Author Topic: Barbie celebrates International Women's Day with new Eleanor Roosevelt doll  (Read 457 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Barbie celebrates International Women's Day with new Eleanor Roosevelt doll

By Sophie Lewis

March 4, 2021 / 9:17 AM / CBS News

more
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/barbie-eleanor-roosevelt-doll-international-womens-day/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Oh good lord!  Must be for the collector market cuz no kid of Barbie buying age today would even know who she was.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

The doll looks inebriated or otherwise addled.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mortarman

The original Barbie doll was based on a doll that Swiss bidness men would carry around an' fondle while fantasizing. It was called the Lilly doll an' was dressed like a streetwalker from Marseille. The VP of Mattel saw it while on a family vacation in Zurich, bought one, brought it home, had her husband (who was President of Mattel) copy it in a softer plastic, dressed it in trendiest clothes, named it after her daughter an' marketed it to young American girls. Later came Barbie's boyfriend named Ken. Well guess what? The woman who brought the Barbie doll to the world also had a son named, wait for it.... Kenneth. Which considering that Franklin an' Eleanor were First cousins means that Mattel is promoting the sick factor. Ewwwww.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline skeeter

Oh good lord!  Must be for the collector market cuz no kid of Barbie buying age today would even know who she was.

The doll looks nothing like Eleanor, thankfully. Don't need to frighten the children.

Offline mortarman

I use to work as an overnight sticker at Toys 'R' Us. I work in the doll aisles an' during Christmas time the store hours were expanded to midnight an' I had the opportunity to meet some of these "collectors". The only people creepier would be New Nazi Party politicians.

The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline PeteS in CA

... Which considering that Franklin an' Eleanor were First cousins means that Mattel is promoting the sick factor. Ewwwww.

Actually, Franklin and Eleanor's father were 5th cousins. So while I don't know how the whole cousinage accounting stuff works, I doubt that Franklin and Eleanor were anywhere close to being first cousins.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Think of the fun you could have with this and your Hillary Clinton doll!
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I don't get it, how could they miss the opportunity so badly by not offering the Lorena Hickok lesbian lover doll to go with the Eleanor doll?

Offline mikezpen

The doll's far too good-looking to be an accurate representation.