Author Topic: Second shot of COVID-19 vaccine may not be necessary in previously infected individuals: study  (Read 492 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Second shot of COVID-19 vaccine may not be necessary in previously infected individuals: study

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-03-shot-covid-vaccine-previously-infected.html

A single shot of one of the currently authorized COVID-19 vaccines may be sufficient to provide immunity to individuals who have previously been infected by the virus, thus eliminating the need for a second dose and helping to stretch severely limited vaccine supplies, a study from Mount Sinai has found. Such a change in public health policy could also spare these individuals the unnecessary side effects of a second dose of vaccine, which researchers found to be significantly greater in individuals with pre-existing immunity to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. A letter to the editor was published today in the New England Journal of Medicine detailing the study.

"We showed that the antibody response to the first vaccine dose in people with pre-existing immunity is equal to or even exceeds the response in uninfected people after the second dose," says co-author Viviana Simon, MD, Ph.D., Professor in the Departments of Microbiology and Medicine (Infectious Diseases) in the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. "For that reason, we believe that a single dose of vaccine is sufficient for people who have already been infected by SARS-CoV-2 to reach immunity."
In their study of 109 individuals with and without previous SARS-CoV-2 immunity, Mount Sinai researchers, led by Dr. Simon and co-author Florian Krammer, Ph.D., Professor of Vaccinology in the Department of Microbiology, found that the former group developed antibodies within days of the first dose of vaccine at a rate 10 to 20 times higher than those who were uninfected, and at a more than tenfold rate after the second dose.

The question this study did not address is whether vaccination is needed at all by those who have immunity due to having recovered.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Hoodat

Second shot of COVID-19 vaccine may not be necessary in previously infected individuals: study

Nor is the first shot.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I had the Moderna 2nd shot yesterday afternoon..I can barely lift my arm, was up all night with stomach cramps and diarrhea..my whole body aches...even my fingers.

I was perfectly fine up until the shot..

A nurse at my dermatologist warned m a couple of weeks ago,she had a similar experience with her 2nd shot...of course I didn't listen.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 08:25:25 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Why the hell should anyone with antibodies have to be vaccinated at all? This is getting crazy.

Online Hoodat

I had the Moderna 2nd shot yesterday afternoon..I can barely lift my arm, was up all night with stomach cramps and diarrhea..my whole body aches...even my fingers.

A nurse at my dermatologist warned m a couple of weeks ago,she had a similar experience with her 2nd shot...of course I didn't listen.

I have several friends who work at the CDC.  Not a single one of them is getting the vaccine.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

What difference would it have made had you listened to her or not.

The 2nd dose is REQUIRED BY LAW in order to claim being fully vaccinated.  They even gave you an index card with dates and certification by initials of the nurse who injects you.

I'm not looking forward to it...that's for sure.  Getting the 2nd one on April 8th.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

What difference would it have made had you listened to her or not.

The 2nd dose is REQUIRED BY LAW in order to claim being fully vaccinated.  They even gave you an index card with dates and certification by initials of the nurse who injects you.

I'm not looking forward to it...that's for sure.  Getting the 2nd one on April 8th.
My elderly aunt had a pretty bad reaction to her shot - the next day she was completely non responsive with dilated pupils. Something akin to Diabetic shock. After a day in ER she couldn't remember a thing.

Online mountaineer

A lady from church - who already recovered from a bout of Covid, so I don't know why the doctor had her get the vaccine - had a similar experience after her 2nd shot. She had to spend the whole day in bed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The nurse I mentioned above spent 3 days in bed and lost 3 days of work...she ofcourse had to get the shot since working in a doctors office..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34