Author Topic: Derek Chauvin Trial  (Read 13336 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Derek Chauvin Trial
« on: March 14, 2021, 04:13:47 pm »
‘The Nation’ on Derek Chauvin Jury: System Set up by Whites to ‘Go Free’ for Killing Black People

Joshua Klein 14 Mar 2021

The Nation published an article Thursday blasting the “deeply flawed” jury selection process for the trial of Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer accused of killing George Floyd, asserting the jury system “set up by white people” allows “white people [to] go free when they kill black people.”

The piece, penned by Nation justice correspondent Elie Mystal and titled “The Acquittal of Derek Chauvin Has Already Begun,” carries a sub-headline which claims the jury selection process “shows how the cop who killed George Floyd can, and likely will, win.” The article begins by stating Chauvin need not be referred to as having “allegedly” killed George Floyd, because the author “saw it.”

Mystal (pictured) laments that a jury, “comprised mainly of white people,” will decide whether “killing a black man should be a crime,” and then proclaims a trial should not even be necessary.

“In a reasonable world, this trial would be perfunctory,” he writes. “Hell, in a reasonable world, there wouldn’t even be a trial: Chauvin would have accepted some kind of plea deal.”

Mystal openly states white cops, for the most part, can easily get away with murdering black people.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/03/14/the-nation-on-derek-chauvin-jury-system-set-up-by-whites-to-go-free-for-killing-black-people/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Derek Chauvin Trial
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 04:30:39 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 07:13:12 pm »
 As more evidence comes out, and subsequently the shift in public opinion,  I think the left knows they don’t have a case for murder.  Be prepared for more articles like this. When this cop is acquitted of murder, watch for a repeat of summer 2020. Except this time, it’ll be on Biden’s watch. All the promises of returning to normalcy will be out the window. The public will then be demanding more law and order

None of us want bad cops  on any police force. But the left starts from the premise that all cops are bad. Now they see this case falling apart on them. They’re going to get worse
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 07:14:13 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 07:17:13 pm »
Judge reinstates third-degree murder charge against Derek Chauvin in George Floyd's death
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/11/us/derek-chauvin-george-floyd-charges/index.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2021, 07:35:10 pm »
The Columbia
@ColumbiaBugle

We haven’t even finished the Derek Chauvin trial.  You get what you voted for Minneapolis.

Josh Caplan
@joshdcaplan   Â· 34m

NBC NEWS: Minneapolis reaches $27 million settlement with George Floyd's family

2:05 PM · Mar 12, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1370450960498130948

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2021, 08:52:32 pm »
Considering the venue and potential jury pool, I'm wondering if Chauvin might fare better with a "bench trial" -- by a judge who will render a verdict without a jury...

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2021, 10:19:36 pm »
‘The Nation’ on Derek Chauvin Jury: System Set up by Whites to ‘Go Free’ for Killing Black People

Joshua Klein 14 Mar 2021

The Nation published an article Thursday blasting the “deeply flawed” jury selection process for the trial of Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer accused of killing George Floyd, asserting the jury system “set up by white people” allows “white people [to] go free when they kill black people.”

The piece, penned by Nation justice correspondent Elie Mystal and titled “The Acquittal of Derek Chauvin Has Already Begun,” carries a sub-headline which claims the jury selection process “shows how the cop who killed George Floyd can, and likely will, win.” The article begins by stating Chauvin need not be referred to as having “allegedly” killed George Floyd, because the author “saw it.”

Mystal (pictured) laments that a jury, “comprised mainly of white people,” will decide whether “killing a black man should be a crime,” and then proclaims a trial should not even be necessary.

“In a reasonable world, this trial would be perfunctory,” he writes. “Hell, in a reasonable world, there wouldn’t even be a trial: Chauvin would have accepted some kind of plea deal.”

Mystal openly states white cops, for the most part, can easily get away with murdering black people.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/03/14/the-nation-on-derek-chauvin-jury-system-set-up-by-whites-to-go-free-for-killing-black-people/

I’ve read that article and not once in his unhinged rant disguised as editorial did he dispute the Coroner report or any other evidence. All emotion because that’s all they have
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2021, 03:58:48 pm »
Chauvin Defense: Minneapolis Settlement With Floyd Family Could “Taint Jury Pool,” Demands Change Of Venue

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2021/03/15/chauvin-defense-minneapolis-settlement-floyd-family-taint-jury-pool-demands-change-venue/

What a disaster, once again brought to the Twin Cities by Minneapolis’ deeply unserious city government. Rather than wait until the end of the trials this spring and summer, the city council announced a massive $27 million settlement in the wrongful-death lawsuit brought by the family of George Floyd. That landed right in the middle of jury selection in the trial of former police officer Derek Chauvin, and now the defense wants a delay — and may move for a mistrial:

