Author Topic: Senate Republicans Are Failing Us... Big Time  (Read 151 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Republicans Are Failing Us... Big Time
« on: March 11, 2021, 11:38:57 pm »
Senate Republicans Are Failing Us... Big Time
By Matt Margolis Mar 10, 2021 4:58 PM ET

The Democratic Party stood virtually united “resisting” Trump for four years. Their stalwart opposition was ruthless and unwavering. It had been my hope that if there was any lasting legacy of Trump in the Republican Party it would be that he taught them not just to not walk away from a fight but to actually fight back.

Yet again, I find myself disappointed.

On Wednesday the Senate confirmed racial conspiracy theorist Marcia Fudge as HUD secretary, and Merrick Garland as attorney general.

Fudge was confirmed 66-34, and Garland 70-30.

How did Fudge get sixteen Republicans to vote for her confirmation? And How did Garland get twenty?

Rest assured, I’m not calling for blanket opposition to Biden’s nominees. That is not a good strategy. But fighting the nominations of exceptionally bad nominees should be an easy thing for the GOP to unify and rally behind. Yet they’re not.

Let’s review the case against Garland.

more
https://pjmedia.com/columns/matt-margolis/2021/03/10/senate-republicans-are-failing-us-big-time-n1431593
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Senate Republicans Are Failing Us... Big Time
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 11:44:11 pm »
Face it - most of the republican party just doesn't believe what we believe. They say what they say to get elected.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 11:47:28 pm »
All boils down to the point (double standard) that the media paints the GOP as obstructionist, while the sleazy  dims get a pass when they are in minority role.

Republican GOP lawmakers need to give them all the middle finger, and 100% focus on throwing roadblocks full fledged into the Biden agenda.  Just don't give a shit about how the media makes them out.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 11:48:40 pm »
Face it - most of the republican party just doesn't believe what we believe. They say what they say to get elected.

Agreed.  There are maybe only 5 GOP senators who put the country's interest above their own.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 12:13:17 am »

Political conservatives suffer a natural disadvantage as compared with liberals and Progressives: they believe in government as the font of human rights and progress and they believe in it as a proper and natural vocation. They believe in expansive Government, not merely as a means of providing a legal framework for the exercise of personal rights and responsibilities, and the prevention of force and fraud, but rather as a means of driving a process of social and economic transformation. 

Conservatives believe that human rights come from God or our nature, that progress is best achieved by voluntary human action and cooperation, and that participation in government is not a vocation, but a service and a duty apart from one's true livelihood. In this traditional view, Government derives its power only from the informed consent of the governed, and such power must be limited and appropriate to a narrowly defined set of purposes.

The Republican Party in America has become a natural home to those of conservative temperament, but its leaders frequently diverge from those who elect them because, more often than not, they share the Liberal affinity for the exercise of political power as a primary vocation, and are equally desirous of its perquisites and sometimes also, of its transformative means and ends. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn