Author Topic: And Then They Came to Cancel Pepe Le Pew  (Read 270 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
And Then They Came to Cancel Pepe Le Pew
« on: March 07, 2021, 05:29:33 pm »
And Then They Came to Cancel Pepe Le Pew
By Bryan Preston Mar 06, 2021 4:39 PM ET

It should be clear now that the New York Times is waging culture war against everything and seeks to impose Year Zero. Its latest attack focuses on cartoon skunk Pepe Le Pew. Apparently, the amorous French skunk perpetuates rape culture.

On the heels of Dr. Seuss being muzzled for racist depictions in a few books, another beloved childhood memory is also being called problematic … one Pepe Le Pew.

The Looney Tunes character fell into the crosshairs of NYT columnist Charles M. Blow — who wrote an op-ed titled “Six Seuss Books Bore a Bias” … where he argued racism is deeply embedded into American culture (especially pop culture) and fed to kids at a young age.

Blow singled out a couple of cartoons and characters — Speedy Gonzales and the maid character in Tom & Jerry — and then trained fire on Le Pew. Blow “threw in Pepe as well as another ‘toon that telegraphed the wrong message … saying the French skunk normalized and perpetuated rape culture. Of course, a lot of people had very different reactions — some agreeing, and others lambasting Blow for suggesting a drawing could sway real-life behavior.”

more
https://pjmedia.com/culture/bryan-preston/2021/03/06/and-then-they-came-to-cancel-pepe-le-pew-n1430534
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online andy58-in-nh

Re: And Then They Came to Cancel Pepe Le Pew
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 05:34:45 pm »
Few persons in this world are more aptly named than Charles Blow.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 05:40:52 pm »
Does anyone recall Speedy Gonzales or the Frito Bandito?

I guess I’m officially a boomer.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 05:44:35 pm »
I watched Roadrunner cartoons and never had a hankering for rocket roller skates.

I watched Bugs Bunny cartoons and never shot my shotguns willy-nilly Elmer Fudd style.

I watched Speedy Gonzales cartoons and never believed most Mexicans are lazy.

I watched Pepe Le Pew cartoons and never once chased a woman.

Is the current generation of kids less able to discern fact from fiction than I was?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 06:21:13 am »

They tried to use the Frito Bandito as an example of racism in my daughter's 9th (?) grade class and she thought the commercial was hilarious.

And, yeah, they cancelled Speedy almost two decades ago.

And Song of the South is officially verboten. 

And...when was the last time we saw a Bugs Bunny/Warner Brothers cartoon from the War Years?   Those fine patriotic propaganda films are officially banned, too.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2021, 06:25:11 am »

Yes. And a host of other cartoons which have been cancelled.

Time to cancel the NYT.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2021, 06:25:53 am »
I watched Roadrunner cartoons and never had a hankering for rocket roller skates.

I watched Bugs Bunny cartoons and never shot my shotguns willy-nilly Elmer Fudd style.

I watched Speedy Gonzales cartoons and never believed most Mexicans are lazy.

I watched Pepe Le Pew cartoons and never once chased a woman.

Is the current generation of kids less able to discern fact from fiction than I was?

The younger people are being fed lines of fiction on every front, lies promoted as reality, and one of the lies they're being fed is that American culture is inherently racist, and to substantiate this lie they have to publicly and routinely sacrifice some new bit of American culture on their altar of Racism...Gone with the Wind, Bugs Bunny, Dr. Seuss, the Bible, the Constitution, the Founders, the kids parents.

Remember, the Rodents view the fictional cautionary tale "1984" as an instruction manual, not a warning.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2021, 06:29:48 am »
The younger people are being fed lines of fiction on every front, lies promoted as reality, and one of the lies they're being fed is that American culture is inherently racist, and to substantiate this lie they have to publicly and routinely sacrifice some new bit of American culture on their altar of Racism...Gone with the Wind, Bugs Bunny, Dr. Seuss, the Bible, the Constitution, the Founders, the kids parents.

Remember, the Rodents view the fictional cautionary tale "1984" as an instruction manual, not a warning.
Not to mention Fahrenheit 451...Where books were banned (and burned) because they made people sad...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis