Author Topic: Paul Ryan to host fundraiser for Cheney amid GOP tensions  (Read 450 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Paul Ryan to host fundraiser for Cheney amid GOP tensions
« on: March 06, 2021, 08:06:34 pm »
Paul Ryan to host fundraiser for Cheney amid GOP tensions
By Juliegrace Brufke - 03/05/21 04:59 PM EST

Former Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) is slated to host a virtual fundraiser for House Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) amid backlash she received for speaking out against former President Trump.

To co-host, donors have been asked to pay $5,800, and $2,900 to attend the event, according to an invitation first obtained by Politico. 

The fundraiser comes as Cheney will face two primary challengers — Wyoming state Rep. Chuck Gray (R) and State Sen. Anthony Bouchard (R) — after the Wyoming representative voted to impeach Trump following the Capitol insurrection Jan. 6.

Cheney has come under fire from a number of her GOP colleagues in the House. A group of conservative hardliners attempted to oust her from her leadership role following her criticism of Trump after he encouraged a group of his supporters to march to the Capitol to demand that Congress halt the certification of the 2020 election.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/541874-paul-ryan-to-host-fundraiser-for-cheney-amid-gop-tensions
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Paul Ryan to host fundraiser for Cheney amid GOP tensions
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 11:52:30 pm »
Two peas from the same pod...

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 02:17:17 am »
From the article...
The fundraiser comes as Cheney will face two primary challengers — Wyoming state Rep. Chuck Gray (R) and State Sen. Anthony Bouchard (R)

Good news for Cheney
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 04:36:32 am »
Paul Ryan has far to many times been unable to decide which side of the fence he is on, he's far too much a Romney.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 05:19:56 am »
Paul Ryan is the best Speaker the Democrats ever had.  He gave them more than they asked for every time.  Even Pelosi can't say that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 05:34:56 pm »
Just as many rats in the Republican Party as the Democommie Party.  I never thought I would see the day they would work so diligently to destroy our nation.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2021, 05:37:33 pm »
From the article...
The fundraiser comes as Cheney will face two primary challengers — Wyoming state Rep. Chuck Gray (R) and State Sen. Anthony Bouchard (R)

Good news for Cheney
Trump need to come out and endorse one ASAP, and force the other to drop out.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2021, 05:58:04 pm »
If he intends to challenge these RINOs, yes that would make sense.  But I am certain he is being advised to maintain a low profile.  Trouble is he has one too many advisors that are not worth a plug nickel.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2021, 07:48:06 pm »
If he intends to challenge these RINOs, yes that would make sense.  But I am certain he is being advised to maintain a low profile.  Trouble is he has one too many advisors that are not worth a plug nickel.
Every advisor that tells Trump to keep a low profile the response they should get is YOU'RE FIRED!

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2021, 02:20:11 am »
People keep saying;What are we going to do about the democrats now, except keep blaming Republicans.  to entertain fools.  The secret mysterious answer is; Last election, and quite giving democrats a pass by blaming Republicans for what democrats do and have done.  see how difficult that is?  Have your children read that and explain it to yah?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

BassWrangler

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2021, 02:24:36 am »

Yes.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2021, 02:41:33 am »

I assume he will, after he's had a chance to do a little research on both. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2021, 03:05:22 am »
Paul Ryan is the best Speaker the Democrats ever had.  He gave them more than they asked for every time.  Even Pelosi can't say that.

TRUTH!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.