Author Topic: Derek Chauvin Trial  (Read 13601 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Derek Chauvin Trial
« Reply #175 on: April 09, 2021, 12:15:12 am »
John Cardillo
@johncardillo
Notice how the National Guard hasn’t been deployed to Minneapolis in anticipation of the inevitable riots?

This is all by design. The Marxists want civil unrest.
12:48 PM · Apr 8, 2021·

See reply #154 @mountaineer

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #176 on: April 09, 2021, 12:27:26 am »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

« Reply #177 on: April 09, 2021, 12:38:42 am »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #178 on: April 09, 2021, 02:50:22 am »
Except there was no bruising or other detectable damage to his neck...

The Dr. is paid liar.

I  won't go so far as to call him a liar.  But his testimony on statics in relation. to angle and body position is clearly outside his area of expertise.  And his speculation on cause of death was not supported by factual evidence in this case.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #179 on: April 09, 2021, 07:43:57 am »
Ok ... only getting info in here...not watching trial....  Question which has to be proven ... did Chauvin's actions contribute to his death?  Not caused his death but a contributing factor?  I say of course.  He was handcuffed.  On the ground. Saying he couldn't breathe.  Chauvin kept pressure on the neck - could have been a contributing factor is all that is needed for 3rd degree murder.

Damage didn't have to occur to the neck, the stress that Chauvin inflicted could have contributed to his existing heart problem.  Not being able to breathe doesn't necessarily come from damage to the windpipe -- stress itself will do it --- not being able to breathe -- add that to a heart patient and you have a stroke or heart attack waiting to happen.
Under different circumstances, perhaps. Don't forget that Floyd had three times the lethal dose of Fentanyl on board.  Keep in mind that was easy to do, as it does not take much, and often those who get it think they have something else.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #180 on: April 09, 2021, 08:34:38 am »
Under different circumstances, perhaps. Don't forget that Floyd had three times the lethal dose of Fentanyl on board. Keep in mind that was easy to do, as it does not take much, and often those who get it think they have something else.

@Smokin Joe

Let's also keep in mind that he wasn't exactly a 20 year old Olympic athlete. He was old and fat in addition to being loaded to the gills with drugs.

You just can't get away with taking massive doses of drugs like Fentanyl  when you are old,fat,and have health issues,regardless of who you are.

Unless,of course you are Keith Richards. There is just no explanation for that.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #181 on: April 09, 2021, 08:51:27 am »
@Smokin Joe

Let's also keep in mind that he wasn't exactly a 20 year old Olympic athlete. He was old and fat in addition to being loaded to the gills with drugs.

You just can't get away with taking massive doses of drugs like Fentanyl  when you are old,fat,and have health issues,regardless of who you are.

Unless,of course you are Keith Richards. There is just no explanation for that.
Fentanyl is just a watered down elephant tranquilizer. It eats old and fat for lunch.

But Keith Richards defies science...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

« Reply #182 on: April 09, 2021, 10:04:23 am »
This pulmonary expert doctor that the state brought in did an OK job but he is going to be torn apart when the defense gets their chance

You would have a lack of oxygen if your lungs were full of fluid. When patients have CHF exacerbation, Lasix IV is given to get the fluid off of them. They are also going through a respiratory distress because their lungs are feeling full of fluid. If you ever check the oxygen saturation on somebody going through a severe CHF exacerbation, we’ve gotten oxygen sats that were in the 70s and lower 

The Hennepin County coroner report states that George Floyd had some pretty heavy lungs

The prosecution still has not shown any evidence that Chauvin  caused the death of George Floyd.  That’s why you are getting more warnings from violent groups about burning down cities and buildings if they don’t get their way. They’re confusing their feelings with facts and evidence

The only consolation is that this will happen on President Harris’s watch. Is the Harris administration going to clamp down on the criminal acts when the general public demands it? Or is she going to bail out and excuse the rioters?  Public opinion on this case is a lot different than it was last summer so any type of tolerance for more riots is going to be zero. If President Harris takes a hard stand against them, there goes a huge swath of Democrat voters that’ll stay home in 2022 and 2024.  If she does nothing and excuses them,  she faces the wrath of the general public

Given how grossly ineffective she is on the border, I pick she excuses the rioters for all the public to see
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 10:05:24 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #183 on: April 09, 2021, 10:09:54 am »
There seems to be a thinking that says “if I see something that upsets me or looks bad to me, it must be illegal  and therefore, something needs to be done to correct my hurt feelings.”  That seems to apply to this case
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

