Author Topic: For US, Gradual Ruin Is About to Become Sudden  (Read 840 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
For US, Gradual Ruin Is About to Become Sudden
« on: March 16, 2021, 02:00:41 pm »
https://www.theepochtimes.com/for-us-gradual-ruin-is-about-to-become-sudden_3733858.html

For US, Gradual Ruin Is About to Become Sudden
Roger Kimball
March 15, 2021

Excerpt:
It used to be that American was the land of the free and home of the brave. A robust culture of free speech was every American’s birthright.

We had free and fair elections, unlike the banana republics we were always called upon to bail out or police.

We also had borders, and even politicians eager to increase immigration understood the difference between entering the country legally and opening the floodgates to the hordes massing on our Southern border.

That’s all behind us now, or at least those traditions appear to be on life support—no, the patient was on life support, but someone came to euthanize him and pulled the plug.

The signs and portents are many and they are not encouraging.

Perhaps the most disturbing episode last week was Joe Biden’s alarming performance when he announced the elevation of two women to the status of combat generals.

Biden went on to underscore the “intensity of purpose” with which his administration would be pursuing “body armor that fits women properly, tailoring combat uniforms for women, creating maternity flight suits, updating their hairstyle requirements.”

This was not from a Saturday Night Live skit: it was the President of the United States live in front of the cameras.

More at URL above...

Poster's note:
You may need to disable javascript in order to read the full article.
There are free extensions for most browsers that make this an easy on/off feature.

Offline LMAO

Re: For US, Gradual Ruin Is About to Become Sudden
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 08:19:04 pm »
All looks pretty bleak. Cancel culture is winning. The president has a high job approval rating despite rising gas prices and attacks in our economy.  Lockdowns that are unnecessary are still being pushed. Crime is out of control especially violent crime. We see full throated attacks on many of our traditions.  Americans are called racist no matter what they do by the radical left and even some that are elected to office.  It’s easy just to give up and say it’s over.

But the pendulum will swing. It won’t be easy and the radical left is it going to give up their gains without a fight. But it will swing. It may be one major event that does it or just little by little

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 08:39:27 pm »
All looks pretty bleak. Cancel culture is winning. The president has a high job approval rating despite rising gas prices and attacks in our economy.  Lockdowns that are unnecessary are still being pushed. Crime is out of control especially violent crime. We see full throated attacks on many of our traditions.  Americans are called racist no matter what they do by the radical left and even some that are elected to office.  It’s easy just to give up and say it’s over.

But the pendulum will swing. It won’t be easy and the radical left is it going to give up their gains without a fight. But it will swing. It may be one major event that does it or just little by little

Things are very bleak. We've lost our Republic. I am doubtful that the pendulum will swing back anywhere near conservatism.

The stolen election and SCOTUS looking the other way is the major event that has defined the direction of our country.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 08:56:57 pm »

Oh the pendulum will swing against these fascist busybodies alright. I'm just not sure where we'll wind up.

One thing is for certain though. Some of us will never forgive these progressive idiots for destroying, in their sublime ignorance, the system that has provided the most people with the best quality of life with the most individual freedom in the history of mankind.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2021, 09:20:27 pm »

Things are very bleak. We've lost our Republic. I am doubtful that the pendulum will swing back anywhere near conservatism.

The stolen election and SCOTUS looking the other way is the major event that has defined the direction of our country.

Agree.  Everyone should be doing their upmost to protect their nest egg, and asset base. No idea exactly when this house of cards is going to collapse, but anyone thinking the wall street bubble is sustainable. is outright nuts.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 09:34:16 pm »
Agree.  Everyone should be doing their upmost to protect their nest egg, and asset base. No idea exactly when this house of cards is going to collapse, but anyone thinking the wall street bubble is sustainable. is outright nuts.
Its ok, Biden is gonna jack our taxes way up out the roof.

My wife was asking about this today. My thought is anyone invested in the stock market and is heavily invested in big corporations, tech, clean energy, etc is gonna be fine for the simple reason they are running the government now.

Amazon is a great example - the economy is staggering under fabricated 'pandemic' but Bezos has never had it so good. It would not surprise me if his toads are the ones lobbying DC to keep things closed.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 09:35:46 pm by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2021, 09:47:26 pm »

I remember last time that the DOW kept rising and the NASDQ plunged off and on ... then we saw the market take a nosedive along with the housing market.

We're invested partially to get some income.  Relying strictly on SS isn't going to cut it.

If possible people need to be as debt free as possible.

Taxes and cost the cost of living have been on the rise since COVID began.  Prices right now for food are absolutely ridiculous and gas around here has risen over $1.00/gal since Sloe Joe took office.

Gold. Silver. Food. Water. Guns. Ammo.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2021, 10:17:56 pm »
It took Venezuela less than a decade to go from wealthy oil-exporter to "lets go to the zoo for dinner".

The US is well down that road and the snapping point will be when China stops floating our annual deficits.  Suddenly the dollar will crash, we're not exporting oil anymore (again), we're not manufacturing anything any more, and a service economy only works when there's other capital from manufacturing or exports to fuel the service chains.

Once we start putting Obamas (a billion dollar note used where a Hamilton used to circulate) and the nation is gone.   Could be by 2026, even.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2021, 10:20:16 pm »
It took Venezuela less than a decade to go from wealthy oil-exporter to "lets go to the zoo for dinner".

The US is well down that road and the snapping point will be when China stops floating our annual deficits.  Suddenly the dollar will crash, we're not exporting oil anymore (again), we're not manufacturing anything any more, and a service economy only works when there's other capital from manufacturing or exports to fuel the service chains.

Once we start putting Obamas (a billion dollar note used where a Hamilton used to circulate) and the nation is gone.   Could be by 2026, even.

I could be wrong, but I thought China had already stopped floating our debt.

As for the dollar crashing and your timeline; I'd say within this year.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2021, 11:15:46 pm »
I could be wrong, but I thought China had already stopped floating our debt.

As for the dollar crashing and your timeline; I'd say within this year.

SOMEONE is buying the debt or we couldn't write a 2 thousand billion dollar pork package to rescue the  Rodent states.

If they just printed up the money, inflation would soar.

But I can't see the game lasting much longer now.   Just remember what happened to the Cypriots.  The government overnight raided all the bank accounts.   Instant taxation.

Could happen to your 401(k) just as easily.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2021, 11:21:13 pm »
SOMEONE is buying the debt or we couldn't write a 2 thousand billion dollar pork package to rescue the  Rodent states.

But I can't see the game lasting much longer now.   Just remember what happened to the Cypriots.  The government overnight raided all the bank accounts.   Instant taxation.

THIS is my fear also.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2021, 11:32:54 pm »

Can you spell REVOLUTION?

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2021, 11:34:37 pm »
THIS is my fear also.

The Rodents are dividing America into two classes.

The super-rich and the poor.

in the meantime, there's that vast retired and retiring middle class with huge wealth in their retirement funds that, hey, they're mostly white, and thus racist...let's steal their money.

They'll rig it so they are protected and then the thieves will seize the accounts.

It's coming.   

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2021, 11:38:09 pm »
Can you spell REVOLUTION?

Looks like you made a good shot at spelling the word.

So.

Let's say someone has a million bucks invested in his retirement funds.   They're all in stocks, nobody has bonds anymore.

And one night, while's he sleeping, the government comes along and simply re-assigns 90% of those shares to itself, without bothering to tell him about it.

And the government does that to everyone who isn't well connected.

What's going to happen?

Pretty much nothing, actually.

Go ahead and riot, they will.   But the money will still be locked away when it's over.

I'm not seeing much hope for a people who won't even protest the stealing of the Presidency by an imbecile and a slut.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2021, 11:42:57 pm »

So.

