Author Topic: Protesters gather in Minneapolis on eve of George Floyd murder trial  (Read 1078 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Protesters gather in Minneapolis on eve of George Floyd murder trial

By Jorge Fitz-Gibbon

March 7, 2021 | 8:17pm | Updated

People raising their fists hold a banner as they take part in a rally the day before jury selection is scheduled to begin for the trial of former Minneapolis policeman Derek Chauvin in Minneapolis, Minnesota on March 7, 2021. REUTERS/Leah Millis

Hundreds of protesters took to the streets of Minneapolis on Sunday, as tension builds on the eve of ex-cop Derek Chauvin’s trial in the death of George Floyd.

The marchers displayed a white coffin draped with flowers and called for racial justice and a halt to police brutality, one day before jury selection is to begin in the volatile case.

“We have to remember that a man lost his life, a family lost a brother, a family lost a father, they lost a son, they lost an uncle,” Mohamed Ibrahim, deputy director of CAIR-MN, told the Star Tribune.

The march remained peaceful and included the music of Bob Marley, Prince, and Sam Cooke. It followed a prayer by clergy members with Pray for MN, an interfaith group formed after Floyd’s May 25 death that now has 150 member churches.

“Maybe we should take time to reflect on how frequently it happens,” demonstrator Ilyas Wehelie told the Tribune.

Protesters then gathered outside the Hennepin County Government Center, site of the upcoming trial that is due to begin with jury selection on Monday morning, WCCO said in a report.

Chauvin, 44, is charged with second-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter in Floyd’s death. Viral video of the incident shows the ex-cop with his knee on Floyd’s neck for nearly nine minutes while he pleads for air.

more
https://nypost.com/2021/03/07/protesters-gather-in-minneapolis-on-eve-of-derek-chauvin-trial/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

It's railroad-or-riot. This is part of why a change of venue should have happened, preferably to a remote town in MN far from any Interstate or US Highway.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The foot-dragging begins....

George Floyd murder trial delayed for decision on extra charge

The judge overseeing the trial of a former Minneapolis police officer accused of murdering George Floyd delayed the start of jury selection on Monday for at least a day while an appeal proceeds over the possible reinstatement of an additional charge.

Hundreds of protesters rallied outside the courthouse demanding racial justice and the conviction of Derek Chauvin, who is white and was fired and charged with murder after he knelt on Floyd’s neck when the Black man had been forced to the ground during an attempted arrest last May.

Chauvin is charged with second-degree murder and manslaughter but the Minnesota court of appeals ruled last Friday that a previous, lesser charge of third-degree murder should be reinstated in the trial by the judge, Peter Cahill.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/08/george-floyd-trial-delayed-for-decision-on-extra-charge
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
And their chant is "No piece for us, no peace for you".
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It's railroad-or-riot. This is part of why a change of venue should have happened, preferably to a remote town in MN far from any Interstate or US Highway.
Don't worry, Barry's Kids are back so if by some chance justice actually comes out of this trial federal charges will be filed in light speed ala Rodney King.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Bussed in rent-a-mob is big bidness.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

The insanity continues.            **nononono*
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

If ever a case was crying out for a change of venue, this was it (preferably to the northwestern corner of the state, by N. Dakota and Canada).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mortarman

George Floyd = Horst Wessel.

:pop41:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 02:58:58 am by mortarman »
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Slide Rule

Re: Protesters gather in Minneapolis on eve of George Floyd murder trial
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2021, 12:11:22 pm »
Protesters gather.

What a pleasant term to describe what we know about such peaceful gatherers.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2021, 03:07:31 pm »
If ever a case was crying out for a change of venue, this was it (preferably to the northwestern corner of the state, by N. Dakota and Canada).

