Author Topic: How the Gun Control Lobby Plans to Kill the Second Amendment  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
How the Gun Control Lobby Plans to Kill the Second Amendment
« on: February 27, 2021, 01:16:51 am »
1945 By Peter Suciu 2/25/2021

Over the past decade, major media outlets have run countless stories with such titles as “It seemed like a gun control compromise could be on the way” (The Washington Post) and “Compromise Is Possible In The Gun Control Debate” (The Huffington Post). The word “compromise” is one that is widely used by supporters of gun control because it implies, at least from their point of view, that there is a middle ground in the issue.

However, one story title from The Federalist nailed the problem when the word “compromise” is used in this issue “Why Does ‘Compromise’ Always Mean Gun Control Wins?“. Every call from opponents of the Second Amendment means greater restrictions and/or potential bans on particular firearms, while law-abiding gun owners get nothing in exchange.

How is that remotely a compromise?

As TheTruthAboutGuns.com has spelled out clearly, “‘Compromise” is defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as ‘an agreement or settlement of a dispute that is reached by each side making concessions.”

No Concessions

More: https://www.19fortyfive.com/2021/02/how-the-gun-control-lobby-plans-to-kill-the-second-amendment/

Offline mountaineer

Re: How the Gun Control Lobby Plans to Kill the Second Amendment
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 02:02:24 pm »
Pastor Greg Locke   @pastorlocke
Brace yourself. A massive false flag shooting is about to take place. It’ll fit the quick narrative of pushing Biden’s radical gun policy. It’s coming.
5:30 PM · Mar 1, 2021

:shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 02:07:03 pm »
I'm not familiar with this website, so FWIW:
National Gun Registry to Be Introduced in Congress Next Month
By  PatriotRising -
March 1, 2021

It’s open season on gun owners in America!

As we learned from his press release last weekend, Joe Biden is 100% committed to banning the possession of the AR-15 and hundreds of similar rifles in America, as well as the magazines that are needed to run them.

But he’s also determined to create a list of every single gun owner in America, using ‘Universal Background Checks’ as the foil to get it done.

In fact, multiple sources are telling the Idaho Second Amendment Alliance that Nancy Pelosi and Congressional Democrats will be rolling out their ‘Universal Background Check’ legislation in the next few weeks! ...
Patriot Rising

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 02:18:24 pm »
Brace yourself. A massive false flag shooting is about to take place. It’ll fit the quick narrative of pushing Biden’s radical gun policy. It’s coming.

@mountaineer

I don't think anybody with 2 IQ points to rub together doesn't realize that at some point in the near future this will happen,but if he picked 5:30 PM March 1st as the date,he was clearly wrong.

BTW,you can count me as one that FIRMLY believes our government and our feral law enforcement agencies are so corrupted at this point that if they were to be tipped off as to the exact time,date,and location of the attempt,they would wait for it to happen before swooping in to arrest the perps in order to try to insure THEY were the only Americans to be "allowed" to go around armed.

Not to mention there would be bonuses and promotions in it for the brass who were involved.

Yeah,there ARE still a FEW thoroughly honest and upright cops,but you can bet your bippy that none of them are ever going to get promoted to a command rank anywhere in the Feral system. Or ANY big city LEO position,AFATG.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 02:23:42 pm »
I don't think anybody with 2 IQ points to rub together doesn't realize that at some point in the near future this will happen,but if he picked 5:30 PM March 1st as the date,he was clearly wrong.
No, that's just the date he tweeted his message. I believe he's just saying the event will be soon, which could be any time.
 I don't know anything about Mr. Locke, but you can bet he got a lot of leftist snark in response to this tweet.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 02:23:54 pm »
@mountaineer

BTW,you can count me as one that FIRMLY believes our government and our feral law enforcement agencies are so corrupted at this point that if they were to be tipped off as to the exact time,date,and location of the attempt,they would wait for it to happen before swooping in to arrest the perps in order to try to insure THEY were the only Americans to be "allowed" to go around armed.

Not to mention there would be bonuses and promotions in it for the brass who were involved.
There is no doubt. Consider how much mileage the totalitarian statists got from catastrophes just in the past 12 months.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 02:25:51 pm »
In the past several years, every single mass shooting event, whether at a school or a nightclub, has become the rallying point for the anti-gun crowd. Nothing's going to change. Eventually, they seem to believe, they'll wear us all down and we'll gladly surrender the Second Amendment "for the children."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 02:32:55 pm »
In the past several years, every single mass shooting event, whether at a school or a nightclub, has become the rallying point for the anti-gun crowd. Nothing's going to change. Eventually, they seem to believe, they'll wear us all down and we'll gladly surrender the Second Amendment "for the children."

@mountaineer

And they are right. If we allow them to wear us down to the point we say to ourselves,"Ho hum! Another attack by the gun control loons! I'd go protest,but there is a good game on the teebee this weekend."

When this happens,and it WILL,they will win. It ain't enough for those of us who are geezers to remain vigilant,we MUST convince the younger generation,including the ones who DON'T own guns,about the importance of the 2nd Amendment,and the political future planned by the very people that keep promoting gun control/confiscation.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2021, 02:36:23 pm »
Our gun club offers $2,000 scholarships to young people (as long as they're related to club members) who submit an essay on the importance of the Second Amendment. It's getting difficult to find kids interested - not sure whether their schools have made them anti-2A, or they just don't know how to write.  :thud:

Offline Idiot

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2021, 04:52:43 pm »

One little incident and here we go....

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2021, 12:43:42 pm »

That makes sense given the fact that there are rumblings that the House is about to take up (and pass) HR 127.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2021, 04:15:40 pm »
From an email I received of Gun Owners of America:
Pelosi’s House will take up TWO gun control bills as early as next week:

H.R. 8:
Requiring background checks for EVERY “transfer” (NOT just sale) of a firearm, thereby criminalizing private transfers of firearms that take place even inside your own home with limited “exceptions”

H.R. 1446:

VERY LENGTHY delays for the sale of a firearm

If enforced to the letter, H.R. 8 could put millions of gun owners in prison by outlawing the transfer of any firearm without a proper Brady Check.

The term “transfer” is nowhere defined, but it’s clear from the bill that handing your gun to a neighbor for as little as even one second counts as a “transfer.”

The bill claims to offer some so-called “exceptions,” but these will be practically useless to gun owners.

For example, if you hand (or “transfer”) a firearm to a friend because you hear a noise in your house in the middle of the night -- and it turns out to be a false alarm -- you’re a criminal.

Under H.R. 8, since every gun transfer will go through a dealer, every gun owner will have a 4473, setting the stage for a national gun registry.

At a time when Americans are getting “cancelled” for their political beliefs, the last thing we need is a highly politicized bureaucracy with the power to establish a federal registry and run background checks to determine who has a right to own a firearm.

Since Biden and Kamala also promised an “assault weapons” and high-capacity magazine ban, as well as seeking to hold gun manufacturers liable for violence committed with firearms, the need to defend the Second Amendment has never been this dire.

We cannot wait until these bills hit the House floor to ramp up our efforts to strike them down.

We need to start turning up the heat on our representatives to ensure they vote to protect our God-given -- not government-given -- right to keep and bear arms.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2021, 04:49:55 pm »
Unconstitutional, unenforceable, and will never make it through the Senate.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2021, 05:01:35 pm »

I'm almost surprised it hasn't been staged yet. Expect it to be carried out by "right wing republican racists" of some sort with light skins, even if the video shows them walking across concrete instead of the actual blacktop to get that effect.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2021, 05:14:24 pm »
From an email I received of Gun Owners of America:
If enforced to the letter, H.R. 8 could put millions of gun owners in prison by outlawing the transfer of any firearm without a proper Brady Check.

The term “transfer” is nowhere defined, but it’s clear from the bill that handing your gun to a neighbor for as little as even one second counts as a “transfer.”

Good hunter safety practices when hunting in pairs would have one person hold the firearms while crossing fences, and hand them to the other person on the other side before the second person crossed through the fence. Two transfers, twice.
This would ban basic hunter safety practices taught to everyone for the past 40 years.

(Dumbassed city people, no wonder they only see one use for a firearm.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2021, 12:50:07 am »
 22222frying pan
Unconstitutional, unenforceable, and will never make it through the Senate.

And when it fails...Biden will simply sign the EO's needed to make it happen.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2021, 02:17:26 am »
22222frying pan
And when it fails...Biden will simply sign the EO's needed to make it happen.

And we will ignore it, because we don't have a dictator. The Supreme Court will throw it out, for the same reason. The President has no power to simply override Constitutional amendments written in plain language, and supported by ample precedent.

The President can issue EO's in respect of Executive Branch agencies, only. He can't rewrite the Constitution.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2021, 02:22:21 pm »
And we will ignore it, because we don't have a dictator. The Supreme Court will throw it out, for the same reason. The President has no power to simply override Constitutional amendments written in plain language, and supported by ample precedent.

The President can issue EO's in respect of Executive Branch agencies, only. He can't rewrite the Constitution.

I hope you’re right...but given the aversion to 2A cases by the SCOTUS and how little resistance there’s been to the 60+ EO’s Biden has already signed...I’m not holding out much hope.   

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2021, 02:40:57 pm »
Just trying to figure out whether I can hide a 9mm in my stovepipe. Be right back ...  :laugh:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2021, 11:24:37 pm »
Just trying to figure out whether I can hide a 9mm in my stovepipe. Be right back ...  :laugh:

@mountaineer

I have always considered a shoulder holster or a inside the waistband holster was the best place. Anywhere else,and you might as well throw it away.

Handguns are emergency devices,to be used to fight your way to a REAL weapon in an emergency.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2021, 11:33:02 pm »
I  meant a literal stovepipe, as in wood burning stove - for when the politzei visit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2021, 11:34:29 pm »
I  meant a literal stovepipe, as in wood burning stove - for when the politzei visit.

@mountaineer

I know.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2021, 11:35:18 pm »
 :beer:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2021, 02:03:37 pm »
If it "works" in Baltimore, expect it to spread:
Everytown Introduces New Gun Tracking Software in Baltimore
by Jordan Michaels on March 4, 2021

The anti-gun group Everytown for Gun Safety is partnering with the city of Baltimore to pilot a new gun-tracking software that purports to help police locate gun dealers selling firearms to criminals.

“By aggregating data, you are not solving one crime at a time, but you’re actually seeing patterns that allow you to unlock trafficking enterprises,” John Feinblatt, president of Everytown for Gun Safety, told Axios. “Cities have been operating largely in the dark, and this tool is really a flashlight.”

Feinblatt hopes the software will be used by other cities as well.

“Baltimore is a great test case, and, if successful there, I think that we will move it to other cities,” Feinblatt said.

An anti-gun stronghold, Baltimore has struggled for years with high rates of violent crime. In 2019, the city saw a record-setting 348 murders, and in 2020 the city posted the fifth highest number of murders per capita of any U.S. city. 

City leaders are hoping that identifying and prosecuting illegal, out-of-state gun dealers can help stem the bleeding. ...
GunsAmerica

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2021, 02:52:01 pm »
If it "works" in Baltimore, expect it to spread:GunsAmerica

And when it turns out that most f the guns being used in crimes are being sold in back alleys or from robberies and home invasions where legally owed guns were stolen...we'll never hear about this program again.