« Reply #184 on: April 09, 2021, 11:31:28 am »
Legal Insurrection
@LegInsurrection

#ChauvinTrial Day 9 Wrap-Up: Medical Experts Resuscitate Prosecution Case

Chauvin Trial Day 9 Wrap-Up: Medical Experts Resuscitate Prosecution Case
                                                     Medical experts gave testimony state needed, without imploding on cross

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/04/chauvin-trial-day-9-wrap-up-medical-experts-resuscitate-prosecution-case/

11:20 PM · Apr 8, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/LegInsurrection/status/1380360064343674890

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #185 on: April 09, 2021, 11:49:40 am »
This pulmonary expert doctor that the state brought in did an OK job but he is going to be torn apart when the defense gets their chance

You would have a lack of oxygen if your lungs were full of fluid. When patients have CHF exacerbation, Lasix IV is given to get the fluid off of them. They are also going through a respiratory distress because their lungs are feeling full of fluid. If you ever check the oxygen saturation on somebody going through a severe CHF exacerbation, we’ve gotten oxygen sats that were in the 70s and lower 

The Hennepin County coroner report states that George Floyd had some pretty heavy lungs

The prosecution still has not shown any evidence that Chauvin  caused the death of George Floyd.  That’s why you are getting more warnings from violent groups about burning down cities and buildings if they don’t get their way. They’re confusing their feelings with facts and evidence

@LMAO

Keep that up and people will be calling you "Captain Obvious". It is all they have EVER done.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #186 on: April 09, 2021, 12:03:45 pm »
@LMAO

Keep that up and people will be calling you "Captain Obvious".

@sneakypete

Lol....

For sure

Barry Goldwater

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #187 on: April 09, 2021, 12:12:33 pm »
Breathing expert estimates half of Chauvin's weight was on Floyd's neck
By Aris Folley - 04/08/21 01:12 PM EDT

A respiratory physiology expert testified during the murder trial of Derek Chauvin on Thursday that the former Minneapolis police officer at one point had half of his body weight on George Floyd’s neck during his arrest last summer.

Floyd was killed during the arrest, a moment that led to nationwide demonstrations against police violence and for racial justice.

“What we’re seeing is that half of his body weight, plus half his gear weight, is coming down," Martin Tobin, a witness for the prosecution, testified Thursday as he looked at a photo captured from the arrest.

In the photo, the tip of Chauvin’s foot could also be seen slightly off the ground as he kneeled on Floyd, who was pinned to the street.

"That’s 91.5 pounds … coming down directly on Mr. Floyd’s neck,” Tobin, a renowned pulmonologist, testified. “Everything is directed down on his knee.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/547165-breathing-expert-estimates-half-of-chauvins-body-weight-about-91-pounds
Notice the way the article subtly denotes guilt?  He was killed rather than the more accurate he died.

Killing connotes someone else did it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #188 on: April 09, 2021, 02:45:19 pm »
This has been done to death, but who after reading about or seeing the full video doesn't believe Floyd wasn't responsible for about 99% of his demise. Only race hustlers and the terminally stupid still believe he was some sort of saint.
Just another in a long list of losers who get themselves killed or die in police custody due to their immense incompetence at playing the game of life.
Jesus, I just don't care about George Floyd's worthless existence.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #189 on: April 09, 2021, 08:09:03 pm »
Derek Chauvin Defense Uses Forensic Pathologist Cross-examination to Support George Floyd Overdose Theory

Joel B. Pollak 9 Apr 2021

Forensic pathologist Dr. Lindsey Thomas testified Friday at the trial of former Minneapolis, Minnesota, police officer Derek Chauvin that absent a struggle with police, the death of a person with the drugs George Floyd had in his system would have been ruled an overdose.

Defense attorney Eric Nelson cross-examined Thomas, a witness for the prosecution, after she had testified that the “primary mechanism of death” in the case was “asphyxia or low oxygen.”

Nelson was careful to ask about the level of drugs, because prosecutors have suggested the levels in Floyd’s body were low.

Nelson: So again, just kind of taking into consideration, removing certain variables, right, you find a person at home, no struggle with the police, right, and the person doesn’t have a heart problem, yet you find fentanyl and methamphetamine in this person’s system at the levels they are, would you certify this as an overdose ?

Dr. Thomas: Again, in the absence of any of these other realities, yes, I could consider that to be an overdose.

Nelson: And the level of fentanyl in a person — again, in this hypothetical scenario — there are deaths certified as drug overdoses significantly lower than 11 nanograms per milliliter ?

