Author Topic: Former Shell Oil president: Biden's policies are responsible for skyrocketing gas prices  (Read 326 times)

rangerrebew

Former Shell Oil president: Biden's policies are responsible for skyrocketing gas prices
News

'As long as we see this hostile administration, we're going to have a problem with prices'
Chris Enloe
March 08, 2021

Former Shell Oil President John Hofmeister said last week that President Joe Biden's climate policies are responsible for soaring gas prices.

Former President Donald Trump predicted that Biden's policies would force gas prices to increase because they target domestic oil production. Biden, instead, has said he will prioritize renewable energy and calls the far-left Green New Deal "a crucial framework for meeting the climate challenges we face."
What are the details?

Considering that OPEC has raised oil production, one may expect worldwide oil prices to drop.

But Hofmeister told Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo that Biden's climate policies are offsetting the effects of the global oil market because they hamper domestic energy production.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/former-oil-exec-biden-policies-skyrocketing-gas-prices?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I just made a wager today for a very expensive dinner come January 1.  I bet gas prices will be over $3.50 per gallon average price in Georgia.  As we deplete stocks we have, with Biden policies, I see gas prices soaring.

What does everyone else think?  What is gas selling for per gallon where everyone is right now?  Here in Georgia where I live, it was $2.46 today.  It was $2.55 just a few days ago.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Around 2.69 in Western Connecticut yesterday.
And that was one of the lowest prices around.
Go south to Long Island Sound, and it's probably up at 3.00 already.

Offline libertybele

Around 2.69 in Western Connecticut yesterday.
And that was one of the lowest prices around.
Go south to Long Island Sound, and it's probably up at 3.00 already.

Around $2.80 here and I filled up 2 weeks ago and it was around $2.35.      9999hair out0000

We were energy independent under President Trump!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

$2.89 in northern Wisconsin as of yesterday.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I just made a wager today for a very expensive dinner come January 1.  I bet gas prices will be over $3.50 per gallon average price in Georgia.  As we deplete stocks we have, with Biden policies, I see gas prices soaring.

What does everyone else think?  What is gas selling for per gallon where everyone is right now?  Here in Georgia where I live, it was $2.46 today.  It was $2.55 just a few days ago.
It was $1.79 here when Biden moved into the White House. In less than two months it is up a dollar a gallon.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

Gee, throttling supply, injecting uncertainty into the marketplace, and government taking an adversarial stance results in higher prices? Who could foresee that?! :sarc:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
And the irony is that gas could go to $10 per gallon, and the Democommies would still vote for these fruit loops!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And the irony is that gas could go to $10 per gallon, and the Democommies would still vote for these fruit loops!
Hey! They don't need gas, they ride the bus!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis