Author Topic: California’s Energy Scorecard Fails On The World Stage – OpEd  (Read 502 times)

rangerrebew

California’s Energy Scorecard Fails On The World Stage – OpEd
September 21, 2020 Ronald Stein 0 Comments

By Ronald Stein

California, with 0.5 percent of the world’s population (40 million vs 8 billion) professes to be the leader of everything and through its dysfunctional energy policies imports more electricity than any other state – currently at 32 percent from the Northwest and Southwest – and has forced California to be the only state in contiguous America thatimports most of its crude oil energy demands from foreign country suppliers to meet the energy demands of the state.

State energy policies have made California electricity and fuel prices among the highest in the nation which have been contributory to the rapid growth of “energy poverty” for the 18 million (45 percent of the 40 million Californians) that represent the Hispanic and African American populations of the state.

Access to electricity is now an afterthought in most parts of the world, so it may come as a surprise to learn that 16 percent of the world’s population — an estimated 1.2 billion people — are still living without this basic necessity. Lack of access to electricity, or “energy poverty”, is the ultimate economic hindrance as it prevents people from participating in the modern economy.

https://www.eurasiareview.com/21092020-californias-energy-scorecard-fails-on-the-world-stage-oped/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Massachusetts will give them a run for their money.  Liberals think electricity comes from hugs and rainbows.

Californians, good luck escaping Gavin Newsom's wildfires in those electric cars you can't charge during blackouts.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline PeteS in CA

State energy policies have made California electricity and fuel prices among the highest in the nation which have been contributory to the rapid growth of “energy poverty” for the 18 million (45 percent of the 40 million Californians) that represent the Hispanic and African American populations of the state.

Ummmmmm, a large percentage (a large majority?) of CA's blacks and Hispanics live in large metro areas like LA, much of Orange County, San Diego, SF, Oakland, San Jose, etc. And rural parts of the state were electrified many decades ago. I don't know who/what "EurasiaReview.com" is, but this claim is laughably false.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

But that's what the vast majority of California voters want - High energy prices and more Hispanics and African Americans impoverished because of those high costs.  They vote for it again and again with every election.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Ummmmmm, a large percentage (a large majority?) of CA's blacks and Hispanics live in large metro areas like LA, much of Orange County, San Diego, SF, Oakland, San Jose, etc. And rural parts of the state were electrified many decades ago. I don't know who/what "EurasiaReview.com" is, but this claim is laughably false.

I believe their point is that with larger fractions of their personal budgets paying for energy costs, their overall standard of living is lower.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I believe their point is that with larger fractions of their personal budgets paying for energy costs, their overall standard of living is lower.
Well that's just bullshiite, lot's of us non pigmented as well as those of ? yellow pigmentation are struggling with high energy costs which I seriously doubt a majority of 'legal' voters in California voted for.