Author Topic: Debbie Wasserman Schultz Demands Florida Mayors Not Lower Flags in Honor of Rush Limbaugh  (Read 988 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Debbie Wasserman Schultz Demands Florida Mayors Not Lower Flags in Honor of Rush Limbaugh

Joshua Caplan 23 Feb 2021

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) is calling on Florida mayors not to lower their flags in honor of the late talk radio pioneer Rush Limbaugh, a move which would be in defiance of an order by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R).

“Rush Limbaugh spent his career normalizing and popularizing hatred and bigotry against people of color, immigrants, women, and the LGBTQ+ community. He built a brand around disgusting insults, bolstering rape culture, spewing lies about the AIDS crisis, and nonstop bullying,” Wasserman Schultz wrote in a letter to local mayors.

The Florida Democrat congresswoman added:

The targets of his attacks often received death threats from his sycophantic fan base. To the end, he stoked the environment that led to an insurrectionist attack on our Capitol, and dismissed calls to end such violence. American political discourse is in a dangerous state. Our country is the most divided it has been since the Civil War. As we work to heal the nation, we cannot elevate a person credited for fostering our divisions and emboldening the worst tendencies of human nature.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/02/23/debbie-wasserman-schultz-demands-florida-mayors-not-lower-flags-in-honor-of-rush-limbaugh/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Leftist control freaks like Wasserman-Schmutz need to go p*ss up a rope.

Offline PeteS in CA

Little Debbie makes boxes of rocks look smart.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Leftist control freaks like Wasserman-Schmutz need to go p*ss up a rope.

Leftist control freaks like Wasserman-Schmutz need to hang from a rope.

Fixed it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Democrats have been politicizing the dead for decades now, apparently there are enough stupid people that buy it, so why quit?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
As painful as it is to agree with a feceshead like her,I agree.

Rush wasn't a government official,and had never been elected to anything in his life

If we do this for Rush,who next,Al Sharpton? BaBa WaWa?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

Well, flags in my town in FL are already flying flags at half mast.  The governor ordered it period.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well, flags in my town in FL are already flying flags at half mast.  The governor ordered it period.

@libertybele

Just because it has already been done by some loon politician looking for glory doesn't mean it SHOULD have been done.

This helps establish a precedent of honoring celebrities like national heroes. I don't like it.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Debbie can stamp her feet all she wants, that doesn't mean we have to obey.

Besides, didn't Biden also order flags at half staff for their utter failure of flattening the curve?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Rush wasn't a government official,and had never been elected to anything in his life

It is a State thing.  Lighten up Francis. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

@libertybele

Just because it has already been done by some loon politician looking for glory doesn't mean it SHOULD have been done.

This helps establish a precedent of honoring celebrities like national heroes. I don't like it.

Limbaugh was awarded the Medal of Freedom, had 15M loyal listeners, and had more impact than anyone else on conservative politics in the past 30 years.  There would not have been a POTUS Trump without Rush's stamp of legitimancy late in 2015.  I agree that we don't need to lower flags for random  celibrities.  But Rush was just as important and revered by us conservatives as John Lewis was for Black America. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It is a State thing.  Lighten up Francis.

@Wingnut

Good to know you are in favor of states doing this. Are you going to be happy about states celebrating Al Sharpton's birthday, by declaring it a holiday?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Limbaugh was awarded the Medal of Freedom, had 15M loyal listeners, and had more impact than anyone else on conservative politics in the past 30 years.  There would not have been a POTUS Trump without Rush's stamp of legitimancy late in 2015.  I agree that we don't need to lower flags for random  celibrities.  But Rush was just as important and revered by us conservatives as John Lewis was for Black America.

@catfish1957

Remind me again. I have forgotten. When was Rush elected to anything? He was a CELEBRITY.

There is nothing keeping you or any of his other fans for taking off for work by calling in sick for his birthday if you want,but the way this crap is going,it won't be long before there will be paid holidays for celebs like him.

Next thing you know,the left will be wanting Jane Fonda's birthday to be celebrated. You ok with that,too?

Offline LMAO

@catfish1957

Remind me again. I have forgotten. When was Rush elected to anything? He was a CELEBRITY.

There is nothing keeping you or any of his other fans for taking off for work by calling in sick for his birthday if you want,but the way this crap is going,it won't be long before there will be paid holidays for celebs like him.

Next thing you know,the left will be wanting Jane Fonda's birthday to be celebrated. You ok with that,too?

@sneakypete

I caught Limbaugh’s show whenever I could and enjoyed it. But I agree with you
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

I caught Limbaugh’s show whenever I could and enjoyed it. But I agree with you

@LMAO

Thanks! I am worried about starting a precedent.

Offline PeteS in CA

@catfish1957

Were the debate over whether it was an appropriate gesture for a pioneering national talkshow host - regardless of politics - I'd question it, too. But Little Debbie's tantrum is pure politics.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@catfish1957

Fonda?

You've gone off the rails.  And where in my statement did I even remotely infer making it a holiday.  My point is that the man was a more than a celebrity when it came to conservative politics, and advocating conservative values. What harm does it, letting his home state provide some one time honor for his life.

And again, all the admiration you have given to POTUS Trump would have never happened without Limbaugh.  So much for just being a celebrity.  Sheesh.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

Were the debate over whether it was an appropriate gesture for a pioneering national talkshow host - regardless of politics - I'd question it, too. But Little Debbie's tantrum is pure politics.

I too have an issue with the state honoring a private citizen as they will invariably politicize the event. But the horse has left the barn there - the left does it all of the time, most recently with Officer Sicknick. Here we have a leftist complaining because she doesn't approve of the political message honoring the deceased sends. I'd tell her hard cheese, it cuts both ways.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Gave and raised $100M's of charity.  Medal of Freedom.   Most influential conservative in last 30 years.  And without Limbaugh, there would not have been any POTUS Trump.  And through all this...  we have Briefers who take exception with his home state simply taking the flag down to half mast for a few days. What harm has that unleashed on the world?    Disappointed to say the least.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Palm Beach County refuses to lower flags for Rush Limbaugh
https://www.breitbart.com/news/palm-beach-county-refuses-to-lower-flags-for-rush-limbaugh/

And that's okay too. The 40-45% constituents who consitently vote GOP might take exception though.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

@sneakypete
Maybe you haven't noticed that for a lot of years now the American Flag has been ordered to half staff inappropriately by Presidents and Governors, considering some of the people and reasons in the past I would say that Rush is more deserving than most and Wasserman can go...............oh wait she probably does.

"The president may order the flag to be flown at half-staff to mark the death of other officials, former officials, or foreign dignitaries. In addition to these occasions, the president may order half-staff display of the flag after other tragic events."

Offline conservativevoter

What gives 'Schultzie' the right to determine anything other than what toilet paper to buy?  :cool:

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
The precedent was set long ago, MLK HOLIDAY, and many other concessions to Him.  The barn door was left open long ago.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The precedent was set long ago, MLK HOLIDAY, and many other concessions to Him.  The barn door was left open long ago.

@christian

That's an excuse to make it worse by doing more of it?