Let's say someone has a million bucks invested in his retirement funds.   They're all in stocks, nobody has bonds anymore.

And one night, while's he sleeping, the government comes along and simply re-assigns 90% of those shares to itself, without bothering to tell him about it.

What's going to happen?

Go ahead and riot, they will.   But the money will still be locked away when it's over.

I'm not seeing much hope for a people who won't even protest the stealing of the Presidency by an imbecile and a slut.

There are regular folks rotting in jail for taking selfies in the speakers chair. I can only imagine how they'll react when middle class nobodies take to the street and actually riot.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2021, 11:43:33 pm »

So.

What's going to happen?

Is this like one of those holding out Medicare an SSI from every paycheck things?

Last I heard, and it may be a couple of years ago. The news was there was over $80 trillion in private accounts. (That they knew about.)
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2021, 11:51:21 pm »
There are regular folks rotting in jail for taking selfies in the speakers chair. I can only imagine how they'll react when middle class nobodies take to the street and actually riot.

Silly me. Reality escaped me for a minute. We are all royally screwed.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2021, 11:58:28 pm »
Silly me. Reality escaped me for a minute. We are all royally screwed.
Well we are. The entire razor wire, Nt'l Guard, 400 arrests mostly for touring the capitol thing is meant to send a message. The feds may pull punches for ANITFA, BLM and assorted anarchists, they will NOT pull them for us.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2021, 12:06:54 am »
Well we are. The entire razor wire, Nt'l Guard, 400 arrests mostly for touring the capitol thing is meant to send a message. The feds may pull punches for ANITFA, BLM and assorted anarchists, they will NOT pull them for us.

AMERICA. What will the world do without her?

This country is what has kept most of the world afloat, giving quite a bit of our GDP to aid and assist other countries.  We ARE one of the most generous countries on earth.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRhyb2RRRb8

BassWrangler

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2021, 12:11:27 am »

So.

What's going to happen?

https://imgur.com/khCjeBZ

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2021, 12:16:07 am »
Is this like one of those holding out Medicare an SSI from every paycheck things?

Last I heard, and it may be a couple of years ago. The news was there was over $80 trillion in private accounts. (That they knew about.)

We're reaching the point where 80 Trill isn't going to cover the national debt. 

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2021, 12:23:06 am »
We're reaching the point where 80 Trill isn't going to cover the national debt.

They are going to take it anyway they can.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2021, 01:54:42 am »
In simple terms, this country is finally being run by people who are not patriots, ie - those who choose to place the country first and themselves second.

With only that interest in mind, elections forevermore will be rigged, and the majority of voters will be voting for a raise for themselves rather than actually working for themselves.

It will continue until the collapse, which is inevitable when there are no more saps to take money from to satisfy the electorate.

This could be prolonged if the leadership chooses to have China come in to 'help' the country and eventually China takes it over for their own benefit.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2021, 10:24:04 pm »
In simple terms, this country is finally being run by people who are not patriots, ie - those who choose to place the country first and themselves second.

With only that interest in mind, elections forevermore will be rigged, and the majority of voters will be voting for a raise for themselves rather than actually working for themselves.

It will continue until the collapse, which is inevitable when there are no more saps to take money from to satisfy the electorate.

This could be prolonged if the leadership chooses to have China come in to 'help' the country and eventually China takes it over for their own benefit.

"Finally"?

When was the last time we had a patriot in the White House?

Reagan.

Before Reagan...?

JFK?  At least he wasn't a socialist war monger like his VP.   But he was a Democrat, so it's hard to call him a patriot.

Eisenhower would be my call.

When was the last time we had a patriotic Congress?   

Okay, that was a trick question.   I don't think we've ever had a Congress that put the interests of the country before their own.   That is the basic problem of the ruling classes, and always has been.

As for letting foreign countries in to "help"?   I don't see that happening.  At least not before the Rodents manage to disarm 150 million Americans.  No sane foreign government would put their troops in that kind of shooting gallery.