Author Topic: Turner says Acevedo departure caught him by surprise, will announce new chief by end of week  (Read 236 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by Jasper Scherer, St. John Barned-Smith, Dylan McGuinness 3/15/2021,

Turner says Acevedo departure caught him by surprise, will announce new chief by end of week

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo’s abrupt announcement that he was going to leave caught his boss by surprise, and was also news to many Miami officials conducting a nationwide search for a chief.

Acevedo hadn’t formally applied for the Florida job, and the much smaller Miami department wasn’t what the Houston political community expected as the next step in the chief’s career.

Acevedo informed Mayor Sylvester Turner of his decision Sunday at around 5 p.m., the mayor said at a news conference Monday, acknowledging he had received no prior hint about his police chief’s departure. Acevedo never formally applied to be Miami’s top cop and was not on anyone’s radar there “other than just a few people at City Hall,” the Miami Herald reported Monday.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Turner-confirms-Acevedo-departure-says-he-will-16026983.php

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
And you can bet that whomever mayor pothole selects will be a vast improvement over Acevedo!  /S
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Miami will regret that choice.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington