Author Topic: US Plans To House 3,000 Immigrant Children At Dallas Convention Center  (Read 421 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

US Plans To House 3,000 Immigrant Children At Dallas Convention Center
CBS DFW, Mar 15, 2021

The U.S. government plans to use the downtown Dallas convention center to hold up to 3,000 immigrant teenagers as sharply higher numbers of border crossings have severely strained the current capacity to hold youths, according to a memo obtained by The Associated Press.

The announcement comes amid comments from Texas Governor Gregg Abbott on March 9 who called the situation at the border an ongoing humanitarian crisis. “This crisis as a result of President Biden’s policies invites illegal immigration and is creating a humanitarian crisis for Texas,” said Gov. Abbott. “His administration is helping the cartels make money and grow stronger.”

The Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center will be used for up to 90 days beginning as early as this week, according to written notification sent to members of the Dallas City Council on Monday. Federal agencies will use the facility to house boys ages 15 to 17, according to the memo, which describes the soon-to-open site as a “decompression center.”

U.S. Health and Human Services is rushing to open facilities across the country to house immigrant children who are otherwise being held by the U.S. Border Patrol, which is generally supposed to detain children for no more than three days. The Border Patrol is holding children longer because there is next to no space in the HHS system, similar to the last major increase in migration two years ago.

More: https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/03/15/house-3000-immigrant-children-dallas-convention-center/

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/03/15/house-3000-immigrant-children-dallas-convention-center/

The memo sent to Dallas City Council members says the Federal Emergency Management Agency and HHS will “be responsible for providing shelter management and contracts” for food, security, cleaning, and medical care at the convention center. Dallas previously offered space to HHS during the 2014 surge of crossings of immigrant children.

Dallas City Manager T.C. Broadnax said in a statement that “collective action is necessary and we will do our best to support this humanitarian effort.” He referred questions to HHS, which did not respond to requests for comment Monday.

HHS also has said it will house immigrant youths in Midland. Teenagers began arriving Sunday at a converted camp for oilfield workers where volunteers from the American Red Cross will care for them.

Neither HHS nor the Red Cross would detail how the volunteers have been trained or whether they have undergone FBI fingerprint checks. The Red Cross said in a statement that it was working with HHS to “orient our volunteers.”

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We are seeing Biden's Operation "Wetback". 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

We are seeing Biden's Operation "Wetback".
Yeah, and someone had better do something to stop it soon, ‘cause we are watching the end of the republic unfold right now. In a year it’ll be all over.

Feds Bus Migrant Children into West Texas Town Under Cover of Darkness
Breitbart, Mar 15, 2021

Reports from local news outlets in Midland, Texas, reveal busloads of migrant children being moved under the cover of darkness into a local holding facility. State and local officials received little or no advance notice of the federal government’s plans to move these migrant children into their community.

“On Sunday, Governor Greg Abbott announced that the federal government planned to move some children from the border to a holding facility in Midland,” CBS 7’s Joshua Skinner reported. “The migrants arrived in buses overnight.”

CBS7 reports the new shelter is located near FM 1788 and County Road 150 in Midland County.

Breitbart Texas reached out to the Office of the Texas Governor for information about the operation that led to moving the children into the facility during overnight hours. An official said the Biden Administration is not forthcoming with information regarding the border crisis and the movement of these migrant children. Abbott received information about the plans late on Saturday night.

More:  https://www.breitbart.com/border/2021/03/15/feds-bus-migrant-children-into-west-texas-town-under-cover-of-darkness/

Biden's not even trying to hide how fast and hard they're coming for Texas. 

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Let the rapes begin. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

Will the Feds pay to rehab the facility after it's trashed? :silly: Yeah, I was joking.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Idiot

CBS DFW, Mar 15, 2021

The U.S. government plans to use the downtown Dallas convention center to hold up to 3,000 immigrant teenagers as sharply higher numbers of border crossings have severely strained the current capacity to hold youths, according to a memo obtained by The Associated Press.

The announcement comes amid comments from Texas Governor Gregg Abbott on March 9 who called the situation at the border an ongoing humanitarian crisis. “This crisis as a result of President Biden’s policies invites illegal immigration and is creating a humanitarian crisis for Texas,” said Gov. Abbott. “His administration is helping the cartels make money and grow stronger.”

The Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center will be used for up to 90 days beginning as early as this week, according to written notification sent to members of the Dallas City Council on Monday. Federal agencies will use the facility to house boys ages 15 to 17, according to the memo, which describes the soon-to-open site as a “decompression center.”

U.S. Health and Human Services is rushing to open facilities across the country to house immigrant children who are otherwise being held by the U.S. Border Patrol, which is generally supposed to detain children for no more than three days. The Border Patrol is holding children longer because there is next to no space in the HHS system, similar to the last major increase in migration two years ago.

More: https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/03/15/house-3000-immigrant-children-dallas-convention-center/
What a travesty!  Our crime rate is going to skyrocket.  My liberal brother says it's ok though, since these people need help. (danged liberal Ausinites)

Offline Victoria33

@Elderberry
@mystery-ak

Elder, myst, I can tell you what will happen to these teenage boys housed in that convention center.  I can tell you because it has happened many times before here.

The Dallas and Fort Worth Catholic diocese gets money from the federal government to take illegal aliens that come to the area in groups like this.  They give them healthcare, money to rent a place, find jobs for them.

A few years ago, this was going on and there was a clampdown on illegal aliens in the area.  The Fort Worth diocese printed a paper and it was distributed to every Catholic Church to give to members, like me.  I simply could not believe they would tell us not to report any illegal alien we knew.  I kept that sheet due to them telling us not to obey the law.

That was it for me.  No longer would I give them money so they could use it to keep illegal families, teenagers, single adults, etc., in this country.

More about this:  In my Catholic Church, we had a Spanish Priest.  He needed help with his English, so he and I met once a week for me to help him with his English.  It was during this time that the paper came out asking us not to turn in illegals.  This priest said we had a number of illegals in the church and they were afraid they were going to be found, and sent back to Mexico or part of their family sent back if a member had a criminal record such as running a stop light, or worse.  He and I let that be because I did not agree with him that we should allow them here.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 04:07:10 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: US Plans To House 3,000 Immigrant Children At Dallas Convention Center
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2021, 01:20:45 am »
What a travesty!  Our crime rate is going to skyrocket.  My liberal brother says it's ok though, since these people need help. (danged liberal Ausinites)
Im my opinion, people who believe that should be the first place to open their own homes to house these people, since they should not be here anyway.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington