Author Topic: Texas AG Vows to Fight Democrats’ Federal Takeover of Elections  (Read 279 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by Erin Anderson March 11, 2021

“Should it become law, I will use every possible resource to protect our elections, state sovereignty, and the rights of all Texans.”

Texas is vowing to fight a federal takeover of state elections being pushed by Democrats in a massive anti-election integrity bill now moving through Congress. The bill would seize power from state legislatures to set their own election laws and lock in voting rules that created chaos in 2020.

H.R. 1—a top Democrat priority that seeks to transform how American elections are run by mandating a left-wing wish list of lax voting processes—passed the U.S. House on March 3, with all Republicans and one Democrat voting no.

“As a matter of election administration policy, it is difficult to imagine a legislative proposal more threatening to election integrity and voter confidence,” Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton and 19 other Republican state attorneys general said in a letter to U.S. House and Senate leaders following the bill’s passage.

The state officials also say H.R. 1—labeled by Democrats as the For the People Act of 2021—includes “several Constitutional deficiencies and alarming mandates that, if passed, would federalize state elections and impose burdensome costs and regulations on state and local officials.”

“Congress is not acting as a check, but is instead overreaching by seizing the role of principal election regulator,” the letter adds.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/federal/texas-ag-vows-to-fight-democrats-federal-takeover-of-elections/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Here's one way, Paxton:

Jump on the Texas Secession bandwagon.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GrouchoTex

I think this is going to be struck down anyway.
What is proposed is unconstitutional, but with the current Supreme Court, who knows?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
tx wrote:
"I think this is going to be struck down anyway.
What is proposed is unconstitutional, but with the current Supreme Court, who knows?"

"No standing."

Texas, as large a state as it may be, will NOT be able to resist the federal/communists on its own.

For any such resistance to gain traction it will require a united group of several states, acting under a common leadership.

This is why I no longer believe an Article V "convention of the states" could have meaningful impact -- as it can only propose amendments to a Constitution that the communists coming to control in the federal government will simply ignore anyway.

Instead, I propose a "New Continental Congress", made up of delegates from interested states, coming together independently of the federal government. No "Constitutional authority" (which the feds/communists would NEVER grant) is needed for such a gathering, any more than the first Continental Congress required any sanction from King George.

Let the delegates meet, assess the issues, and come to a resolve as to "what must be done"...

« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 11:49:45 pm by Fishrrman »