Author Topic: House Passes ‘Equality Act’ to End Legal Recognition of Biological Sex  (Read 4114 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Passes ‘Equality Act’ to End Legal Recognition of Biological Sex

Sean Moran 25 Feb 2021

The House passed House Passes Equality Act to End Legal Recognition of Biological Sex Equality Act Thursday, which would eliminate the legal definition of biological sex, cater to gender ideology, and designate protection for the unborn as “pregnancy” discrimination.

The House passed H.R. 5, the Equality Act, 224-206. Three Republicans voted for the legislation.

The legislation would rewrite civil rights law to include “sexual orientation and gender identity” as protected classes.

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX), who voted against the legislation, decried the bill as attacking religious freedom, said on the House floor before the vote, “What this bill, the so-called Equality Act, is really about, it’s not about giving rights, this is about taking away rights. This is saying that part of the First Amendment that states, ‘Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;’ that’s gotta go!”

He also said at a Freedom Caucus press conference Thursday:

You don’t have to take our word for it. Let me just read this from page 25 of the bill: The Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993 shall not provide a claim concerning, or a defense to a claim under, a covered title, or provide a basis for challenging the application or enforcement of a covered title,” said the Congressman at the press conference. “What’s worse: it doesn’t mention what it eviscerates really, and that is the First Amendment.

Ryan Anderson, the president of the Ethics and Public Policy Center (EPPC), said in a statement last week, “The so-called Equality Act is legislative malpractice that turns equality on its head. It isn’t drafted as a shield to protect vulnerable minorities from unjust discrimination, but as a sword to persecute those who do not embrace new sexual and gender ideologies.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/02/25/house-passes-equality-act-to-end-legal-recognition-of-biological-sex/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline andy58-in-nh

When the legislature of a Republic begins to mandate things that seek to deny objective reality, and to punish those who would dare demur... that Republic is almost certain to perish.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

US Capitol Police Chief Issues Warning About Biden’s SOTU

THESE THREE REPUBLICANS VOTED IN FAVOR OF THE EQUALITY ACT:

Pennsylvania Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick
    New York Rep. John Katko
    New York Rep. Tom Reed

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/02/25/three-republicans-voted-approve-equality-act-brian-fitzpatrick-john-katko-tom-reed-list/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

I don't care what they pass, I will not recognize the lack of biological sex.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Keep in mind these are the people of science.   888mouth

The legislation would rewrite civil rights law to include “sexual orientation and gender identity” as protected classes.

I'm actually glad my dad didn't live to see this.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
When the legislature of a Republic begins to mandate things that seek to deny objective reality, and to punish those who would dare demur... that Republic is almost certain to perish.
Yes.
This war against reality the Liberals are engaged in, is bound to fail.
You can tell me a banana is peach all you want to. That does not make it so.
And it never will, no matter how many 'laws' are passed.
You may as well try to rope the moon.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Gosh I guess now if a meatsack, well there are no biological sexes it seems appropriate, declines to register with selective service and are arrested can they simply argue that they identify as an entity not required to register? Where will this clown show end?

If there is no biological sex than I guess the proper legal term for those adhering to this insanity is Eunich.

However a eunuch is born when there is nondisjunction of the sex chromosomes during gamete formation as a result of which eunuchs have XXY as their sex chromosomes. Thus they are neither completely males nor females. ...
 :pondering: that does seem to explain more than a few of our politicians.

Offline dancer

IOW don't bother encouraging your daughters play sports because He/She will win her awards.   9999hair out0000

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
There is nothing but good news with this one!

Think about it.  The Dems made as one of their first priorities to pass legislation that puts men in women's locker rooms, to shower with them, to rape and murder them.  30% of Dems will think these fools are crazier than a mental ward.  Come election time, no sane person will vote for these scum.  This is Biden's hallmark piece of legislation.  After the nation stops laughing about the idiocy of this, I would not want to be a Dem up for re-election.  Fixed machines or no, who will vote for these maggots in 2022?  I love it!

