Author Topic: Derek Chauvin Trial  (Read 13490 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Derek Chauvin Trial
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2021, 10:42:29 pm »
Lou Raguse
@LouRaguse

Officer MacKenzie -- on cross -- said that sometimes EMS "load and go" is done because bystanders sometimes attack paramedics.  Not what prosecution would have liked her to say. They tried to object for relevance but were overruled.

3:25 PM · Apr 6, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/LouRaguse/status/1379515559671398407

« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2021, 10:45:29 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Chauvin's lawyer just showed this picture to the jury

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec   Â· Apr 5

Lethal dose of fentanyl

3:26 PM · Apr 6, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1379515882028859392

« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2021, 11:05:46 pm »
3rd degree murder: "The unintentional killing of another through an eminently dangerous act committed with a depraved mind and without regard for human life."

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

BREAKING: Lawyer for George Floyd’s dealer states he does not want to testify bc it could incriminate himself for George Floyd’s murder

Video:

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1379498454129516549

2:17 PM · Apr 6, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2021, 11:11:59 pm »
Scott Adams
@ScottAdamsSays

If there's any real interest in saving the country from the riots to come, the only mindfuck big enough to get it done is to charge Floyd's dealer with murder, assuming the dealer knew he was selling fentanyl.

Also charge China's leadership, to reinforce the point.

Ann Coulter
@AnnCoulter   Â· 7h

George Floyd's alleged drug dealer invoking the fifth in anticipation of possible murder prosecution for giving him the drugs that killed him.

12:44 PM · Apr 6, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1379475081894621186

Online LMAO

« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2021, 11:38:40 pm »
This would have never gone to trial if Keith Ellison wasn't the AG of Minn
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2021, 11:46:39 pm »
This would have never gone to trial if Keith Ellison wasn't the AG of Minn

And Ellison wouldn't be there if not for George Soros's generosity.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2021, 01:00:22 am »
LIVE: Chauvin Trial Day 7 – Where is Cause of Death Beyond a Reasonable Doubt?

Arguing Floyd Died of Asphyxiation Just Means Fentanyl Killed Him

Today marks a week and a half since the state has begun presenting their case in chief, and they have yet to nail down a key issue in this case—what, exactly, caused Floyd’s death?

We know they don’t believe that Chauvin intentionally killed Floyd, because Chauvin is not charged with an intentional killing—all the various charges against him, including the odd use of the term “murder” preferred by Minnesota, are unintentional killing crimes, at worst (e.g., felony murder, reckless homicide).

They sometimes suggest in passing Floyd was killed asphyxia, lack of oxygen to his tissues, perhaps induced by Chauvin’s knee on Floyd’s neck, or pressure placed on Floyd’s body, or by positional asphyxia or purported failure to place Floyd in the so-called “recovery position.”

The problem with this approach is two-fold. First, it’s impossible to determine with any degree of certainty, much less beyond a reasonable doubt, that any of the physical actions of the officers, including Chauvin’s knee in the absence of any sign of leg trauma, actually caused any degree of asphyxia.  One can speculate that cause and effect, but speculation does not get one to proof beyond a reasonable doubt—at least not in the context of an evidence-based alternative explanation for asphyxia.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/04/live-chauvin-trial-day-7-where-is-cause-of-death-beyond-a-reasonable-doubt/
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2021, 01:17:24 am »
LIVE: Chauvin Trial Day 7 – Where is Cause of Death Beyond a Reasonable Doubt?

Arguing Floyd Died of Asphyxiation Just Means Fentanyl Killed Him

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/04/live-chauvin-trial-day-7-where-is-cause-of-death-beyond-a-reasonable-doubt/

I haven't watched most of the trial, and the MSM has already declared Chauvin guilty.   I still see that Chauvin kneeling on a hand-cuffed Floyd as using excessive force. The question though remains, did that act cause his death? Floyd on fentanyl with heart issues in my mind certainly raises some doubt.

Did he use excessive force? I say yes.  Did that excessive force kill Floyd?  Certainly questionable and may have contributed to his death.

