Author Topic: GLASSES-WEARERS UP TO THREE TIMES LESS LIKELY TO CATCH CORONAVIRUS, STUDY SUGGESTS  (Read 528 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/glasses-coronavirus-covid-contacts-study-b1805314.html

By Samuel Osborne
February 22, 2021

People who wear glasses could be up to three times less likely to be infected by coronavirus, a study from India has suggested.

In a non-peer reviewed study published on the website medRxiv, the researchers studied 304 people (223 male and 81 female) at a hospital in northern India over two weeks last summer. The patients were aged between 10 and 80 and had all reported Covid symptoms.

The researchers found (…) the risk of contracting Covid-19 was two to three times lower among those who wear glasses.

(Excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
This study, based in India, concurns with a JAMA study published back in September.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

Just think, if you wear glasses and you have type O blood, you could be even less likely to catch the 'rona!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

A or the probable reason is that glasses wearers are less likely to touch their eyes. The same would be true for someone wearing a mask for long time periods and touching their mouths and noses.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I wore glasses from age 3 on until I was about 40, and no longer needed them.  I would say that wearing glasses does not reduce the frequency one touches the eye or the corner of the eye.  Glass wearers still reach up and rub the eye if it itches, or one has glop in the corner of the eye near the tear duct.

I do believe taking a quality vitamin/mineral supplement will help reduce the threat of being infected with COVID.  Americans are suffering from deficiencies in many different nutrients.  Our food has become crap over time with little to no nutritional value.  You must take vitamin and mineral supplements to remain healthy and prolong your life.