Author Topic: D.C. Officials, Activists Want Low-Income Housing in Mostly White Areas to Address Racism  (Read 949 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
D.C. Officials, Activists Want Low-Income Housing in Mostly White Areas to Address Racism

Penny Starr 2 Mar 2021

Prosperous white neighborhoods in Northwest Washington, D.C., are the focus of an effort to install low-income housing into areas with mostly white residents as a way to make up for a racist past.

The Washington Post reveals the left-wing ideology of forced diversity as social justice — “The Greater Good” — in a lengthy piece about using city zoning as a political tool:

In an affluent White neighborhood in Northwest Washington, a volunteer task force wants to atone for the racist policies that forced black residents from their community a century ago. At another group’s Zoom meeting, the moderator talked of rewriting zoning policies to crack the “invisible walls” that have excluded blacks from their neighborhood. Their agenda, the moderator said, was to determine “what we can do to turn the tide against racism.”

The fate of their campaign rests with the D.C. Council, which in the coming weeks will vote on Mayor Muriel E. Bowser’s proposed changes to zoning policy. The revisions would allow taller apartment buildings on key corridors, potentially catalyzing the construction of tens of thousands of housing units, a portion of them subsidized.

Bowser’s team also is exploring whether to expand inclusionary zoning — the policy that requires developers to include subsidized units in exchange for added density — to currently exempt areas such as downtown and portions of historic districts in Georgetown, Anacostia and Capitol Hill.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/03/02/d-c-officials-activists-want-low-income-housing-in-mostly-white-areas-to-address-racism/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
And the real reason is...

...the Rodents want their parasites in whiter 'hoods because those areas are more likely to vote in American candidates instead of Rodents.

The Rodents want to dilute the white vote.

Almost everything the Rodents do is about rigging elections when its not about stealing money, and the reason they rig elections is to steal money.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline mortarman

The neighborhoods they want the rodents to infest are also the same neighborhoods that the top lidtards in Congress have their Washington residences. Do you really think people like Nasty an' Mean Amy an' Fauxohauntus would want rodents driving down their property values.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Online Hoodat

They're upset because NW resembles Bethesda?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The neighborhoods they want the rodents to infest are also the same neighborhoods that the top lidtards in Congress have their Washington residences. Do you really think people like Nasty an' Mean Amy an' Fauxohauntus would want rodents driving down their property values.

@mortarman

Oh,they will be happy to keep those residences for political reasons,but unlike a lot of other people around them,they have the money to buy another house in a safe neighborhood to actually live in,while pretending to live in their former houses. And just who is going to expose their hypocrisy,the media?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Slide Rule

There are many things Marxists want.

Fvck em.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online mountaineer

I suspect not even Hillary nor the Obummers want the po' folks living next door to their D.C. mansions.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

If anybody does not understand the term 'Equity', this is the definition.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
North Dakota is getting more blacks?

Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, West Virginia, Iowa, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Kentucky and North Dakota are the states with the highest white populations. Some of those states are noted for brutal winters, in comparison with the rest of the lower 48. If black people want to live there, they could. Just send us the people who want to work, like the good folks who came in with the last oil boom.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

I'm 100% for this plan. I think low-income thugs...er....excuse me low-income citizens should be moved by the thousands into many upper class neighborhoods close to the people, wealthy liberals, who profess to love them so much. They can all then have a mass love-in to celebrate how much they love each other.
Hopefully, ambulances will be ready to treat the over-loved neighbors.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm 100% for this plan. I think low-income thugs...er....excuse me low-income citizens should be moved by the thousands into many upper class neighborhoods close to the people, wealthy liberals, who profess to love them so much. They can all then have a mass love-in to celebrate how much they love each other.
Hopefully, ambulances will be ready to treat the over-loved neighbors.

@goatprairie

Works for me,but I don't think this should be paid for by taxpayers. I think the rich leftists that love them so much should pay their moving and living expenses. Not being willing to do so would mean dey be racists.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't

The original plan implemented by the Illegal Alien from Kenya was to move out the trash to the suburbs to dilute the GOP vote, and under the Messiah's third term, that plan is being resumed.    As for the property values...the top architects of this plot will arrange things so they won't be affected.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline goatprairie

The idea of having taxpayers in the burbs have new neighbors from the inner city is a continuance of a plan devised by some big city lib mayors more than a decade ago to subsidize the big city leeches...er...citizens on gov. aid.
What the mayors wanted was the suburbs to pay extra to replenish the rapidly depleting coffers of the big cities whose operators (the mayor, city council members, other thieves) had taken too much for themselves. The dwindling tax base from producers moving out leaving mostly leeches made it difficult to provide for the leeches in the city gov. and on welfare.
What to do.
Bingo, make the suburbs part of a greater metro tax base. The reasoning: many of the suburbanites worked in the big city and fled to the suburbs after work.
That's just not fair said the mayors. They should be made to pay for the privilege of entering the big city and working there.
 Naturally, that met with a great deal of opposition from the suburbanites who didn't like the idea of paying for people to sit around, get fat, and do drugs like most welfare recipients do. Those plans fell through.
Now the thinking is simply to move the leeches out to the suburbs and have the burbs subsidize them instead of the big city.
If you don't like this idea, you're a racist. If you're white, you're a racist anyway, but now you're a bigger racist.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Nonsense on all of that!

I can't help but think of that scene in Doctor Zhivago, where he returns home after being shanghaied to work as a doctor for the red army for an extended period, and he comes to his upper class home to find 16 other families living there, and his family is given one or two rooms to live in.  What they are suggesting above is just one step removed from this SOVIET tactic to bring equity.

So I say, if we are going SOVIET, let's do it all the way.  Every millionaire should get five poor families to come live with him/her in their home/each home, and every billionaire gets 10-20 families/home.  Then we would see a quick end to this nonsense of equity subjugation of our society.

Either we return to a merit based society, or the concept of America continues to die further.  The Dems have already destroyed the republic, but there are still values we have as a society they are trying to destroy.  The word freedom is quickly becoming a dirty word, and I am getting right tired of this bullsh*t!!!  BLM would have the family unit destroyed given the chance in all the races but the black family.  It was long ago destroyed in the black race, so they want the same degradation for all races. 

If we continue to allow the inmates to run the insane asylum, we deserve what we get.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nonsense on all of that!

I can't help but think of that scene in Doctor Zhivago, where he returns home after being shanghaied to work as a doctor for the red army for an extended period, and he comes to his upper class home to find 16 other families living there, and his family is given one or two rooms to live in.  What they are suggesting above is just one step removed from this SOVIET tactic to bring equity.

So I say, if we are going SOVIET, let's do it all the way.  Every millionaire should get five poor families to come live with him/her in their home/each home, and every billionaire gets 10-20 families/home.  Then we would see a quick end to this nonsense of equity subjugation of our society.

Either we return to a merit based society, or the concept of America continues to die further.  The Dems have already destroyed the republic, but there are still values we have as a society they are trying to destroy.  The word freedom is quickly becoming a dirty word, and I am getting right tired of this bullsh*t!!!  BLM would have the family unit destroyed given the chance in all the races but the black family.  It was long ago destroyed in the black race, so they want the same degradation for all races. 

If we continue to allow the inmates to run the insane asylum, we deserve what we get.

@jafo2010

Even the Soviets didn't do it that way. Senior Party officials lived BETTER than billionaires in the US. They even had their own dedicated traffic lanes with cops to step out into the street and stop traffic if the light was red going their way,so their chauffeurs didn't have to stop and inconvenience them. Remember,Soviet citizens needed special permits to leave the city,and those permits were only good for as far as their garden plot/weekend shack. Further out of town on the special 4 lane highways that were restricted to buses,trucks,and the limos of party officials were their dachas that would put Bill Gates to shame. I am talking about swimming pools big enough to see from a 727 circling the Moscow airport waiting to land. And these palaces,were guarded by special Red Army units to make sure not of the common swine caused them any problems.

Not to mention things like special department stores with western goods that only party officials could shop in. Remember the GUM department store right on Red Square? It takes up a whole block,and only senior party officials and their families were allowed to even enter the joint,never mind buy anything. While the typical Soviet citizen were dealing with clunky kitchen appliances like the old fashioned "stab and rock" can opener and 13 inch black and white tv's,party officials wives were buying electric can openers and color big screen tv's that were made in Sweden.

Hell,normal Soviet citizens even had to get a special permit to just VISIT Moscow,and even then they were told what hotels they would be staying in and where they were allowed to go. All this info was kept on their INTERNAL PASSPORTS that they needed to just leave home. There would be Soviet internal security guards at every bus or train station,checking the passengers internal passports as they got on and off the trains or busses to make sure nobody was enjoying any of that "evil freedom stuff".

And they didn't even try to hide it. You could see the Red Army guards checking ID's at the door. ALL the tv commentators would identify the GUM (pronounced as "goom") dept store when reporting on Soviet Parades past Lenin's tomb,but for some odd reason,not a single one of them mentioned the class separation and segregation that existed in "The People's Republic".

The typical Soviet citizen knew what was going on and didn't like it,but they were powerless to do anything about it because every work place,every restaurant,every apartment building had "people's spies". Some were official,but in places like apartment buildings,anybody that ratted out another tenant for "anti-Soviet activities",which was anything the local policeman thought it was,was given special priviliges. Maybe a promotion at work,maybe a family vacation at one of the restricted beach resorts,maybe even permission to buy a car.

The whole damn nation were spying on each other,and everybody knew it. Rat out a informer you discovered,and if you told the wrong people and it got back to the authorities,guess who would be losing their job and apartment,and sent to one of the rural labor farms.

And the Red Chinese made the Soviets look like Good Time Charlies.

Guess which system is still intact and is taking over our manufacturing as well as some of our politicians,including McConnel and Pelosi.

ALL this and more,may be in YOUR future if we allow the Dims to take over.

Revolution suddenly ain't looking so bad,is it?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 09:35:56 am by sneakypete »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline skeeter

If anybody does not understand the term 'Equity', this is the definition.
The funny thing is the progressive knuckleheads who promote this stupidity are the same who complain about 'gentrification' of black neighborhoods - meaning when white people move in next door.

There's just no pleasing some people.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Skeeter, how foolish you be.
Don't you understand?

When whites move into (and gentrify) black neighborhoods, that's "racism".
When blacks move into (and destroy) white neighborhoods, that's "social justice".

Online Hoodat

Boris Pasternak's life must have been a living hell.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jafo2010

The whole of Russia was living hell, with the sole exception of the political elite, or top athletes.

My wife is a physician, and both her parents were physicians, and their combined income in southern Russia left them poor.  No joke.  They had little, but they did have a balcony on the front and back of their flat.  And when girlfriends of my wife came to visit her, and saw both balconies, it was like they were living fat city.  They were not living fat city.

I bought my mother-in-law her first clothes washer.  Prior to that, she hand washed and hung the clothes to dry on lines hanging outside the flat. 

Even our poor live better than most in Russia.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The whole of Russia was living hell, with the sole exception of the political elite, or top athletes.

My wife is a physician, and both her parents were physicians, and their combined income in southern Russia left them poor.  No joke.  They had little, but they did have a balcony on the front and back of their flat.  And when girlfriends of my wife came to visit her, and saw both balconies, it was like they were living fat city.  They were not living fat city.

I bought my mother-in-law her first clothes washer.  Prior to that, she hand washed and hung the clothes to dry on lines hanging outside the flat. 

Even our poor live better than most in Russia.

@jafo2010

That was certainly true before the USSR collapsed and became Russia again,but I could see it changing quickly when I went there the first time after the collapse.

It was the most unique experience of my life. The class difference was not only right there in full display before your very eyes,it was impossible to not notice it. There were the upper classes who were related to the former Soviet ruling classes riding around in Mercedes,and elderly widows sleeping on park benches because their "comfortable life savings from working a factory job for 30 years" suddenly wasn't enough to buy a meal at the Moscow McDonalds. So they rented out their flats to foreign investors who moved to Moscow for the business opportunites so they would have enough money to eat. Plus,their flats would get renovated for free,which would greatly benefit them if the foreigner got fired,quit,or promoted to a job outside of Moscow. The Soviet Union had been artificially rating 1 ruble with 1 dollar in value the whole time the USSR existed,and IIRC,after the collapse of the USSR and the "market adjustment to a free economy",it took something like 7,000 Rubles to equal 1 dollar of purchasing power.

There was a whole nation of very intelligent people,most of whom seemed to be more than willing to work hard,many with advanced degrees,who were suddenly out of work and didn't even know how to find a job because they had only worked one job their whole lives,and they had been assigned to that one.

I don't know how we got the idea that Russians were dour people,but that was one of the biggest lies ever told.If there has ever been an optimist people,it has to have been the Russians. They are so optimistic they even bought the lie of Communism leading to a brighter future for all.

For a decade or so. After that they weren't fooled,but stayed silent to avoid going to a labor camp. Your boss,and EVERYBODY else's boss was the government,and I think that regardless of where you come from,we all understand THAT is an uphill fight against embedded cretins regardless of what country you live in.

Good thing for them that most of them seemed to have been born with a lot of patience,also.

I have to admit,I have been to several foreign countries and even lived in a few,and have never met any group of people more friendly than Russians. Just about every one of them I met felt like they needed to warn me about trusting other Russians "because you never know who they are or what they really want".

I went back for a second visit 2 years later,and was planning on going back again and buying a "Ural motorcycle (in reality at that time,a 1930's German BMW) with a side car and visiting several different cities. That was when I started getting sick,and I had to cancel my plans.

As plans go,that was probably the dumbest plan I ever came up with now that I look at it in hindsite. I neither speak nor understand Russian,and would have probably been robbed and murdered once outside of a city. These were desperate people in desperate times,and I would have looked like a millionaire to the people of rural Russia. A millionare rubbing their poverty in their faces.

Offline jafo2010

sneakypete,

I disagree with you about Russia.  The people tend not to be friendly until they know you.  My father-in-law thought I was a spy, which still makes me laugh.  Russia in fact is a rather dangerous place.  My wife's home city of Stavropol, she insisted I not speak English on the street within hearing of anyone, for Chechens were kidnapping folks for ransom, or to harvest body organs, etc. 

First time there, my wife told me not to smile at anyone while walking down the street, they will deck you.  No joke.

One thing I definitely do not like about Russia is their price gouging.  A cab from the hotel in Moscow to the airport cost about $16 one way back in 2001.  There was a tiny office in the hotel, about three feet wide, with a woman at the window.  When my wife and I walked up, we were speaking English and my wife went to arrange a cab, the woman hearing us speak English, said it would be $70.  They got into it.  When my wife explained, I told her, we will book our own cab by calling directly.  It ended up $16, much to my surprise.  I did not say one word in the cab as we headed to the airport.

Russians will swindle you given the opportunity.  They are always looking for a way to TAKE you.  There are exceptions, but most are on the swindle.  The poorer folks tend to be honest folks.  My wife and I were shopping and had a load of packages.  A poor street woman offered to help us carry everything to a cab, when I went to hand her some money for helping us, she refused adamantly. 

Last time I was there was 2005.  I had been halted about eight times by cops, told my papers were not in order, that I would be imprisoned and deported.  I told my wife I would never return I was so disgusted with the endless bribe demands.  The bribes for everything were tiring.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 05:01:51 pm by jafo2010 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
sneakypete,

I disagree with you about Russia.  The people tend not to be friendly until they know you.

@jafo2010

That wasn't my experience on either trip. The only incident on either trip was a old man wearing WW-2 medals on his suit in Moscow's subway started screaming insults at me in Russian,and even then everybody around us seemed to be embarrased about it.

My father-in-law thought I was a spy, which still makes me laugh.  Russia in fact is a rather dangerous place.

Of course it is. I didn't just fall off the turnip truck,you know. I had either been deployed for months at a time or lived in foreign countries for maybe 5 years. I ain't exactly the most trusting man you might ever meet. "Smile and act happy,but be on guard!"

AFATG,I would consider NYC to be a foreign country,and they (mostly) speak English.

My wife's home city of Stavropol, she insisted I not speak English on the street within hearing of anyone, for Chechens were kidnapping folks for ransom, or to harvest body organs, etc. 

Other than the  Chechens,I was told the same thing in both Moscow and in Yoshkar-Ola. I suspect it had more to do with trying to be overcharged than anything else,and after having lived under Communism for decades,who can really blame the Russians or Eastern Europeans for wanting to overcharge "rich Americans"? I live in a tourist area of the US now,and overcharging tourists is practically a religion here,and I suspect in every other tourist area in the world.

First time, my wife told me not to smile at anyone while walking down the street, they will deck you.  No joke.

I never heard that one,but the woman and her daughter who were with me have a full-blown panic attack when I kicked the side of a Mercedes that ran a red light in Moscow and almost hit us,and when the fat Russian ahole in it got out of it to threaten us,I chased him down the street. Fat SOB could run a lot faster than I would have ever guessed. You should have seen the look on his face change to panic when someone actually went after him,though. It was priceless.

I got a BIG lecture about never confronting rich gangsters/former Communist bureaucrats,though. You just don't do that in Russia. I told them doing things like that is "the American way". I am not normally very aggressive,and am a very friendly guy,but I do go"full berserker" when attacked or threatened by strangers. I always found the best defense was your attacker laying in the street,bleeding.

I also got applause from the other Russians on the street.

One thing I definitely do not like about Russia is their price gouging.

Like I said,I grew up in and lived around tourist areas most of my life,so I kinda expect it. And for the people of countries emerging from Communism,who can blame them for going after the cash when they have the opportunity? Like I wrote earlier,people saw their life savings disappear overnight,and not even be able to afford to buy a sandwhich with it after the Ruble adjustment.

That doesn't mean you have to give it to them,though. Do some haggling. It's expected in foreign countries,and the people there are surprised in you don't.

When my wife explained, I told her, we will book our own cab by calling directly.  It ended up $16, much to my surprise.  I did not say one word in the cab as we headed to the airport.

I was warned not to speak English in taxi's also,because the price would be raised. Not my first foreign rodeo,so it didn't surprise or bother me.

Russians will swindle you given the opportunity.  They are always looking for a way to TAKE you.

As opposed to what other group of people?

Last time I was there was 2005.  I had been halted about eight times by cops, told my papers were not in order, that I would be imprisoned and deported.  I told my wife I would never return I was so disgusted with the endless bribe demands.  The bribes for everything were tiring.

The first time I went to Russia was less than a full year after the collapse of Communism,and the next time was 2 years later. Started having mobility problems,so I had to quit going traveling.

It's not surprising it has changed so much since my days there,though. I was already seeing "Ugly Americans" (code for any white people not from poor nations) on my second visit there,and wanting to apologize for their actions to the Russians around me. Like I said,I grew up around tourist towns and live near one now,so I have been dealing with those buttholes most of my life,and understand the hatred they create.

Telling locals "That ain't the way we do it back home,you people must be stoopid!" is NOT the way to make friends. Back when I was still helping build houses,I had a t-shirt made up that said "I don't give a damn HOW you did it in NYC!".

To be fair to NYC,most of the people there have only lived there,and just don't know any better. I had a second cousin that was born and raised in NYC come down south as a high school graduation vacation present from his parents about 30 years ago,and still hasn't returned. He called his mother on the phone and told her to send his tools and clothes to him because he wasn't coming home again.

A few years later she moved here,too. So has a few of his other relatives on the other side of his family. Must be a dozen of them living around here now who are all all in-laws,cousins,or outlaws. None of them ever even talk about going back.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 05:48:17 pm by sneakypete »

Offline skeeter

Skeeter, how foolish you be.
Don't you understand?

When whites move into (and gentrify) black neighborhoods, that's "racism".
When blacks move into (and destroy) white neighborhoods, that's "social justice".

Obviously we have all done a poor job of suppressing our common sense. We must try harder.