IMO, the City of Minneapolis, State of Minnesota, and MSM have intentionally worked to prejudice the jury pool, from Day 1. This was not a lack of being "serious", IMO.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 04:26:07 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2021, 04:02:32 pm »
 :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2021, 07:20:17 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec
BREAKING: Juror #51 admits she cannot be impartial after hearing the city awarded George Floyd's family a record $27 million
12:18 PM · Mar 15, 2021·Twitter Web App

Imagine that.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2021, 06:15:16 pm »
Derek Chauvin's lawyer says jury should hear about George Floyd's 'similar' 2019 arrest when he 'swallowed drugs to avoid having them found by cops' - after search of police car EIGHT MONTHS after his death found 'chewed up tablet' with his DNA

Derek Chauvin trial resumed as Judge Cahill heard defense request to admit 2019 arrest in pretrial motion
    Chauvin's lawyers want to introduce body cam footage 2019 incident year before George Floyd's fatal arrest
    In May 2019, Floyd allegedly put drugs in his mouth to avoid getting caught by cops during a traffic stop
    Last fall, judge rejected attempts by the defense to introduce it as evidence at trial, saying it was irrelevant
    But Nelson said that new evidence has come to light indicating that drugs were found after May 2020 arrest
    Nelson said his team found drugs with Floyd's DNA on it in the squad car where he was briefly placed last year
    According to Nelson, pills found in the police squad car 'were a methamphetamine and fentanyl mixture'
    'The entire arrest in May of 2019 ... is remarkably similar in multiple ways from one to the next,' Nelson said
    Prosecutors said jury shouldn't hear the evidence since it would be introduced to sully Floyd's reputation
    Assistant Attorney General Matthew Frank accused Nelson of being 'desperate' to smear Floyd's reputation
    Chauvin's attorney will argue Floyd's death due to methamphetamines and opioids found in his system

By Laura Collins, Chief Investigative Reporter For Dailymail.com and Ariel Zilber For Dailymail.com and Associated Press

Published: 10:47 EDT, 16 March 2021 | Updated: 13:18 EDT, 16 March 2021

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9367647/Derek-Chauvins-lawyer-says-jury-hear-George-Floyds-2019-arrest.html
Support the USO

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2021, 03:04:56 pm »
BREAKING: Judge Denies Change-Of-Venue Motion In Floyd Homicide Trial, But Allows Defense Evidence On Cause Of Death

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2021/03/19/breaking-judge-denies-change-venue-motion-floyd-homicide-trial-allows-defense-evidence-cause-death/

The defense won one and lost one today in the trial of Derek Chauvin. Despite an idiotic decision by the city council to announce a $27 million settlement admitting liability in the death of George Floyd, the trial will remain in Minneapolis, Judge Peter Cahill ruled a few minutes ago. That demand from the defense had been made once before, but after the publicity from the settlement disqualified two jurors, Chauvin’s team hoped Cahill would reconsider:
What did the defense win today? A chance to present a key argument for an alternate theory about Floyd’s death. Both sides agree that Floyd died of cardiac arrest, but the defense wants to argue that Floyd caused his own death by ingesting drugs at the time of his arrest. Cahill ruled that they can introduce a prior arrest incident in which Floyd created a medical crisis by ingesting drugs to avoid charges on possession, which nearly killed him in 2019:

How is being allowed to present cause-of-death evidence even an issue? If the prosecution is going to charge murder or manslaughter, they would have to present cause-of-death evidence. And the defense has to be allowed to cross-examine any/every prosecution witness and challenge any/all evidence the prosecution presents.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2021, 02:47:36 pm »
With striking of Black juror, Floyd activists see racism
By AMY FORLITI and STEPHEN GROVESMarch 18, 2021

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A prospective juror who once lived in the neighborhood where George Floyd was arrested told the attorney for an ex-officer charged in Floyd’s death that he had a personal reason for wanting to serve on the jury.

“Because me, as a Black man, you see a lot of Black people get killed and no one’s held accountable for it, and you wonder why or what was the decisions,” Juror No. 76 said under questioning during jury selection in Derek Chauvin’s murder trial. “So, with this, maybe I’ll be in the room to know why.”

But the man won’t be in the room. Even though he said he felt he could weigh the evidence fairly, he was struck by the defense. It was an illustration of how difficult it can be for people who say they have personal experience with police misconduct to make it onto juries that hold them accountable.

more
https://apnews.com/article/black-juror-struck-by-defense-george-floyd-8ccfe1cae6a6de4819f60ede0b59f4b3
Support the USO

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2021, 03:52:16 pm »
BREAKING: Judge Denies Change-Of-Venue Motion In Floyd Homicide Trial, But Allows Defense Evidence On Cause Of Death

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2021/03/19/breaking-judge-denies-change-venue-motion-floyd-homicide-trial-allows-defense-evidence-cause-death/

How is being allowed to present cause-of-death evidence even an issue? If the prosecution is going to charge murder or manslaughter, they would have to present cause-of-death evidence. And the defense has to be allowed to cross-examine any/every prosecution witness and challenge any/all evidence the prosecution presents.