And the other good note is that no way will the senate be dumb enough to vote for this POS piece of legislation.  No way Manchin and Sinena will vote for this crap.  Although, who knows, there might be support on the Republican side to push this through. 

First we murder our most vulnerable, our unborn.  Now we are going to destroy any advance for girls/women in sports, and even insult them by subjecting them to men in the locker room.  You just can't make this sh*t up!!  Imagine what FDR or JFK would say about these maggots?  Uggh.  The degeneracy of it all.

If God at one time favored this nation and its people, what is his mindset now?  Complete destruction would be my guess.  Armageddon may well be right around the corner.
 22222frying pan
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 06:23:08 am by jafo2010 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Next thing we are going to do is prove there  is no difference between night and day,or summer and winter.

I wonder if the current gooberment will pass a law making parka wear mandatory in July,and shorts with sleeveless t-shirts mandatory wear in Jan and Feb?

As that famous philosopher once noted "Whutz spossedta be up iz doawn,and whutz spossdta be doawn uz up!"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

7 Radical Demands in the Equality Act
Breitbart, Feb 25, 2021

If enacted, however, the Equality Act would have a major impact on children and their parents, potentially upending the culture as American families now know it. Lawsuits filed against Americans who adhere to the science of biological sex and the First Amendment rights of citizens would now have a federal law backing them up that states gender identity supersedes biological sex.

Below are seven radical demands in the Equality Act:

1.The bill would end the federal legal recognition of complementary male and female sex in favor of gender identity. [...]

2,The bill would eliminate the traditional right to privacy of women and girls in public facilities, in favor, instead, of gender identity. [...]

3.The Equality Act would eviscerate women’s and girls’ sports. [...]

4.The Equality Act would be used to mandate school curricula that affirm and promote sexual orientation and gender identity views.  [...]

5.The Equality Act would be used to remove custody rights from parents who refuse to have their minor children undergo transgender medical interventions and procedures. [...]

6.Since the Equality Act exempts itself from the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, religious schools, hospitals, and adoption agencies could face federal sanctions for upholding their teachings with regard to life, sexuality, and marriage under the legislation. [...]

7.The Equality Act’s text that names a form of “discrimination on the basis of pregnancy” would be used to punish healthcare providers who refuse to perform an abortion or to outlaw policies that ban funding for the procedure. [...]

More: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/02/25/7-radical-demands-in-the-equality-act/

Offline GrouchoTex

Yet no stimulus package......

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@GrouchoTex

They are going to have to hire so many new "PC Police" to handle the results of their new pro-homo laws they can't afford a stimulus package other than the new "Gift to Lawyers Gender Law."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

There seems to be a trend running now. 

SCOTUS will decide whether or not it's ok for the popo to follow you into your house if they were pursuing you outside but cannot be bothered to tell states that they must abide by the United States Constitution WRT their election laws!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Reason10

I don't care what they pass, I will not recognize the lack of biological sex.

Same here.
Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.

Ayn Rand

Offline Reason10

I'm actually glad my dad didn't live to see this.

Hell, I'm glad my Dad didn't live to see eight years of Obama.
Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.

Ayn Rand

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
There is nothing but good news with this one!

Think about it.  The Dems made as one of their first priorities to pass legislation that puts men in women's locker rooms, to shower with them, to rape and murder them.  30% of Dems will think these fools are crazier than a mental ward.  Come election time, no sane person will vote for these scum.  This is Biden's hallmark piece of legislation.  After the nation stops laughing about the idiocy of this, I would not want to be a Dem up for re-election.  Fixed machines or no, who will vote for these maggots in 2022?  I love it!

And the other good note is that no way will the senate be dumb enough to vote for this POS piece of legislation.  No way Manchin and Sinena will vote for this crap.  Although, who knows, there might be support on the Republican side to push this through. 