Even ignoring the riots, the pre-trial demonization of the police officers by local and national MSM should have triggered a change of venue. It was like the 60s USSC ruling(s) about pre-trial publicity got suspended.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2021, 04:25:27 pm »
Meanwhile, the slaughter of blacks killing other blacks in Minneapolis-St. Paul and other large American cities goes unabated. The Twin Cities reached or set records for homicides last year. They're on a pretty good pace this year as well. It's mostly black people murdering other black people. But let's demonize the police.
The wife and I are staying out of the TCs this year and until it gets its house in order. But we're not holding are breaths waiting for that to happen.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2021, 09:11:34 pm »
Situation normal.
Shooting near George Floyd 'autonomous zone' in Minneapolis on the eve of Chauvin trial
Gates and jury-rigged barriers enclose 'George Floyd Square,' an intersection of blocks that serves as a memorial in the neighborhood where Floyd died.
Mar 9, 2021 2:46 AM EST
Ari Hoffman

Gates and jury-rigged barriers enclose 'George Floyd Square,' a four block area from 37th to 39th Streets South and Columbus and Elliott Avenues East, that serves as a memorial in the neighborhood where Floyd died. Now a manhunt is underway in Minneapolis following the fatal shooting of a black man nearby. A BLM activist who calls herself a medic for the 'autonomous zone' told the Washington Times that she heard what sounded like "500 gunshots" Saturday night during her shift.

According to the Times, as of Sunday night, no white people were allowed access to the area by local activists. The description mirrored Seattle’s autonomous zone established last summer. Pedestrians were asked to leave, with activist guards manning the gates. The zone has been plagued by crime since last year.  ...

In the wake of the defunding of the Minneapolis Police Department, crime has spiked exponentially. Many are predicting more violence and destruction at the conclusion of former police officer Derek Chauvin's trial for the death of Floyd. Residents told the Times that many of the violent activists come from out of state. ...
Full story at The Post Millennial

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2021, 10:14:15 pm »
Presumptive title:
"Protesters gather in Minneapolis on eve of George Floyd murder trial"

George Floyd wasn't murdered.
(nothing follows)

Offline LMAO

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2021, 10:46:13 am »
Meanwhile, the slaughter of blacks killing other blacks in Minneapolis-St. Paul and other large American cities goes unabated. The Twin Cities reached or set records for homicides last year. They're on a pretty good pace this year as well. It's mostly black people murdering other black people. But let's demonize the police.
The wife and I are staying out of the TCs this year and until it gets its house in order. But we're not holding are breaths waiting for that to happen.

The wife and I do not step foot anymore in Minneapolis. Just to fly out of the Minneapolis airport to go on a trip and that's it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline verga

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2021, 02:31:45 pm »
Last YEAR less than 30 unarmed African Americans were killed by police. More than that are killed each WEEK by other black men in America in major cities.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2021, 02:50:42 pm »
It could  be worse.

They could have came to America,instead.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2021, 02:54:47 pm »

@goatprairie

Wassa madda yew?

Don't you know you are to NEVER speak the truth in 21st Century 'murika?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2021, 02:59:08 pm »
Last YEAR less than 30 unarmed African Americans were killed by police. More than that are killed each WEEK by other black men in America in major cities.

@verga

Das difrint. It be a cultural event.

Why you gotta be a hater,honkie mofo?

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2021, 03:01:03 pm »
Don't worry. I'm sure they will be "mostly peaceful".

But as always, I wonder how these lovely people arrange to get so much time off from their jobs...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2021, 03:25:55 pm »
The wife and I do not step foot anymore in Minneapolis. Just to fly out of the Minneapolis airport to go on a trip and that's it
I have two step-daughters who live in the TC suburbs. The wife and I will visit them and the grandkids, but we won't go into Minn-St.Paul like we used to on a regular basis.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2021, 03:29:54 pm »
If you read the stories behind many of these "unarmed" blacks who were "killed" by the police most of them were resisting arrest and often trying to obtain the firearm of the officer arresting them. As in the Michael Brown case.
If George Floyd had gotten into the police car instead of resisting, he might still be alive.  Questionable, as Floyd had a dangerous level of fentanyl in his system as well as a bad heart and would probably have croaked in the near future anyway.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2021, 03:33:01 pm »
Don't worry. I'm sure they will be "mostly peaceful".

But as always, I wonder how these lovely people arrange to get so much time off from their jobs...
I have a lib step-daughter who loses her cookies if you suggest George Soros is funding the great majority of these losers.  I would also bet many of them are trust fund babies who need some reason to fill their otherwise worthless, empty lives with some serious virtue signaling. And a little violent rioting too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2021, 03:48:37 pm »
How long before the name of the city is formally changed to Mogadishu North?