Author Topic: Economy adds 379K jobs in first report of Biden presidency  (Read 314 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Economy adds 379K jobs in first report of Biden presidency
« on: March 05, 2021, 02:43:54 pm »
Economy adds 379K jobs in first report of Biden presidency
By Niv Elis - 03/05/21 08:33 AM EST

The economy added a whopping 379,000 jobs in February, a major improvement from the 49,000 jobs added the previous month and more than double the 175,000 economists predicted.

The unemployment rate fell to 6.2 percent from 6.3 percent last month, and the number of unemployed people remained similar at 10 million.

The unemployment crisis has hit some groups harder than others. While the unemployment rate was 5.6 percent for whites, it remained at 9.9 percent for Blacks and 8.5 percent for Hispanics.

The latest jobs data — covering the first full months of the Biden presidency — points to early signs of improvement for an economy still struggling to dig itself out of a deep hole amid the coronavirus pandemic. The number of unemployed people remained similar at 10 million.

The positive report could add ammunition to opponents of President Biden's $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief bill, expected to pass in the Senate over the weekend. Critics say the stimulus is too large and risks overheating the economy.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/541749-february-jobs-report-biden-economy-coronavirus
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Economy adds 379K jobs in first report of Biden presidency
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 02:44:29 pm »
Not believing this for a second...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 07:20:53 pm »
A pretty decent jobs report to start off 2021
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 12:58:26 am »
How many of those jobs added are actually businesses allowed to reopen and call back employees? I seriously doubt they are any but a very small number of new jobs added. Not too mention when was the last time anyone can remember a democrap administration not lying about job numbers?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 01:33:54 am »
Not believing this for a second...

Give it a month or two; we will see inflation, unemployment skyrocketing/record number on food stamps, food prices skyrocketing, gas prices skyrocketing --- a continuation of Bammy's years only worse.  Count on it.

Meanwhile ... what's being done to ensure a fair election in '22???   Nothing will be done.

We are on a downward spiral.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.