Author Topic: Grenell hints at potential California gubernatorial bid  (Read 328 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Grenell hints at potential California gubernatorial bid
« on: February 27, 2021, 04:43:45 pm »
Grenell hints at potential California gubernatorial bid
By Tal Axelrod - 02/27/21 11:06 AM EST

Richard Grenell, a former Trump administration official and popular figure among the GOP’s right flank, hinted that he could run for California governor as Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) faces a recall effort from Republicans.

Speaking at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) on Saturday, Grenell, a former acting director of national intelligence and ambassador to Germany, launched into an attack against Newsom and praised the recall effort that is gaining steam in the Golden State.

“If you want the best case possible for a recall campaign, take a look at my home state of California. California used to be Reagan country, the shining example of business innovation and middle-class success. But now when you think of California, you think of out-of-control wildfires, of rolling blackouts, of schools still closed, of shuttered business, of bans on fracking, and on wealthy people jumping the vaccine line,” he told a raucous crowd.

“In my three decades in American politics I have never seen a better case for a recall than there is right now in California,” he added. “And of course, if a public official is still failing to deliver on their promises, and if you can't limit their term or recall them in time, there's always one other option: You can run against them yourself.”

Mercedes Schlapp, another former White House official, praised Grenell after his speech, saying on stage, “I don’t know, I think he’d make a great governor of California.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/540828-grenell-hints-at-potential-california-gubernatorial-run
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34