Author Topic: In Historic Ceremony, Israel Receives First-Ever UAE Ambassador  (Read 382 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
In Historic Ceremony, Israel Receives First-Ever UAE Ambassador

Deborah Brand1 Mar 20213
2:55

President Reuven Rivlin on Monday received the credentials of the first-ever ambassador to Israel from the United Arab Emirates, following the Trump-brokered Abraham Accords normalizing ties between the two countries.

UAE Ambassador Muhammad Mahmoud Al Khajah was welcomed with a red carpet and a visibly moved Rivlin who told him in Arabic the whole nation was excited to welcome him.

“The entire Israeli people welcomes you with joy. This will be your most important mission – to welcome the hands reaching out to you, to meet the Israeli people and to get to know them up close. Treaties are signed by leaders, but real, sustained peace is made between peoples, face to face,” Rivlin said.

During the ceremony, the Israeli military’s band played the national anthems of both countries.

Rivlin said it was personally moving for him in light of his late father’s love of the Arabic translation and his “lifelong work translating the Holy Quran into Hebrew.”

“My father’s house, not far from here in Jerusalem, was filled with Jewish, Muslim and Christian scholars, who learned from each other and imagined a future of partnership, mutual respect and peace between the sons and daughters of Abraham,” he told the UAE envoy.

“In this home I learned that we, the people living here, were not doomed to live together, but destined to do so on this land, to build it, develop it and lead it to a time of peace and prosperity.”

Following the UAE’s lead, Bahrain, Morocco and Sudan later joined the Abraham Accords.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/middle-east/2021/03/01/in-historic-ceremony-israel-receives-first-ever-uae-ambassador/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: In Historic Ceremony, Israel Receives First-Ever UAE Ambassador
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 07:52:26 pm »
Suck it Biden! 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 11:57:24 pm »
Suck it Biden!
Are you kidding? I am just waiting for one of Biden's lap dogs to try and give Captain Dementia the credit, probably along the line of JoBama laid all the groundwork years ago.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 12:06:57 am »
Suck it Biden!

I'm surprised Biden's string pullers didn't find a way to undo this particular Trump achievement. Although I suppose we should give them time.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 12:08:38 am »
I'm surprised Biden's string pullers didn't find a way to undo this particular Trump achievement. Although I suppose we should give them time.

My thoughts exactly!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.