Author Topic: In a bold taunt, Saudis warn America’s frackers: ‘Drill, baby, drill is gone forever’  (Read 967 times)

Offline thackney

In a bold taunt, Saudis warn America’s frackers: ‘Drill, baby, drill is gone forever’
https://fortune.com/2021/03/05/saudis-americas-frackers-drill-gone-forever/
March 5, 2021

Saudi Arabia just made a high-stakes wager that the glory days of U.S. shale, which transformed the global energy map in the last decade, are never coming back.

By keeping a tight grip on supply at Thursday’s meeting of the OPEC+ alliance of oil producers, Saudi Energy Minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman showed he’s focused on boosting prices -- and confident that this time around it won’t encourage American producers to surge back and steal market share.

“‘Drill, baby, drill’ is gone for ever,” said Prince Abdulaziz, who’s orchestrated the revival of the oil market after last year’s catastrophic collapse.

His swagger comes mixed with a good dose of diplomatic tension: Russia, Saudi Arabia’s most important OPEC+ partner, has tried to convince Riyadh for several months to increase output, fearing that rising oil prices would ultimately awaken rival shale producers. The Saudis are certain the American industry has reformed itself....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Nothing is further from the truth.

Saudi Arabia can do nothing about the resources that still underlie our country.

They have not gone anywhere and will remain until they are tapped.  The genie is out of the shale bottle and cannot be stopped back up.

The companies might change that tap them, but they will indeed be tapped, all in due time.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We have wells shut in that can bring on a half million or more BOPD as soon as the market is right. (As soon as the idiots in DC drive speculation in the futures market).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Joe contemplates:
"We have wells shut in that can bring on a half million or more BOPD as soon as the market is right. (As soon as the idiots in DC drive speculation in the futures market)."

Sounds good... unless the communists in DC prevent them from starting up again.
Don't rule out that possibility.
The leftists and greenunists are just gettin' started on their "war on energy".

Did you see the news piece today, as how the state of Oregon may ban the sale of diesel fuel as soon as 2018...?

Offline thackney

Did you see the news piece today, as how the state of Oregon may ban the sale of diesel fuel as soon as 2018...?

That soon???
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Prices could also increase if the Iranians and Houthi's continue their attacks on Saudi oil infrastructure and wells.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

Joe contemplates:
"We have wells shut in that can bring on a half million or more BOPD as soon as the market is right. (As soon as the idiots in DC drive speculation in the futures market)."

No, but I hope they can grow all they need. Because no one is going to risk having their truck or train run dry there.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

No, but I hope they can grow all they need. Because no one is going to risk having their truck or train run dry there.
Reminds me to ask:  Are you back in the game @Smokin Joe ?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Joe Wooten

Joe contemplates:

All they are really doing here is setting the stage for a thriving black market for diesel and getting NO tax money on it.

Offline Smokin Joe

Reminds me to ask:  Are you back in the game @Smokin Joe ?
Not just yet. Have feelers indicating some time in the next 60 days...

C S Lewis

Not just yet. Have feelers indicating some time in the next 60 days...
:crossed:

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Maybe the Saudis never heard it...

Pride cometh before the fall.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Just love it when one dimensional economies like Saudi Arabia start getting cocky, and think they truly  figured out the dynamics of markets  and demand.

And honestly from an industry impact perspective...  I am more concerned with the western envirowhackos than any Rag Headed O-pecker.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.