Author Topic: Biden, the cigar store Indian of the White House  (Read 128 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Biden, the cigar store Indian of the White House
« on: March 13, 2021, 01:31:38 pm »
American Thinker by Terry Paulding 3/13/2021

Watching Biden’s first official address to the nation on Thursday night, I was reminded of nothing so much as the life-like carved wooden Indians that, beginning in the 19th century, used to grace the sidewalk in front of the tobacconist’s store. While they advertised a product, as actual Native Americans, they were nothing but blank fakes. They certainly weren’t the real thing – and in 2021, there’s nothing real about Biden.

You can still find lots of these “cigar store Indians” for sale online, many of them new, so I guess they haven’t yet been canceled. They operated as a reminder to customers, many of whom used to be illiterate, that tobacco originated with the Native Americans. The product was so alien to Europeans that, when Native Americans first gave it to them as a gift, they threw it away as they didn’t know what to do with it.

We’ve taken quite the journey when it comes to tobacco over the last couple of centuries, but we’re just starting the journey with our newest cigar store Indian. Why do I say that? Because that’s what our President reminded me of on Thursday. Animated? Not really! Expressive? Hardly! Wooden would be the better descriptor.

We Americans haven’t yet figured out what to do with Biden. Do we treat him as we would a cherished, but mentally dimming, granddad? Do we empathetically excuse his lack of grasp of the basics of his job? Do we ignore his lack of engagement? Do we start making noise about trotting out the doctors and getting him examined?

More: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/03/biden_the_cigar_store_indian_of_the_white_house.html

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Re: Biden, the cigar store Indian of the White House
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 04:52:19 pm »
So we can start calling him President Kalijah?

But we treat him will all the respect someone who stole an election deserves....even less than what the enemy gave Trump and Reagan.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 04:53:25 pm by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.