Author Topic: WaPo Takes Shot at Elon Musk, Musk Promptly Scorches WaPo AND Jeff Bezos in Blistering 7-Word Respon  (Read 283 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
RedState by Mike Miller | Feb 23, 2021

WaPo Takes Shot at Elon Musk, Musk Promptly Scorches WaPo AND Jeff Bezos in Blistering 7-Word Response

To borrow from an old Jim Croce song, you don’t tug on Superman’s cape, you don’t spit into the wind, and you don’t mess around with Elon Musk. Particularly if you’re the Washington Post and you’re owned by Jeff Bezos, the erstwhile richest guy on the planet.

Did I mention the top spot currently belongs to the aforementioned Mr. Musk?

As our friends over at Twitchy noted, you’d think by now WaPo would know better than to purposely tangle with Musk. The two richest people on the planet — Musk currently sits on top with an estimated net worth of $197 billion, with Bezos in the two-spot at $182 billion, as updated by Investopedia on January 19 — have been at one another for years.

Our story begins with WaPo on Tuesday publishing a less-than-flattering piece about Musk, as it relates to Tesla, titled “Elon Musk moved to Texas and embraced celebrity. Can Tesla run on Autopilot?” with the subhead: Investors fear a world where Musk no longer leads the company. But his attention is already going elsewhere.”

Game on.

Here are a few excerpts — for “color,” as they say.

Elon Musk says he is stretched too thin.

Twice in a matter of days recently, the 49-year old complained of what he called an “insane” work schedule, juggling responsibilities with his car company and aerospace firm and taking in “torrents of information” in wall-to-wall meetings.

But critics say the rigors of Musk’s personal schedule, and the seeming cult of personality that has developed around him, are beginning to show in the car company he runs — the one that he took from an upstart pioneer in electric vehicles to the world’s most valuable automaker.

Musk, they say, is drowning in outside commitments like his aerospace company and other endeavors while letting quality — and strategy — at Tesla fall victim. And there are familiar concerns.
----

How would you react? Here’s how Musk reacted, via WaPo.

Disclose.tv
@disclosetv

Quote of the day: "Give my regards to your puppet master [Jeff Bezos]," Elon Musk said in response to the Washington Post's request for comment on an article published by the newspaper today.

More: https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2021/02/23/wapo-takes-shot-at-elon-musk-musk-promptly-scorches-wapo-and-jeff-besos-in-blistering-7-word-response-n331692

Offline Idiot

RedState by Mike Miller | Feb 23, 2021

WaPo Takes Shot at Elon Musk, Musk Promptly Scorches WaPo AND Jeff Bezos in Blistering 7-Word Response

To borrow from an old Jim Croce song, you don’t tug on Superman’s cape, you don’t spit into the wind, and you don’t mess around with Elon Musk. Particularly if you’re the Washington Post and you’re owned by Jeff Bezos, the erstwhile richest guy on the planet.

Did I mention the top spot currently belongs to the aforementioned Mr. Musk?

As our friends over at Twitchy noted, you’d think by now WaPo would know better than to purposely tangle with Musk. The two richest people on the planet — Musk currently sits on top with an estimated net worth of $197 billion, with Bezos in the two-spot at $182 billion, as updated by Investopedia on January 19 — have been at one another for years.

Our story begins with WaPo on Tuesday publishing a less-than-flattering piece about Musk, as it relates to Tesla, titled “Elon Musk moved to Texas and embraced celebrity. Can Tesla run on Autopilot?” with the subhead: Investors fear a world where Musk no longer leads the company. But his attention is already going elsewhere.”

Game on.

Here are a few excerpts — for “color,” as they say.

Elon Musk says he is stretched too thin.

Twice in a matter of days recently, the 49-year old complained of what he called an “insane” work schedule, juggling responsibilities with his car company and aerospace firm and taking in “torrents of information” in wall-to-wall meetings.

But critics say the rigors of Musk’s personal schedule, and the seeming cult of personality that has developed around him, are beginning to show in the car company he runs — the one that he took from an upstart pioneer in electric vehicles to the world’s most valuable automaker.

Musk, they say, is drowning in outside commitments like his aerospace company and other endeavors while letting quality — and strategy — at Tesla fall victim. And there are familiar concerns.
----

How would you react? Here’s how Musk reacted, via WaPo.

Disclose.tv
@disclosetv

Quote of the day: "Give my regards to your puppet master [Jeff Bezos]," Elon Musk said in response to the Washington Post's request for comment on an article published by the newspaper today.

More: https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2021/02/23/wapo-takes-shot-at-elon-musk-musk-promptly-scorches-wapo-and-jeff-besos-in-blistering-7-word-response-n331692
At first glance I didn't really care for Elon Musk.  Reading about his "unique" girlfriend etc.  But the more I read about him, he's starting to grow on me.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Well, you know what they say about the enemy of my enemy… it applies here. I have my issues with Musk but he is nowhere near the pure, manipulative evil who is Jeff Bezos.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024