Author Topic: Time for Rush Limbaugh's show to look toward the future again  (Read 422 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
March 11, 2021
Time for Rush Limbaugh's show to look toward the future again
By Leann Horrocks

I loved the Rush Limbaugh show.  I have been listening to it for years and have always been comforted by his ever-increasing audience.  It showed that conservative ideas work.  The show serves a purpose — a purpose that we need fulfilled more now than ever.  Unfortunately, it is not serving that purpose fully now.  Rather than building on his legacy, we are wallowing in the sadness of his loss.

The guest hosts are very good — especially Mark Steyn — but the show is deteriorating into a daily homage to Rush.  Any tangential relationship with current subject matter is immediately met with a lengthy clip of Rush, showing how right he was.  We know that — he told us every day.

The hosts are effusive in their constant praise.  It seems they are in dread fear of anyone thinking they presume to be his equal.  No one is, no one is trying to be, and no one ever will be.  Rush would be the first to say this. 

The problem is that the show is getting a little maudlin.  Not good.  More than not good.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/03/time_for_rush_limbaughs_show_to_look_toward_the_future_again.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Time for Rush Limbaugh's show to look toward the future again
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 02:30:14 pm »
There is no more Rush Limbaugh show.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 02:33:01 pm »
I don't know who's idea it was to run 'The Best Of' shows. That network needs to move ahead.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 02:52:08 pm »
I don't know who's idea it was to run 'The Best Of' shows. That network needs to move ahead.

I think doing that for a week or two was fine but agree fully that it is now time to move on.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 03:11:06 pm »
I think doing that for a week or two was fine but agree fully that it is now time to move on.

I turned it off...will listen again when they decide on a permanent host.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 03:14:43 pm »
Its depressing. As the article points out, that isn't who Rush was.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 04:49:26 pm »
Yes, the wife and I were both huge fans, but they've got to put someone in that slot and let the chips fall where they may.
One week of Rush memorials is fine. Three months is ridiculous.
Everybody's time eventually comes. Time to move on.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2021, 05:48:59 pm »
Yup.  They need to close the show and assign the slot to a new personality that is his own personality.   People who want to listen to old Rush programs can hear them on the internet.   Talk radio is about the present, the issues of the day.  The show cannot be a permanent Tribute to the Greatest and expect to either survive or serve it's audience.

We have a Usurper, a fake president installed by an illegal coup, who is senile in a way not seen ever, not even Wilson's bout with the Great Influenza was as bad.   

I'm expecting that if it gets too bad they're going to infect him with the Chinese Virus, or claim he was infected, and off he'll be shuffled into Cuomo Care.

Then there's the other related issues that need attention, the resumed Invasion, the kowtowing to China, the bowing to Saudi Arabia, the lost jobs everywhere, the active Racism of the Rodents, something not seen by this country since we watch the death of Weimar Republic, the trillions going to waste, the closed schools, and on and on and so damnably predictably on and on.

Rush was a fighter.   Time for his show to stop crying and start fighting again.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2021, 11:57:09 pm »
Rush knew he was soon to shuffle of the mortal coil.  He should have created a format for his show after his demise that involved a rotation of his best guest hosts (Mark Steyn should have had an average of a day or two a week if he was willing) and a way for those in the roster to pick others.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2021, 12:05:08 am »
What the hell y'all talkin bout, Willis?   Hearing Rush's wisdom and it being applied to today's news/events only makes me prouder that I was an avid listener for THREE decades.

Rush explained the complex issue(s) and made them simple to understand.

It's a terrific format that can go on for years.

The 4 man rotation of guest hosts works too!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2021, 12:07:57 am »
Rush is not "replaceable". He was truly one-of-a-kind.

They're gonna have to break up that time slot into at least two pieces.
And don't expect anyone to emerge to fill Mr. Limbaugh's shoes anytime soon.
If ever.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2021, 01:33:18 am »

If ever.
Limbaugh was without a doubt the Babe Ruth of talk radio. Nothing like him existed before or exists now. 
However, the person who benefited most from having his program right behind Limbaugh's, Sean Hannity, is not Lou Gehrig. He does not have one tenth of Limbaugh's appeal. And he's admitted that.
However, maybe a Joe DiMaggio is waiting out there for his chance.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2021, 01:06:47 pm »

If ever.

I hope this isn't too soon to confess, but there were quite a few times through the last five or more years when I was a little relieved Rush was off or on vacation .... I enjoyed the "fill-ins".  I thought Rush had grown a little repetitive and the fill-ins pumped some fresh air into the studio. 

Be that as it may, it is time for some online auditions, and energy,  before the audience drifts away. 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2021, 02:24:17 pm »
Mark Steyn may be the only one of Rush's guest hosts I could stand to listen to on a regular basis, but he may not be interested in that sort of a commitment.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2021, 07:05:27 pm »
Mark Steyn may be the only one of Rush's guest hosts I could stand to listen to on a regular basis, but he may not be interested in that sort of a commitment.
Ditto

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2021, 02:42:36 pm »
It's a stop-gap for until May.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024