In ordinary circumstances, I'd say that it will be difficult to prove without any doubt that Chauvin killed Floyd.  These aren't ordinary circumstances and Chauvin will be found guilty. This trial makes the OJ trial looks tame in comparison.  All hell will break lose unless he's convicted.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2021, 01:20:48 am »
Floyd on fentanyl with heart issues in my mind certainly raises some doubt.

As it will with a jury.

Hence, no conviction
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2021, 01:20:53 am »
All hell will break lose unless he's convicted.

Pretty sure all hell is going to break loose no matter what verdict is returned.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online libertybele

« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2021, 01:22:08 am »
Pretty sure all hell is going to break loose no matter what verdict is returned.

You are right ... sooner or later

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2021, 01:26:36 am »

The state is losing this case.  They know it so they are going the emotional route.  Watch for more threats of riots as the case further falls apart

Barry Goldwater

Online libertybele

« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2021, 02:00:38 am »
As it will with a jury.

Hence, no conviction

Negligible homicide??

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2021, 02:01:04 am »
The mob wants blood!
They claim they will break things if they don't get it.

Let them break things and see their own.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2021, 02:21:35 am »
The mob wants blood!
They claim they will break things if they don't get it.

Let them break things and see their own.

He has 3 charges against him with maximums of 40,  25, and 10.  I say he'll be lucky to get away with 10. On that charge they only have to prove that his actions could have contributed to his death. 

Online LMAO

« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2021, 02:34:40 am »
Negligible homicide??

The state has to prove Chauvin's actions caused the death and so far, they haven't come close

Juries aren't chomping at the bit to put cops in prison. Don't confuse juries with the mob and media
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 02:35:58 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2021, 12:43:38 pm »
I can imagine what’s going through the mind of a juror  on this case

You’re starting to figure out everything you were told last summer was a lie. You know that the state has not presented their case. You also know that riots are going to happen after you vote for an acquittal

If the past is any indication, jurors would rather risk riots than unjustifiably imprison a cop

Barry Goldwater

Offline Idiot

« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2021, 01:15:44 pm »
I can imagine what’s going through the mind of a juror  on this case

You’re starting to figure out everything you were told last summer was a lie. You know that the state has not presented their case. You also know that riots are going to happen after you vote for an acquittal

If the past is any indication, jurors would rather risk riots than unjustifiably imprison a cop
You are joking right?  All the jurors are thinking is I can't hardly wait to get out of here with this guilty verdict.  Of course he'll be convicted, it's a done deal even before the trial.  When you are a juror and you're thinking...hmmm....they'll likely kill me and my family if I don't convict the guy.....well....that kind of seals the deal.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2021, 01:30:14 pm »
In our conflicted world or race and ideology......

One thug with a rap sheet a mile long succumbs to an Fentanyl OD while being arrested, and becomes a national martyred hero

An unarmed veteran gets killed at the Capitol in cold blood, and 91 days later, we still don't even know who that cop was.

Really sick of these double standards
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 02:48:55 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2021, 01:42:08 pm »
In our conflicted world or race and idelology......

One thug with a rap sheet a mile long succumbs to an Fentanyl OD while being arrested, and becomes a national martyred hero

A unarmed veteran gets killed at the Capitol in cold blood, and 91 days later, we still don't even know who that cop was.

Just so you know @catfish1957 you ain't the only one!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2021, 01:52:44 pm »
In our conflicted world or race and idelology......

A unarmed veteran gets killed at the Capitol in cold blood, and 91 days later, we still don't even know who that cop was.

The thug was used as the excuse to cause countless millions of dollars in damages, not just in Minneapolis, but elsewhere as well.
Yet the FBI is expending tremendous energy hunting down and charging people who didn't even enter the Capitol with "insurrection".
Being called a "racist" because of the color of my skin is getting a mite tired, too.

But if it were not for double standards, the Left would have no standards at all.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online LMAO

« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2021, 03:11:23 pm »
You are joking right?  All the jurors are thinking is I can't hardly wait to get out of here with this guilty verdict.  Of course he'll be convicted, it's a done deal even before the trial.  When you are a juror and you're thinking...hmmm....they'll likely kill me and my family if I don't convict the guy.....well....that kind of seals the deal.

