Author Topic: USA Today: ‘Activism from Black Athletes Is Only Beginning’  (Read 608 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
USA Today: ‘Activism from Black Athletes Is Only Beginning’

Warner Todd Huston 25 Feb 2021

A USA Today article claims that activist athletes – particularly black activist athletes – are nowhere near ramping down their political activism. In fact, the article claims that activism “is just in its beginning stages.”

USA Today’s Chris Bumbaca penned a Feb. 24 piece entitled, ‘There’s a lot more to come:’ After Record Turnout in 2020 Elections, Activism from Black Athletes is Only Beginning. In it, Bumbaca claimed that black activism is only going to increase in the coming years.

Bumbaca began his article by noting that LeBron James inserted himself into the Georgia runoff elections in January and afterward posted a tweet claiming that “Black voter suppression” was a feature of the elections.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2021/02/25/usa-today-activism-from-black-athletes-only-beginning/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: USA Today: ‘Activism from Black Athletes Is Only Beginning’
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 04:20:32 pm »
"They know what we did?"

Lebron's got knowledge of The Steal?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 04:46:39 pm »
The beginning of the death of pro sports. I’ll buy that.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 04:52:37 pm »

I used to tremedously enjoy MLB and NFL, and my calendar April though Janaury reflected that.

All professional sports are dead in my eyes now.  And I know I am not alone. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 05:25:21 pm »
Absolutely.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 05:53:57 pm »
I am a certified basketball nut. I not only have subscribed to NBA's League Pass for the past ten years, I watch tons of old videos on YT going back to George Mikan. I would guess the combined total of hours I've watched pro and college basketball on tv in the last ten years totals in the thousands of hours.
This year I ended my subscriptions to ESPN and League Pass.  I have not watched one minute of any NBA games and only a few college games. The only games I'll watch are the old ones on YT before the league became "woke."
This latest venture into the world of the insane by James and other nuts intent on destroying the sport is just further proof that pro sports should die.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 06:03:12 pm »

"They know what we did?"

Lebron's got knowledge of The Steal?
He is clearly saying that he expects Republicans to tighten up on Voter ID, dead people, illegals, and duplicate voting, due to the massive fraud in the last election. "They know what we did.", is an admission of guilt.

As far as 'Black Activism' ... don't care.
Like when the homosexuals were shoving their 'gayness' down everyone's throat, ... and nobody cared about them anyway.
"We're Here! We're Queer! Get used to it!" little note to you powderpuff, Nobody cares!

If Sports management has decided to flood sporting events with with Black Supremacy Activism, it's fine with me.
The only thing they will 'change' with this, is the destruction of their own industry.
Just like any corporate environment, No Religion, No Politics, and No Activism.
At least that is how it used to be...and for good reason.
Only a fool would piss off over half his customers.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 06:07:21 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 06:30:10 pm »
I hope they have a marketable skill to undertake.   Not much demand for an Ex Pro SJW.  Come to think about it, an ex Pro and an out of work bum look a lot alike.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2021, 06:51:23 pm »
I hope they have a marketable skill to undertake.   Not much demand for an Ex Pro SJW.  Come to think about it, an ex Pro and an out of work bum look a lot alike.
James is worth half a billion and on course to be a billionaire. I doubt he gives a thought to the future careers of the black athletes he's sabotaging. I think these fools really believe money/wealth simply exists without a superstructure to make it all possible.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2021, 11:03:53 pm »
I've never had any interest in pro sports.
Particularly as those sports became "blacker".

Nothing will change that.
I won't be watching.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2021, 01:43:08 am »
I've never had any interest in pro sports.
Particularly as those sports became "blacker".

Nothing will change that.
I won't be watching.
Black isn't the problem. The only pro athlete I ever idolized was Hank Aaron whose stats I used to keep. But wokeness kills everything.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2021, 02:38:05 am »
Black isn't the problem. The only pro athlete I ever idolized was Hank Aaron whose stats I used to keep. But wokeness kills everything.
Yeah. My childhood hero was Roberto Clemente, who actually experienced bigotry and prejudice that loudmouth whiners like James couldn't even imagine.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org