This is almost as bad as the lynchings of the early mid 1900's era .  Mob racist mentality controlling justice process....  only difference is the rope, torches, and rural setting. This time the hooded ones are BLM liars, and complict liberal lawyers and judges afraid of the BLM pukes.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2021, 07:22:51 pm »
 Chauvin Trial: Meet the Jurors

Chosen jurors are broadly diverse in terms of gender, race, and age
Posted by Andrew Branca Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 09:41am

Welcome to our ongoing coverage of the Minnesota murder trial of Derek Chauvin, over the in-custody death of George Floyd.  I am Attorney Andrew Branca for Law of Self Defense, providing guest commentary and analysis of this trial for Legal Insurrection.

With the trial set to begin with opening arguments on Monday, March 29 at 9:00am CT, the court finally managed to select 15 jurors effective yesterday.  Only 14 of these will actually be sworn in and seated on Monday morning—if all 15 chosen show up, one of them will be sent home.  The court’s given no indication on the process to be used to choose the 15th unnecessary juror—it may simply be whoever shows up last on Monday.

In any case, I thought I’d take the opportunity to collect what we know of the jurors, both in aggregate and individually, here in a single blog post, along with brief descriptions of the jurors as shared by the court and media, including their gender and race.  The descriptions of the jurors are sourced from USA Today, as well as from my own notes taken during voir dire.)

I’ve also included the video of the voir dire of each of the selected jurors.

more
https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/03/chauvin-trial-meet-the-jurors/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2021, 07:23:22 pm »
Derek Chauvin trial: What to know about George Floyd autopsies, criminal complaint, jurors and more
Opening statements in the closely watched case to begin Monday

By Danielle Wallace | Fox News

More than 10 months after the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis, opening statements begin Monday in the murder trial of former police officer Derek Chauvin.

And the city, in a unique juxtaposition, is bracing for riots not seen since last summer as council members again seek to defund police.

A video recorded by a bystander showing the White officer with his knee pressed to the back of the Black man's neck for nearly nine minutes, ignoring his pleas that he couldn't breathe, will likely serve as a focal point for prosecutors.

The defense is expected to argue that Floyd was not killed on Memorial Day by Chauvin's knee – but rather by the drugs he ingested while resisting arrest and underlying health conditions, including high blood pressure and heart disease.

As jurors consider arguments from both sides high above on the 18th floor of the Hennepin County Government Center, the intersection where that footage was captured at E. 38th Street and Chicago Avenue has devolved into an autonomous zone riddled with gun violence and gang activity.

Armed individuals have sought to keep both law enforcement and journalists out of the barricaded George Floyd Square, as local residents and business owners have appealed for help.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/derek-chauvin-trial-george-floyd-what-to-know

Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2021, 07:54:57 pm »
IMHO he is already GUILTY until they can prove him innocent, which isn't going to happen. The MSM has already set things in motion, that should he be found innocent, a major, major race war would erupt.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2021, 08:02:06 pm »
I find it outrageous they declared the park named after the addled druggy who assaulted police officers an Autonomous Zone.   So wrong on so many levels.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2021, 08:03:47 pm »
I find it outrageous they declared the park named after the addled druggy who assaulted police officers an Autonomous Zone.   So wrong on so many levels.

Pretty much just about everything these days are wrong on so many levels. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2021, 08:04:17 pm »

Especially if that evidence is Brady Material.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2021, 08:06:37 pm »
This is almost as bad as the lynchings of the early mid 1900's era .  Mob racist mentality controlling justice process....  only difference is the rope, torches, and rural setting. This time the hooded ones are BLM liars, and complict liberal lawyers and judges afraid of the BLM pukes.
If the politicos were willing to do what they should have done when the first riots started--call out the National Guard, impose a curfew, and shut it down--they would not be living in fear of a not guilty verdict for Chauvin.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2021, 08:08:04 pm »
If the politicos were willing to do what they should have done when the first riots started--call out the National Guard, impose a curfew, and shut it down--they would not be living in fear of a not guilty verdict for Chauvin.

Not to mention saving Billions of property damage in the following months.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2021, 08:10:06 pm »

Absolutely agree 100%!!!!  IMHO, chances are Trump wouldn't have lost the election either.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2021, 08:22:19 pm »
Absolutely agree 100%!!!!  IMHO, chances are Trump wouldn't have lost the election either.

Minnesota refused that help (as did the other usual Rat suspects like CA, OR and WA), and it takes a tyrant like any given Rat to force that upon an unwilling state. Blaming Trump for that is misguided.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2021, 08:32:23 pm »
Minnesota refused that help (as did the other usual Rat suspects like CA, OR and WA), and it takes a tyrant like any given Rat to force that upon an unwilling state. Blaming Trump for that is misguided.

I think he could have handled it differently in a much more timely manner.  HOWEVER, you are right, it wouldn't have made a dang bit of difference what he did, the 'fix' was in to destroy him long ago.