Dr. Thomas: Lower, higher. it’s got a huge range, yes.

Nelson: As low, I believe, as three percent or three nanograms per milliliter?

Dr. Thomas: Yes.

Nelson: So the ingestion of drugs is unique to that individual’s body, right?

Dr. Thomas: Right.

Nelson: I have no further questions.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2021/04/09/derek-chauvin-defense-uses-forensic-pathologist-cross-examination-to-support-george-floyd-overdose-theory/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #190 on: April 09, 2021, 11:41:33 pm »

BREAKING: During Chauvin Trial The Official Medical Examiner Confirms Floyd’s Heart Gave Out Due To Heart Disease, Hypertension, Drugs, And Stress (Videos)
April 9, 2021 Michelle M.

Dr. Andrew Baker, the Hennepin County medical examiner, took the stand at the murder trial of former Officer Derek Chauvin for pressing his knee on or close to Floyd’s neck.
Baker concluded last year that Floyd died from cardiopulmonary arrest — that is, his heart stopped.

The chief county medical examiner who ruled George Floyd’s death a homicide testified Friday that Floyd’s heart gave out due to heart disease, hypertension, drugs, and stress. He also said that the stress was caused by the way the police held him down.

When Baker was asked how police “subdual, restraint and neck compression” led to Floyd’s death, he said that Floyd had severe underlying heart disease and an enlarged heart that needed more oxygen than normal to function, as well as narrowing of two heart arteries.

Baker said being involved in a scuffle raises adrenaline, which asks the heart to beat even faster and supply more oxygen.

“And in my opinion, the law enforcement subdual, restraint and the neck compression was just more than Mr. Floyd could take by virtue of that, those heart conditions,” the medical examiner said.

Video below:

more
https://www.rightjournalism.com/breaking-during-chauvin-trial-the-official-medical-examiner-confirms-floyds-heart-gave-out-due-to-heart-disease-hypertension-drugs-and-stress-videos/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

« Reply #191 on: April 10, 2021, 12:19:18 am »
With that being stated, "stress" is the only factor that Chauvin may have had a part in that may have added to Floyd's death. It should be a slam dunk for the defense then from this point forward.

IMHO now, the only issue that's going to convict Chauvin is public sentiment and the fear of a major, major upheaval.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #192 on: April 10, 2021, 03:43:09 am »
Derek innocent. George high on meth, alcohol, fentanyl, pot.  DRVING UDI. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WatBuFAELE&t=12s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4zM7MsC9ts

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #193 on: April 10, 2021, 12:43:27 pm »
Derek innocent. George high on meth, alcohol, fentanyl, pot.  DRVING UDI. 

I don't think you will find many here who will disagree.  OTOH, the 12 BLM inspired locals there have another agenda.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #194 on: April 10, 2021, 01:24:15 pm »
What demon inside a man inspires him to combine meth and fentanyl?!
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #195 on: April 10, 2021, 01:56:44 pm »

@debrawiest

I dunno,but it ain't the clever one with the desire to survive.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #196 on: April 10, 2021, 01:57:37 pm »

IF you ask again, you will have to answer to Tuco.....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #197 on: April 10, 2021, 02:51:35 pm »
The combination of an opioid and stimulant (usually heroin and cocaine) is known as a 'speedball' and is supposed to provide the user with a more intense high.

Typically, addicts are chasing after the replication of their first high from a drug.
They'll never catch that, but it leads to larger doses, mixing, and even other drugs, in pursuit of that first high.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

« Reply #198 on: April 10, 2021, 03:39:40 pm »
I don't think you will find many here who will disagree.  OTOH, the 12 BLM inspired locals there have another agenda.

I don’t think the jury is chomping at the bit to convict the cop. I think they’re starting to catch on that the state’s case  falling apart. But I also believe that it’s in the back of their minds the threats, the riots that will follow an acquittal

But I find it hard to believe that the defense attorney is not also aware of this and the psychological pressure on the jury. He’ll not only stress how the case against Chauvin by the prosecution is extraordinarily weak, but warn them about giving into mob justice.

Think about all the lies that we’ve been told last summer that ended up destroying cities and may have permanently damaged this country. The left is desperate to paint this country as systemically racist so  anything and everything  will  be clamped on like a steel trap as long as it supports their narrative and even if it doesn’t

« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 03:40:37 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Hoodat

« Reply #199 on: April 10, 2021, 03:43:35 pm »

Heroin and meth I can understand.  But not fentanyl and meth.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-