Author Topic: How safe are the COVID vaccines?  (Read 11733 times)

Online Polly Ticks

Re: How safe are the COVID vaccines?
« Reply #150 on: April 13, 2021, 01:09:13 pm »
Polly are you LDS? No issue, just helps me understand a person. article 12.  (11?)

@LegalAmerican
Nope.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #151 on: April 13, 2021, 01:09:54 pm »
I highly doubt you have "friends at the CDC" who would even be allowed to refuse.

They are not medical workers.  They are just like any other federal workers.  Do you really think federal workers at the Dept of Energy or Dept of Commerce have been forced to take the vaccine?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #152 on: April 13, 2021, 01:52:01 pm »
I highly doubt you have "friends at the CDC" who would even be allowed to refuse.

In my first job out of college in the late '70's, one of my duties in the State Dept. of Health was epidemiological collection and reporting for a 6 county area.  I dealt with the CDC by phone and letter once a month on a routine basis.

Some of those guys there were pencil D__ke'd bureacratic dipshits, who didn't have the common sense to get out the rain.  Don't give CDC that much credit.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

« Reply #153 on: April 13, 2021, 01:59:07 pm »
My wife got her second Pfizer vaccine shot yesterday.  Mild headache this morning.  Perhaps even less effect than I had.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #154 on: April 13, 2021, 03:04:10 pm »
In my first job out of college in the late '70's, one of my duties in the State Dept. of Health was epidemiological collection and reporting for a 6 county area.  I dealt with the CDC by phone and letter once a month on a routine basis.

Some of those guys there were pencil D__ke'd bureacratic dipshits, who didn't have the common sense to get out the rain.  Don't give CDC that much credit.

There are substantially more desk jobs there than lab jobs.  CDC is a bureaucracy just like everything else government touches.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #155 on: April 13, 2021, 05:40:54 pm »
My wife got her second Pfizer vaccine shot yesterday.  Mild headache this morning.  Perhaps even less effect than I had.

My older daughter received her second Moderna last Friday. She hibernated for about 24 hours but has been fine since. The reactions to the two mRNA vaccines seem to be all over the map, from mildly sore arms to a day or two of fever and aches.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #156 on: April 13, 2021, 05:42:59 pm »
There are substantially more desk jobs there than lab jobs.  CDC is a bureaucracy just like everything else government touches.

:thumbsup:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #157 on: April 13, 2021, 05:56:31 pm »
The State with the lowest vaccine rate - Utah - has a fatality rate of 0.553% among known cases, second only to Alaska.  Clearly, Utah is doing something right when it comes to treating this disease.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #158 on: April 13, 2021, 06:03:29 pm »
The State with the lowest vaccine rate - Utah - has a fatality rate of 0.553% among known cases, second only to Alaska.  Clearly, Utah is doing something right when it comes to treating this disease.

One things for certain, we seem to know how to deal with this thing a lot better.  According to Hopkins site, we have had <500 deaths per day for the past two days nationwide.  Haven't seen numbers like that since the beginning of the pandemic.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2021, 07:35:24 pm »
I don't know what that means.

He asked the question,  I answered and that was the entire covid discussion. I have to get a covid test in a couple of weeks because of upcoming surgery, but I hope that's the extent of my covid experience.

You are very lucky that your PCP took that stance. I had to go to the "semi-annual come in or you don't get your meds" visit last week. My new PCP asked about the Vid Vaccine and when I said I hadn't had it...wanted to know why. So I told her my concerns about the lack of testing and she came up with a song and dance about how vaccines were safe after 3 months of testing.. IMHO someone needs to give her a better script. happy77 This Doc is pretty young and I may change.

As of today, I'm not going to do the vaccine. That doesn't mean I  won't change my mind at some later date since I think we will be dealing with this virus for a long time.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #160 on: April 13, 2021, 07:43:18 pm »
You are very lucky that your PCP took that stance. I had to go to the "semi-annual come in or you don't get your meds" visit last week. My new PCP asked about the Vid Vaccine and when I said I hadn't had it...wanted to know why. So I told her my concerns about the lack of testing and she came up with a song and dance about how vaccines were safe after 3 months of testing.. IMHO someone needs to give her a better script. happy77 This Doc is pretty young and I may change.

As of today, I'm not going to do the vaccine. That doesn't mean I  won't change my mind at some later date since I think we will be dealing with this virus for a long time.

Try finding a pediatrician who will take in your child as a patient yet allow you to refuse vaccinations.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline berdie

« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2021, 08:34:43 pm »
Try finding a pediatrician who will take in your child as a patient yet allow you to refuse vaccinations.

I thought the anti-vaxxers had pretty well squelched that...but I don't know.

At any rate...my new PCP can "fire" me if she likes, lol.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #162 on: April 13, 2021, 09:11:16 pm »

I thought the anti-vaxxers had pretty well squelched that...but I don't know.

At any rate...my new PCP can "fire" me if she likes, lol.

Parents can't enroll their child in school unless they have proof of vaccinations.  Will the schools also require them to have a COVID vaccine now?

