” ABC Entertainment and Warner Horizon told the Hollywood Reporter in a joint statement on Friday evening. “As we continue the dialogue around achieving greater equity and inclusion within The Bachelor franchise, we are dedicated to improving the BIPOC representation of our crew, including among the executive producer ranks. These are important steps in effecting fundamental change so that our franchise is a celebration of love that is reflective of our world.”

The franchise is certainly reflective of one aspect of our world: cancel culture. According to the Hollywood Reporter, ABC’s decision not to keep Harrison as the host for the next “Bachelorette” installment follows “a racial controversy surrounding the veteran face of the franchise.”

That’s not exactly what happened, however. It was a controversy all right, and it centered almost exclusively on Harrison, but the racism charge really wasn’t about Harrison’s actions at all — or, at least, it shouldn’t have been.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/03/16/chris-harrison-is-done-the-lesson-never-apologize/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Chris Harrison Is Done. The Lesson? Never Apologize
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 03:24:56 pm »
Piers Morgan is the mans lead you need to follow if the left comes after you.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 04:12:24 pm »
I’ve watched every season of The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, and Bachelor in Paradise.

It’s a guilty pleasure. I like the dates, because they go to some pretty amazing places now. And it’s also sort of a train wreck because I think only about six couples from the franchise are still together plus the other contestants who have hooked up on their own.

I cannot imagine watching the show without Chris Harrison, I really can’t. It’s like watching “Fantasy Island” without Ricardo Montalban.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 08:14:30 pm »
Piers Morgan is the mans lead you need to follow if the left comes after you.

Too many people are groveling to the cancel culture left. They don’t have any real power except whining
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2021, 10:43:12 pm »
Posted by me, eleven years ago, in another forum:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/bloggers/2556995/posts?page=20#20