Author Topic: Hogg Learns A Valuable Lesson About Brand Management  (Read 355 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Hogg Learns A Valuable Lesson About Brand Management
« on: March 16, 2021, 02:27:27 pm »
I can only guess that Hogg has been putting pen to paper non-stop for the past month, desperately trying to come up wth a name that’s as snappy as GoodPillow. While I completely disagree with Hogg’s views on the Second Amendment and gun ownership, I’m a big fan of the free market, and since the gun control activist and his erstwhile partner are going to need a new brand for his pillow company, I’ve come with a few suggestions of my own in case he and his buddy need any help.

PillowHog (the pillow for greedy sleepers)
SuperGoodPillow
ReallyGoodPillow
BetterThanAveragePillow
JustPillow
WokePillow
I really think the last name has a ring to it. You could even use the slogan “Stay woke, even when you’re sleeping.”

Guess I should probably register that with the Patent and Trademark Office, right?

When we last checked in with March For Our Lives co-founder David Hogg, the anti-gun advocate was raising eyebrows and receiving criticism from some of his fellow gun control activists over his new socially-conscious pillow company that he was starting in order to challenge the market dominance of Mike Lindell’s MyPillow. Not long after his MFOL compatriot Cameron Kasky took Hogg to task for his “pillow grift” Hogg announced he was stepping away from March For Our Lives to focus on his new company, but as it turns out Hogg forgot to do one very important task.

Hogg and his business partner William LeGate publicly decided on GoodPillow as the name of their company back on February 10th, but while they informed their Twitter followers of the new name, they neglected to say anything to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. From Newsbusters:

A subsequent search of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office database reveals that on February 11, a day after the heads up provided by Newsweek, that “Good Pillow” was indeed registered by a Mr. Robert Holland of North Carolina. Congratulations, Bob! You might be the only person who ends up making money from “Good Pillow.”

Whoops!

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2021/03/15/david-hogg-learns-valuable-lesson-about-brand-management-n42139
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

Re: Hogg Learns A Valuable Lesson About Brand Management
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 08:33:04 pm »
 This kids 15 minutes of fame have long expired. He’s just the last to realize it.

He reminds me of these child stars who, once they grow up and people forget about them, they still want to remain  in the limelight somehow

In that sense I do have sympathy. The left tried to make him famous when he was 17 years old and, when they couldn’t stand his mouth anymore, they abandoned him. He’s another Cindy Sheehan except Cindy Sheehan is more sympathetic because she had a great loss
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 11:31:39 pm »
This kids 15 minutes of fame have long expired. He’s just the last to realize it.

He reminds me of these child stars who, once they grow up and people forget about them, they still want to remain  in the limelight somehow

In that sense I do have sympathy. The left tried to make him famous when he was 17 years old and, when they couldn’t stand his mouth anymore, they abandoned him. He’s another Cindy Sheehan except Cindy Sheehan is more sympathetic because she had a great loss
Very often those people stage a very final demand for recognition with their suicides, Hogg seems to be setting himself up for a major fall, then again he may thrive on being a national embarrassment.

BassWrangler

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 12:20:10 am »
Very often those people stage a very final demand for recognition with their suicides, Hogg seems to be setting himself up for a major fall, then again he may thrive on being a national embarrassment.

I suspect he's fixing to flunk out of Harvard. He's not that bright.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 12:30:54 am »
There's no evidence pecker-head has learnt a damned thing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

BassWrangler

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2021, 01:28:17 am »
There's no evidence pecker-head has learnt a damned thing.

That's OK. I'll settle for watching him fail.