I hope not.  After hearing a few first hand stories of people who had some definite problems with the vaccine and watching the video post above, I am absolutely against the vaccine.

At first the CDC and WHO proclaimed that your youth were pretty much immune to COVID or their risks was next to none and now they are having kids get the vaccine?  What's wrong with this picture?

People need to take a step back and think about what's going on. How can anyone trust what Fauci recommends, or the WHO or CDC? 

This was more than likely a lab created virus and I believe it was purposefully released.  Who knows the real reason why. All we do know is a lot of people have died and are going to continue to die whether or not they've received the vaccine.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #163 on: April 13, 2021, 09:18:20 pm »

That is good to hear.  For now everything is good. In watching the video posted up thread and hearing warnings from a couple of people in the medical field; the concerns now are the potential long term lasting effects.

Obviously everyone needs to make their own decision regarding getting the vaccine .  Sure talk to your doctor, but I think most doctors are going to side with what they've been told by the medical community.

Time will tell of course.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2021, 09:37:58 am »
I just got a note from Amazon that Michael Lewis has a book coming out on May 4 about the pandemic and how the vaccine was created, among other things.

Reserving it from the library. Dang fine author, would love to see his spin on this subject.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #165 on: April 14, 2021, 12:58:14 pm »
Parents can't enroll their child in school unless they have proof of vaccinations. 

In Georgia, we have a religious exception to that (which I use for my son).  Not sure how that works at the college level though.  I remember having to get an MMR booster and a TB test as an adult before attending college here.  But that was before my son was diagnosed, so I wasn't looking for an exemption at the time.

It is ludicrous to mandate SARS-2 vaccines for children.  There is no benefit to be gained for them.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #166 on: April 14, 2021, 02:00:12 pm »
It's ludicrous to mandate any flu vaccine. I have no problem with smallpox, polio, etc vaccines.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 07:44:00 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Idiot

« Reply #167 on: April 14, 2021, 05:40:30 pm »
It's ludicrous to mandate any flu vaccine. I have problem with smallpox, polio, etc vaccines.
For those who think they are bullet proof....  Just talked to a friend....one of his good friends in his 60's just died of COVID.  Didn't feel well so waited a day to go to the Dr. who immediately put him in the hospital.  From there he was flown to New Orleans and put on a heart lung machine where he died 2 days later.  Former LSU football player in good shape.  Since he was 64 his number hadn't come up yet for the vaccine....so he waited.  Dang....so sad.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #168 on: April 14, 2021, 07:44:43 pm »
I had to edit my post, due to a typo. I have no problem with certain vaccines. Others, like those for Covid, I do not believe are necessary.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #169 on: April 14, 2021, 07:46:30 pm »
For those who think they are bullet proof....  Just talked to a friend....one of his good friends in his 60's just died of COVID.  Didn't feel well so waited a day to go to the Dr. who immediately put him in the hospital.  From there he was flown to New Orleans and put on a heart lung machine where he died 2 days later.  Former LSU football player in good shape.  Since he was 64 his number hadn't come up yet for the vaccine....so he waited.  Dang....so sad.
That certainly is unfortunate, and I'm sorry. So far, we have yet to hear that the Covid vaccines actually prevent anyone from getting the virus, though, so we can't even say whether it might  have helped your friend's friend. What the heck good are they?

Offline thackney

« Reply #170 on: April 14, 2021, 07:58:04 pm »
That certainly is unfortunate, and I'm sorry. So far, we have yet to hear that the Covid vaccines actually prevent anyone from getting the virus, though, so we can't even say whether it might  have helped your friend's friend. What the heck good are they?

What does 95% effective mean?

It does not prevent EVERYONE from getting the virus, that is the 5% ineffective.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline libertybele

« Reply #171 on: April 14, 2021, 08:00:07 pm »

From my understanding, if you get the COVID vaccine, should you contract COVID it will prevent you from dying from it.  I haven't heard anything definitive that the vaccine will prevent you from getting COVID, nor is there any concrete proof that it will prevent the transmission.

Similar to getting the flu vaccine, should you contract the flu the symptoms will be milder.  It is recommended that every year you get a flu vaccine, but as you probably already know that vaccine is a vaccine for what strain they think will be prevalent that year. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #172 on: April 14, 2021, 08:02:23 pm »
What does 95% effective mean?

It does not prevent EVERYONE from getting the virus, that is the 5% ineffective.

Lots of different stats floating around out there.  What to truly believe?  The only thing that I am absolutely certain of is that you cannot trust the CDC, the WHO nor the supposed expert; Fauci.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #173 on: April 14, 2021, 08:11:02 pm »
I had to edit my post, due to a typo. I have no problem with certain vaccines. Others, like those for Covid, I do not believe are necessary.

For you or for anyone @mountaineer ?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #174 on: April 14, 2021, 08:12:25 pm »
For you or for anyone @mountaineer ?
Not necessary for me. I don't presume to tell other people which medical decisions they must make.