Author Topic: WaPo Issues Lengthy Correction After Completely Misquoting Trump In Story About Phone Call With Geor  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 04:37:09 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Julie Kelly
@julie_kelly2

Two outright lies—one about Trump’s call and one about Officer Sicknick—are in official government record for impeachment.

Now what?

Henry Rodgers
@henryrodgersdc   Â· 17h

Glenn, this is the impeachment brief. The fake quote is in it...  twitter.com/glennkesslerwp…

11:02 AM · Mar 16, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Catturd â„¢
@catturd2

LIAR !!! 

8:06 AM · Mar 16, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1371794902791643136

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Polly Ticks

Wouldn't it be fun to see Trump sue them for libel? 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
How Do Big Media Outlets So Often "Independently Confirm" Each Other's Falsehoods?

The Washington Post's media-spread error about Trump's Georgia call shows the deceitful playbook first invented to undermine Trump and promote Russiagate.

Glenn Greenwald

NBC News’ national security reporter and long-time de facto CIA spokesman Ken Dilanian purporting to “independently confirm” a false CNN story, Dec. 8, 2017

There were so many false reports circulated by the dominant corporate wing of the U.S. media as part of the five-year-long Russiagate hysteria that in January, 2019, I compiled what I called “The 10 Worst, Most Embarrassing U.S. Media Failures on the Trump-Russia Story.” The only difficult part of that article was choosing which among the many dozens of retractions, corrections and still-uncorrected factual falsehoods merited inclusion in the worst-ten list. So stiff was the competition that I was forced to omit many huge media Russiagate humiliations, and thus, to be fair to those who missed the cut, had to append a large “Dishonorable Mention” category at the end.

That the entire Russiagate storyline itself was a fraud and a farce is conclusively demonstrated by one decisive fact that can never be memory-holed: namely, the impetus for the scandal and subsequent investigation was the conspiracy theory that the Trump campaign had secretly and criminally conspired with the Russian government to interfere in the 2016 election, primarily hacking into the email inboxes of the DNC and Clinton campaign chief John Podesta. And a grand total of zero Americans were accused (let alone convicted) of participating in that animating conspiracy.

The New York Times’ May, 2017 announcement of Robert Mueller as special counsel stated explicitly that his task was “to oversee the investigation into ties between President Trump’s campaign and Russian officials” and specifically “investigate ‘any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump.’”

The related secondary media-created conspiracy theory was that the Kremlin clandestinely controlled U.S. political institutions by virtue of sexual and financial blackmail held over President Trump, which they used to compel him to obediently obey their dictates. “I don’t know what the Russians have on the president, politically, personally, or financially” was the dark innuendo which House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her media allies most loved to spout.

-- excerpt, rest at link above --

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"How Do Big Media Outlets So Often "Independently Confirm" Each Other's Falsehoods?"

It's the new "American ComInform".

Imagine a triangle sitting on top of a pile of dung.
At the apex of the triangle is the new york times.
The two other points below are the washington post and cnn.
And underneath them is the great dung heap of the compliant "mass media", print, television, cable, etc.

Ready to spew out the party line at a moment's notice.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Ted Bundy believed even after murdering women in the three figures (hundreds) and confessing to it, still believed he was going to get away with it.  Denial, one of Satan's most powerful delusions. Apparently makes wickedness much more palatable.  People with herd mentalities are just what the political, godless, amoral dearly love.  They will turn on God, Family, Country in a heart beat to Lewinsky the political gods in power.  As you have seen, millions have in our times.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 01:07:56 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline christian

They lied for four years about Trump while he was in office and before and after.  Then they committed massive election fraud and lied about it to an extent never seen before, yet the gullible, and there certainly were many, bought into their lies even then!  Many still do!  Ask one of our shameless NEVERTRUMPERS who helped the liars and deceivers give the election to Biden.  Many helped and went along, but now want to bawl loud and long about the consequences now upon them.  They don't recognize their own handiwork or duplicities?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 04:02:42 am by christian »

Offline christian

NeverTrumpers,they don't recognize their own handiwork or duplicities?  and you want to march step for those Pied Pipers?  REALLY ?
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: