Author Topic: GOP dilemma — how to keep Trumpers yet regain anti-Trumpers  (Read 27130 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: GOP dilemma — how to keep Trumpers yet regain anti-Trumpers
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2021, 01:07:18 am »
GOP dilemma — how to keep Trumpers yet regain anti-Trumpers

GOP dilemma — how to put defeating Democrats ahead of settling petty scores against fellow GOP members.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

BassWrangler

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2021, 01:08:34 am »
Funny. Do you not see how contradictory this statement is?

I've learned to not bother discussing politics with those who's perspective is so diametrically opposite my own. there's absolutely no common ground, its a total waste of time. Suffice it to say I do not see the past four years the way you do.

It's not contradictory at all. Results matter, not talk and not intentions. I credit Trump with good intentions. His results sucked.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2021, 01:12:17 am »
It's not contradictory at all. Results matter, not talk and not intentions. I credit Trump with good intentions. His results sucked.

I notice you do not credit Trump as the GOP nearly won back the House against all predictions, yet you blame him, presumably, for the fraudulent 2020 election, as well as blame him for Biden's clearly unconstitutional EOs which are focused solely on undoing his accomplishments.

This is not rational.

BassWrangler

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2021, 01:12:57 am »
I notice you do not credit Trump as the GOP nearly won back the House against all predictions, yet you blame him, presumably, for the fraudulent 2020 election, as well as blame him for Biden's clearly unconstitutional EOs.

This is not rational.

Straw man arguments. Try again.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2021, 01:12:59 am »
The way things stand, there's no way that the GOP is going to win future seats --

Especially after they just let the Democrats set aside $1.9 trillion of taxpayer money earmarked for winning elections in 2024 and 2028.  They could have prevented it, but they decided it was more important to enjoy a weekend at their DC residences instead of fighting for their own political survival.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2021, 01:14:31 am »
Straw man arguments. Try again.
Lol. As I said, I shouldn't bother.

BassWrangler

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2021, 01:14:49 am »
Especially after they just let the Democrats set aside $1.9 trillion of taxpayer money earmarked for winning elections in 2024 and 2028.  They could have prevented it, but they decided it was more important to enjoy a weekend at their DC residences instead of fighting for their own political survival.

We need to focus at the state level. I'm actively trying to find a way to get the heck out of Washington state and to a red state. I think we're approaching a point where things are going to get so bad that a split is possible.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2021, 01:23:39 am »
We need to focus at the state level. I'm actively trying to find a way to get the heck out of Washington state and to a red state. I think we're approaching a point where things are going to get so bad that a split is possible.

I recommend Greater Idaho.

But just grasp the significance of what they just did.  Take just a quarter of it.  $500 billion earmarked to be spent in 2024.  That's $500 billion that will be flowing to teachers' unions, Planned Parenthood, etc., that will end up right back in Democrat campaign chests.  $500 billion.  The GOP can never even approach closing that gap.  Our GOP politicians have resigned themselves to minority status just like they had in the House from 1954 to 1994.  It is their comfort zone.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2021, 01:24:32 am »
Why wasn't the Trump Admin on top of the vote fraud ahead of the election? The fact is, Trump was reactive rather than proactive to literally every problem. And what he did in Georgia, which suppressed GOP voters in the run-off, is simply unforgivable. That one selfish act might by itself be the end of our country.

I commend his sticking with his campaign promises, and his clear love for the country, but in every other way his administration was a complete failure. His only legacy is that he handed the country over to America's enemies.
The only voter suppression that was done in the run off election was done the same way it was done in the presidential election. Elections were stolen.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2021, 01:26:30 am »
You seem to be perfectly fine there in Washington state.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2021, 01:28:40 am »
Why wasn't the Trump Admin on top of the vote fraud ahead of the election? The fact is, Trump was reactive rather than proactive to literally every problem. And what he did in Georgia, which suppressed GOP voters in the run-off, is simply unforgivable. That one selfish act might by itself be the end of our country.

The fact is you don't know what you're talking about @BassWrangler   Both the Trump administration and the RNC filed lawsuit after lawsuit leading up to the election.  I know this because I posted the results for each and every one of them as them were known.  They won some and lost some.  A few ended up in the black hole.  Clearly, both the administration and the RNC wish in hindsight they had focused on five states, but don't make it sound like they didn't try. BTW, a little Congressional fortitude and help would have been good to have, so move your pointer to their direction.

As for Georgia--- you again are just flat out wrong.  The President held two rallies for these loser candidates ..... gave them more airtime to reach more people than they did through the entire campaign.  The thousands and thousands of attendees interrupted the speeches by these two fool candidates to "Fight for Trump!"  The President didn't do this, the people did.  I know this, too, because I posted video after video of the events.  Did the candidates do anything?  No. Did they grab McConnell and tell him: "The Senate HAS to do something or we risk losing the seats"?  No.

And looking further into Georgia, it was McConnell who lost the election.  Not only did this jackass not fight the voter fraud and stand with the voters in Georgia, or insist the Georgia Legislature fix the fraud before the election in January, the unmitigated swamp creature fought the President on a $2,000 stimulus check --- fiercely and in public --- while the Democrats from Biden on down were in GA openly bribing voters of all stripes with a $2,000 check --- which many believed would happen.  Can you guess by now how I know this?

Get the damn facts straight before you go pointing an accusatory finger or you may look up and see a different finger pointing back at you.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 01:32:08 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2021, 01:32:15 am »

I think a split is probable. If you can manage to get out of Washington  -- go for it.

FL is retiree and tax friendly. I don't know what FL is going to look like after the '22 elections as the DEMS will try again to turn it blue ... but we have seen an influx of new residents.  I don't know how the job market is, but I would think people must be finding some type of work in order to move down here. A friend of mine sold her mother-in-law's home, without the purchaser even seeing the home  - cash offer (they saw it on-line) and she sold her home with 7 offers.   

Home values right now are climbing as inventory is very low.  They are building like crazy in my area; houses, condos and apartments.   
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2021, 01:35:59 am »
GOP dilemma — how to put defeating Democrats ahead of settling petty scores against fellow GOP members.

@Hoodat
un,huh, You mean like the "petty scores that resulted in the Dims being able to gain control over congress to the point where they could steal the election and have enough power to get away with it?

Minor little things like that?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

BassWrangler

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2021, 01:46:45 am »
I think a split is probable. If you can manage to get out of Washington  -- go for it.

FL is retiree and tax friendly. I don't know what FL is going to look like after the '22 elections as the DEMS will try again to turn it blue ... but we have seen an influx of new residents.  I don't know how the job market is, but I would think people must be finding some type of work in order to move down here. A friend of mine sold her mother-in-law's home, without the purchaser even seeing the home  - cash offer (they saw it on-line) and she sold her home with 7 offers.   

Home values right now are climbing as inventory is very low.  They are building like crazy in my area; houses, condos and apartments.

Florida sounds good to me, but my wife doesn't like it, so Tennessee or South Carolina are more likely. I worked out a deal with my boss where I could work remote, but unfortunately we need to wait for my sons to get into a stable situation on their own. Might be years...

BassWrangler

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2021, 01:48:08 am »
The only voter suppression that was done in the run off election was done the same way it was done in the presidential election. Elections were stolen.

Exit polls showed the GOP turnout was down. That was 100% Trump and Trump acolytes telling people there was no point because of cheating.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2021, 01:54:20 am »
The Common sense thing to dois defeat any Republican so that only democrats have the power, as was just done last election.  so being morons, as bad as this is, keep making the same errors so that only democrats can win, but, but, non-judgmentally.  That's not being pro-democrat, if you're stupid enough to believe that.  As if this isn't bad enough, keep doing it, no conservative is Conservative enough, so be default only democrats can win.
 Another fishing for fools day.
In the 50's grade schoolers could see though this baloney.  Blame it on the dumbing down of public education,eh?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

BassWrangler

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2021, 01:55:44 am »
The fact is you don't know what you're talking about @BassWrangler   Both the Trump administration and the RNC filed lawsuit after lawsuit leading up to the election.  I know this because I posted the results for each and every one of them as them were known.  They won some and lost some.  A few ended up in the black hole.  Clearly, both the administration and the RNC wish in hindsight they had focused on five states, but don't make it sound like they didn't try. BTW, a little Congressional fortitude and help would have been good to have, so move your pointer to their direction.

As for Georgia--- you again are just flat out wrong.  The President held two rallies for these loser candidates ..... gave them more airtime to reach more people than they did through the entire campaign.  The thousands and thousands of attendees interrupted the speeches by these two fool candidates to "Fight for Trump!"  The President didn't do this, the people did.  I know this, too, because I posted video after video of the events.  Did the candidates do anything?  No. Did they grab McConnell and tell him: "The Senate HAS to do something or we risk losing the seats"?  No.

And looking further into Georgia, it was McConnell who lost the election.  Not only did this jackass not fight the voter fraud and stand with the voters in Georgia, or insist the Georgia Legislature fix the fraud before the election in January, the unmitigated swamp creature fought the President on a $2,000 stimulus check --- fiercely and in public --- while the Democrats from Biden on down were in GA openly bribing voters of all stripes with a $2,000 check --- which many believed would happen.  Can you guess by now how I know this?

Get the damn facts straight before you go pointing an accusatory finger or you may look up and see a different finger pointing back at you.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2021, 01:59:32 am »
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

You can have your own opinion, but you cannot have your own facts @BassWrangler  And your facts are (intentionally) effed up.