First we murder our most vulnerable, our unborn.  Now we are going to destroy any advance for girls/women in sports, and even insult them by subjecting them to men in the locker room.  You just can't make this sh*t up!!  Imagine what FDR or JFK would say about these maggots?  Uggh.  The degeneracy of it all.

If God at one time favored this nation and its people, what is his mindset now?  Complete destruction would be my guess.  Armageddon may well be right around the corner.
 22222frying pan

No sane person voted for that trash in 2020, either.

They still managed to steal the election.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

Hell, I'm glad my Dad didn't live to see eight years of Obama.

That's what my sister, my brother and I all said when my father died the week before the Illegal Alien Marxist from Kenya was first sworn in...fittingly, his funeral was held the day America was turned into a gulag for the insane.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
All that matters is that Trump was defeated last election, what democrats do doesn't matter at all. REMEMBER?  sO MUCH ANARCHY WHEN A FOOL GETS ITS WAY, AND IS DUPED BY THE WICKED.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline mountaineer

Patently unconstitutional, at least where it controls what churches may do (e.g., forcing them to hire homosexuals), but we can't trust the courts to rule correctly if it were to be challenged.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

How The So-Called Equality Act Threatens Speech, Religion, And Women’s Rights
Despite the universal appeal of the name and its noble promises, the act poses a major risk to those who value religious freedom, state independence, and women’s rights.
By Chad Felix Greene
April 1, 2019

With renewed passion and a sense of progress in the endless political battle for power, Democrats have once again introduced a bill they believe they may finally have the ability to pass. The Equality Act has been a constant feature in the debate over LGBT law in the United States for some time. The act has become a symbol of LGBT achievement, recognition, and validation, replacing same-sex marriage as a rallying cry for justice and progress.

The bill would amend The Civil Rights Act of 1964 to include sexual orientation and gender identity as federally protected classes. The Human Rights Campaign activist organization states, “The patchwork nature of current laws leaves millions of people subject to uncertainty and potential discrimination that impacts their safety, their families, and their day-to-day lives.” ... The Federalist

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
This act if passed will begin the reinstitution of the USSR, only in the USSA.  If the Senate votes for this piece of crap, then the women of America should rise up and send those that voted this crap to hell.

Offline mountaineer

Ex-Trump administration official Richard Grenell slams Equality Act
by Kerry Picket, Senior Campaign Reporter
 | February 26, 2021 04:23 PM
ORLANDO, Florida — Richard Grenell, ambassador to Germany and acting director of national intelligence in the Trump administration, isn't a fan of a bill passed by the House that would prohibit discrimination against people based on sexual orientation and gender identity.

Grenell was the first openly gay person to serve at a Cabinet-level, though he was in an acting capacity. The problem with the Equality Act, passed by the House Thursday, is that it would confer "special rights" on individual groups, Grenell said.

"We just want to be treated equally. And over the years, we've migrated into a group of angry leadership in Washington, demanding special rights. And the attack on the religious community is unacceptable,” Grenell told the Washington Examiner Friday at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Orlando, Florida.  ...
Washington Examiner

Offline Sled Dog

The attacks on the "religious communities" have been relentless and ongoing for the last 50 years.

The majority of church leaders in the US are Rodents.

The Catholics won't upset the farce that allows them to hide child molesters in their game of Three Card Parishes.   Nor will they condone efforts by the Americans to restrict and repel the invasion from South America.   As Americans left the Catholic pews, the Church found Catholic Invaders to fill up the seats.

My boss back in 1991, before the Gulf War became active, came home from church with fliers saying "no blood for oil".

And what it is, the Methodists who ordain homosexual priests?   

Oh, no, don't count on the nation's religious community to rise up in protest over this blatantly discriminatory bill.  The majority of so-called Christians gave up on the God of the Bible and worship the Demon Marx, even if they're too stupid to know it.

The Jews still vote and contribute overwhelmingly to the Party of Anti-Semitism in the US.   When the Round Ups come again, they deserve to go.

And the muslims?  They're in favor of anything and everything that tears down the US.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 05:49:42 pm by Sled Dog »