Not joking at all

I’ve been watching this trial very closely and the state has yet to make a case that Chauvins actions remotely caused George Floyd’s death

Conservatives love victimhood. Everything you’ve listed I’ve heard over and over again that juries will convict because they’re afraid of the mob and yet they consistently do not.

The jurors on this case are very well aware that if they return a not guilty verdict riots will happen. But if history is any guide, they will risk it. I don’t see any evidence that the jurors are  dying to convict us cop

One of the most wonderful things about our system is the verdict  must be unanimous.  But more importantly, the defendant is always assumed to be innocent. It’s up to the state to prove to a jury that the defendant is guilty. Not the other way around

Whether it was the Michael Brown case, The Breonna Taylor case, the George Zimmerman case, the Freddie Gray case, Each time people on conservative websites said that your earth will convict because they’re afraid of the mob and they do not. And mob’s  did threaten

There’s also that natural psychology and reluctance of juries to want to convict a cop unless what the cop did was particularly egregious.

This is looking more like the George Zimmerman case than the Michael Brown case. The jurors could say that the cop may have made some errors but that nothing he did rose to the crime of murder

This is not the first time mobs have made threats of violence if they don’t get a conviction only to find out that nothing supports any kind of conviction.

The reason that there’s been such a shift in public opinion from last summer on this is because people have gotten more information. Last June, 60 some percent believe that that cop murdered George Floyd. Today it’s 30 something

The jury is going to get a lot more information  than even the general public. It’s pathetic watching the defense tear apart every single witness that the state has brought in

« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 03:15:41 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

BassWrangler

« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2021, 04:36:10 pm »
Not joking at all

I’ve been watching this trial very closely and the state has yet to make a case that Chauvins actions remotely caused George Floyd’s death

Conservatives love victimhood. Everything you’ve listed I’ve heard over and over again that juries will convict because they’re afraid of the mob and yet they consistently do not.

The jurors on this case are very well aware that if they return a not guilty verdict riots will happen. But if history is any guide, they will risk it. I don’t see any evidence that the jurors are  dying to convict us cop

One of the most wonderful things about our system is the verdict  must be unanimous.  But more importantly, the defendant is always assumed to be innocent. It’s up to the state to prove to a jury that the defendant is guilty. Not the other way around

Whether it was the Michael Brown case, The Breonna Taylor case, the George Zimmerman case, the Freddie Gray case, Each time people on conservative websites said that your earth will convict because they’re afraid of the mob and they do not. And mob’s  did threaten

There’s also that natural psychology and reluctance of juries to want to convict a cop unless what the cop did was particularly egregious.

This is looking more like the George Zimmerman case than the Michael Brown case. The jurors could say that the cop may have made some errors but that nothing he did rose to the crime of murder

This is not the first time mobs have made threats of violence if they don’t get a conviction only to find out that nothing supports any kind of conviction.

The reason that there’s been such a shift in public opinion from last summer on this is because people have gotten more information. Last June, 60 some percent believe that that cop murdered George Floyd. Today it’s 30 something

The jury is going to get a lot more information  than even the general public. It’s pathetic watching the defense tear apart every single witness that the state has brought in

On the merits of the case presented by the prosecution and defense, at least what I've seen so far, Chauvin should be acquitted. However, the jury is heavily stacked with people who I believe will not be inclined towards impartiality. There will also be tremendous pressure on jurors to go along with what the mob wants. The media is doing everything it can to ignore a strong case from the defense. Chauvin lost the moment the judge refused a change of venue.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 04:37:01 pm by BassWrangler »

Offline Idiot

« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2021, 04:48:14 pm »
On the merits of the case presented by the prosecution and defense, at least what I've seen so far, Chauvin should be acquitted. However, the jury is heavily stacked with people who I believe will not be inclined towards impartiality. There will also be tremendous pressure on jurors to go along with what the mob wants. The media is doing everything it can to ignore a strong case from the defense. Chauvin lost the moment the judge refused a change of venue.
The really sad part, if it wasn't sad enough....is that WHEN Chauvin goes to prison, and he will...he'll likely be killed.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2021, 04:55:36 pm »
The really sad part, if it wasn't sad enough....is that WHEN Chauvin goes to prison, and he will...he'll likely be killed.
And, unlike George Floyd, no one will notice.

BLM donchya know.