So, no, we do not have an agreement.

BassWrangler

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2021, 02:00:55 am »
You can have your own opinion, but you cannot have your own facts @BassWrangler  And your facts are (intentionally) effed up.

So, no, we do not have an agreement.

wink777

BassWrangler

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2021, 02:11:40 am »
You seem to be perfectly fine there in Washington state.

Come on, now. I'm as reliable of a conservative as you'll ever meet, and while I wasn't a fan of Trump in the primary, I supported him once he won. But now that he's left office, I think we need to move on as we normally do when a President loses after one term.

But I understand and appreciate that many of you have a deep love for the man, so in the interest of fighting the enemy and not each other, I'll drop it.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2021, 02:14:43 am »
The Common sense thing to dois defeat any Republican so that only democrats have the power, as was just done last election.  so being morons, as bad as this is, keep making the same errors so that only democrats can win, but, but, non-judgmentally.  That's not being pro-democrat, if you're stupid enough to believe that.  As if this isn't bad enough, keep doing it, no conservative is Conservative enough, so be default only democrats can win.
 Another fishing for fools day.
In the 50's grade schoolers could see though this baloney.  Blame it on the dumbing down of public education,eh?

The common sense thing to do is to quit supporting Republicans merely for shiny baubles. or even more, as an hedge against Democrats. They ARE NO HEDGE against Democrats. They have not won a single damn thing in 35 years. Your argument is as asinine as always because Democrats are winning ANYWAY. Your fetid, feckless party is no stop-gap at all.

BassWrangler

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2021, 02:21:58 am »

The common sense thing to do is to quit supporting Republicans merely for shiny baubles. or even more, as an hedge against Democrats. They ARE NO HEDGE against Democrats. They have not won a single damn thing in 35 years. Your argument is as asinine as always because Democrats are winning ANYWAY. Your fetid, feckless party is no stop-gap at all.

I would agree with you that now is a good time to focus on primary-ing RINOs. But I'd like to see that take the form of finding and supporting good alternative candidates instead of driving RINOs even farther towards the Dems by threatening them. Talk softly and carry a big stick versus shoot your mouth off and write checks your butt can't cash.

Offline bilo

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2021, 02:25:00 am »
If someone's still an anti-Trump or Never-Trump ... forget 'em.  They're too deep in the hate quicksand so no amount of trying to pull them free will be successful.

Wish them health and happiness and move on.

:amen:

One element of Trump's transformation of the GOP from a Chamber of Commerce first party to an America First party is he brought in large numbers of new voters. At Trump's rally's they did voter registration drives and a high number of people attending had never voted in their lives. The NT's are like the twitter mobs. They make a lot of noise, but they aren't that large in number.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2021, 02:26:59 am »
Exit polls showed the GOP turnout was down. That was 100% Trump and Trump acolytes telling people there was no point because of cheating.

The President never told GA voters not to vote, directly or indirectly.  The President went to Georgia, twice, encouraging Georgians to vote for the two candidates.  He tore into the Democrat candidates, even using the TrumpTron, and described the power the democrats would have if they controlled the Senate.  He was quite passionate.

At the same time, the PEOPLE of Georgia were begging Republicans in Congress to investigate and expose the fraud and prove the President's rightful victory.  The PEOPLE of Georgia were begging their state legislature to do the same ... AND to fix the avenues for fraud before the January election so their votes would matter and victory would be possible. 

These jackasses did neither.  The State Legislature in Georgia and Republicans in Congress laughed in their faces and lost the state by allowing the fraud from November to continue in January.  But I'd be remiss not to give an honorary hat tip to Mitch McConnell for telling Georgians not only were their votes not important enough to safeguard  --- they also weren't worth $2,000 -- as the President had insisted they were.

Facts @BassWrangler .  They're stubborn and don't change even under the weight of Trump hate.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2021, 02:30:08 am »
I would agree with you that now is a good time to focus on primary-ing RINOs. But I'd like to see that take the form of finding and supporting good alternative candidates instead of driving RINOs even farther towards the Dems by threatening them. Talk softly and carry a big stick versus shoot your mouth off and write checks your butt can't cash.

I am done waiting on Republicans. I was neck deep in TEA, but as usual, Republicans put that fire put.

Time for the rubber to hit the road. Put the hell up or shut the hell up. Show me the damn money.
Done with feckless promises. Done with half-assed movements selling hyphenated conservatism. Done with all of it. If y'all want to actually win, you're gonna have to stand for something. When I see Conservatism - ACTUAL Conservatism rising with fire in its eye, THEN I will hear y'all and come a running. Expecting folks to follow after this lukewarm low-dollar crap... Well it sure as hell don't attract me. and it never will.

Not you of course, @BassWrangler ... I agree with you more than I don't.