Author Topic: Kamala Harris, Aaron Burr, and the Art of Political Shapeshifting.  (Read 127 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kamala Harris, Aaron Burr, and the Art of Political Shapeshifting.

Why an eventual Harris presidency may not be as bad as it seems…

By
Anthony Schwartz

on
March 6, 2021

Eyebrows have been raised as Vice-President Kamala Harris appears to be taking a more active role than is customary in the public administration of foreign policy. In addition to conducting solo calls with the presidents and prime ministers of other countries, she also seems to be spearheading the conversation on the return of kids to school—arguably the most critical domestic issue the country now faces.

Her involvement in such matters alone is not outlandish. The vice-presidency has taken many forms over the years. The earliest renditions weren’t even considered to be part of the president’s cabinet. In the late 1700’s, then Vice President John Adams almost never attended cabinet meetings, and had negligible influence with George Washington as compared to the Secretary of the Treasury or even the Postmaster General. Modern-day VP’s have at times wielded considerable power, albeit usually more behind the scenes, such as Dick Cheney with foreign policy or pertaining to a special project like Mike Pence with the Coronavirus Task Force.

Although the role of the vice president clearly is not set in stone, Harris’s near-immediate communication with top foreign leaders is concerning. It is not a concern over her qualifications, but the unconventional nature of her presidential-level involvement, and the speed in which it has occured. Only a couple months into President Biden’s term, we are reminded of him referring to himself on the campaign trail as merely a “transition candidate,” as he did during an April 2020 fundraising event. Before the election, his own advisors viewed a single term as his likely course of action. An August 2020 national poll indicated that the majority of likely voters did not think Biden would finish his term.

more
https://humanevents.com/2021/03/06/kamala-harris-aaron-burr-and-the-art-of-political-shapeshifting/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Kamala Harris, Aaron Burr, and the Art of Political Shapeshifting.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 06:55:10 pm »
Kamala Harris is absolutely not constitutionally qualified for the office she holds and will never be My VP or president.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 11:38:17 pm »
Bigun wrote:
"Kamala Harris is absolutely not constitutionally qualified for the office she holds and will never be My VP or president"

I'm wonderin' if that's why nasty nancy picked her.

Because when the time comes to remove ol' joe, nancy may raise the issue that kamala sutra isn't qualified to be president under the natural-born citizen provisions of the Constitution.

And if nancy can make that stick... who becomes "the next in line" for the job...?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 11:46:48 pm »
Bigun wrote:
"Kamala Harris is absolutely not constitutionally qualified for the office she holds and will never be My VP or president"

I'm wonderin' if that's why nasty nancy picked her.

Because when the time comes to remove ol' joe, nancy may raise the issue that kamala sutra isn't qualified to be president under the natural-born citizen provisions of the Constitution.

And if nancy can make that stick... who becomes "the next in line" for the job...?

I have expressed that exact same thing in the past @Fishrrman
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien