Author Topic: Senate to vote on $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief bill this week  (Read 2189 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Senate to vote on $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief bill this week
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2021, 11:25:51 pm »
Fixing deficit spending is not the same thing s fiscal conservatism - But:

YES.

YES.

YES.

YES.

YES.

A lot of stuttering, but not one shred of proof. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2021, 11:34:10 pm »
A lot of stuttering, but not one shred of proof.

Every single thing you offered is either funded by the government for the government, Or is funded by the lobby seeking same.

Turn off the money hose and see what happens. Power goes away. government necessarily grows smaller... And less powerful, and less of an attraction to those seeking power.

It ALL starts in the money. The very best guardian of liberty is a government too small to take it from you. That IS fiscal conservatism, and to a degree, libertarianism.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2021, 12:00:22 am »
LOL!

No, sir!  At this point, it isn't real money.

But what about my original point...voting against it automatically reinforces the perception that the GOP doesn't give a shit about the little average guy....going into the all important mid-terms.

@DCPatriot

The alleged Republican and Democrat games remind me a lot of the games played by the Washington Generals,and the Harlem Globetrotters. There is always a lot of jumping,throwing the ball around,and shouting,but we all know who is going to win.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2021, 12:01:27 am »
Biden announces payments of $1,400 will begin this month
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/541969-biden-announces-payments-of-1400-will-begin-in-march

Taxable?  This is a very small band-aid as to what's needed; job creation.  Instead Sloe Joe is creating more debt, raising taxes, and more and more people will be out of work as he allows hundreds of thousands of illegals and refugees into the country while hiking the minimum wage, destroying jobs.

Inflation, skyrocketing prices, and a system designed to cater to the newbies in this country is what we have to look forward to.  Good luck with holding onto your wallets; he's already taken it out of your back pockets.

Meanwhile, the GOP completely died along with our Republic when SCOTUS looked the other way.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2021, 12:09:10 am »
LOL!

No, sir!  At this point, it isn't real money.

But what about my original point...voting against it automatically reinforces the perception that the GOP doesn't give a shit about the little average guy....going into the all important mid-terms.

For the most part, we can deal with Pres. Biden's ruling by Executive Order.   Just like he's dealing with Pres. Trump's.  Stroke of a pen....gone!

What we can't have is a Democrat Majority come 2023.

Sign it.  I would like an Nikon 85mm 1.4 G     Keep the economy going strong!!   @roamer_1

Seriously?   Worried about the GOP appearing not to give a shic*t  about the average Joe?? 

#1 They need to be getting their act together to ensure a fair election or every single one of them except perhaps for the RINO's will be ousted.

#2  How about the GOP actually opposing the DEM runaway spending and work on proposing a JOBS bill??

#3  The GOP is DOA; SCOTUS destroyed our Republic.

3rd Party/insert new gov't   Yep, I get it, that's not what Trump wants.  Big deal.  That IS what's needed; otherwise the same old swamp creatures will continue to rule.   

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2021, 12:12:44 am »
   I think the Senate Parliamentarian took the minimum wage $hit out of the bill.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2021, 12:13:07 am »
Again, you think your winning happens at the polls. It does not. The last four years are a lesson, if you will stop to learn it.

I am as big of a defict hawk as you are, but still haven't heard one solution.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2021, 12:14:58 am »

Anyone else see a plausible solution other than inserting a new party/gov't?  The ballot box is broken folks and '22 will be a repeat of the past stolen election.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2021, 12:16:33 am »
   I think the Senate Parliamentarian took the minimum wage $hit out of the bill.

Ok ...  plain and simple.  The GOP should OPPOSE everything that the DEMS propose.  You know darn well that anything the DEMS are planning is going to further destroy this country.

Offline corbe

« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2021, 12:18:19 am »
Seriously?   Worried about the GOP appearing not to give a shic*t  about the average Joe?? 

#1 They need to be getting their act together to ensure a fair election or every single one of them except perhaps for the RINO's will be ousted.

#2  How about the GOP actually opposing the DEM runaway spending and work on proposing a JOBS bill??

#3  The GOP is DOA; SCOTUS destroyed our Republic.

3rd Party/insert new gov't   Yep, I get it, that's not what Trump wants.  Big deal.  That IS what's needed; otherwise the same old swamp creatures will continue to rule.   

Whatever it is, it won't succeed with Trump sucking the air out of every room, the 2016 GOP campaign proved that.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2021, 12:22:21 am »
Biden announces payments of $1,400 will begin this month

So they could have had $2,000 from Trump but voted instead for $1,400 from Biden?  Idiots.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2021, 12:33:57 am »
So they could have had $2,000 from Trump but voted instead for $1,400 from Biden?  Idiots.

If they just went for broke they could change it to $3.8 and fix it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2021, 12:41:25 am »
Really?  Fix deficit spending and we fix the cancel culture, stop tearing down statues of our legacy, stop burning books?

Yes.   The ones tearing down statues, canceling culture, and burning books are being subsidized with freshly printed federal dolllars.

Fix deficit spending and we stop insisting white people be less white, pay reparations, get on the back of every line, and apologize for their genetic code?

Yes.  The ones advocating those things are being subsidized with freshly printed federal dollars.

Fix deficit spending and we fix election and voter fraud so our votes reflect the will of actual, living American citizens and our government is no longer for sale?

Vote fraud is a State issue, made possible with the influx of freshly printed federal dollars.

Fix deficit spending and we reattach our justice system and rule of law to the United States Constitution?

Our justice system is in tatters because our federal government funds the challenges to it with freshly printed federal dollars.  Where do you think Planned Parenthood lawyers get their money?

Fix deficit spending and the Dreamers aren't rewarded with citizenship, unaccompanied minors are not moved into your neighborhood, and red states are not intentionally overrun by a new majority voting bloc?

Dreamers are being rewarded and unaccompanied minors are being moved with freshly printed federal dollars.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2021, 12:44:43 am »

Give instruction to every department head that they can pocket 1% of every unspent dollar at the end of the fiscal year, from which they pay out bonuses accordingly.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2021, 12:46:21 am »

Give instruction to every department head that they can pocket 1% of every unspent dollar at the end of the fiscal year, from which they pay out bonuses accordingly.

Can't we just cancel departments instead?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2021, 12:50:27 am »

The solution is to stand on what is true and fight for it.

Somehow Republicans got it sold to em that they must compromise to win. And somehow now, self identified conservatives are saying the same. The same tired old bullcrap... There IS NO Republican platform - it changes like the wind. There is no basis for unity beyond candy thrown from the front of the parade.

It has been exactly thus since Reagan's left foot stepped across the threshold for the last time.

Then look at the Democrats - They don't compromise for sh*t. Every time they get a chance they are swinging for the bleachers. And they are successful - Not through compromise. Through standing their damn ground. There are damn few moderates in the democrat party. End to end liberal all the way, with the far left going full on commie.

They are winning. And the reason they are winning is because y'all let em. Because your party is full to brimming with people that will not fight for what you want. There is no orthodoxy. there is no banner. There is no focus... Because it really ain't your damn party at all. And STILL y'all compromise. And STILL y'all mumble bullsh*t and believe bullsh*t about how Conservatism can't win. That you must swallow your pride and selfishess and toe some line or the other that AIN'T but a pittance of what you believe. The starving pavlovian dog taking treats from his master's hand, afraid of the democrat stick...

Have the balls to stand. Live or die, I will be standing right damn here. You know it. I know you do because you have been right alongside me going on decades. Not just in fiscal matters, but in all matters.

Compromise does not win. When has it ever? Did flushing our fiscal brethren under the bus gain anything? How about libertarianism? Looking the other way while big government does whatever it will from both sides of the aisle? How is there gain in that? For a few morsels, temporary sugary treats, y'all have lost the will to stand upon your birthright and fight for what is right and TRUE.

And therein lies the lesson. What did you win REALLY? A fist full of moderate judges, a dug in moderate hierarchy,  A bunch of EOs, now all gone, and all it cost was 20 trillion bucks. And four more years of lollygagging. Where is the win? Did the ball move to the right? NO. Did the government grow less powerful and less intrusive? NO. Are you paying less? NO.

You got nothing. How much better to actually be standing on principle and lose anyway. At least you go down fighting for hallowed ground. At least you do no harm.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2021, 01:07:49 am »
The art of the steal is the base.

The base is selfishness.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2021, 01:08:59 am »
The art of the steal is the base.

The base is selfishness.

The way to herd cats is to put out a plate of tuna.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2021, 01:12:28 am »
The way to herd cats is to put out a plate of tuna.

is one of those how to disguise a claymore things

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2021, 03:01:01 am »
Ok ...  plain and simple.  The GOP should OPPOSE everything that the DEMS propose.   

@libertybele

I think we all understand that as much as we understand they are not going to do it because it would be "bad for their business" of selling favors for cash and other prizes.

Been WAAAY too much "You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours"going on for that to happen.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2021, 03:16:29 am »
Ok ...  plain and simple.  The GOP should OPPOSE everything that the DEMS propose.  You know darn well that anything the DEMS are planning is going to further destroy this country.

Are you kidding?  We couldn't even get them to oppose $1.9 trillion in taxpayer-funded political payoffs to Democrat interest groups for the next two Presidential elections.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2021, 04:29:45 am »
The nasty part is they have a TRILLION DOLLARS left over from the last bill that went for 5.9 Trillion.  This is an America hating democrat party utilizing the cloward Piven maneuver to stress the system until it is irreparably broken.  It worked to seize dictatorial power to turn Germany over to the Nazis.  Gun control and a ruthless dictatorship followed, the Nazi party.  From what i am seeing of Pelosi and associates, they want a more extreme government than the Nazi's had.  With the ultra-rich, they want to create food rationing too.
 The inhuman monsters are in charge, denial accomplished this along with turning away from God.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2021, 04:57:19 am »
Can't we just cancel departments instead?

Eliminating departments would require legislative action.  Refusing to spend money would not.  I see no hope in a legislative solution.  It is up to the Executive Branch to hold the line.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-