Author Topic: The Myth And Phony Math of ‘Green’ Jobs  (Read 209 times)

rangerrebew

The Myth And Phony Math of ‘Green’ Jobs
« on: February 23, 2021, 07:45:07 pm »

The Myth And Phony Math of ‘Green’ Jobs
February 22, 2021
By Duggan Flanakin

Governments are killing real jobs and conning us about ‘millions of good green jobs’

“Fool me once,” Stephen King wrote, “shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, shame on both of us.” His adage certainly applies to the myth (and fake math) of green jobs.

During the 2020 election campaign, Joe Biden asserted that more than 3 million Americans are already “employed in the clean energy economy.” He then boasted that, “if executed strategically, our response to climate change can create more than 10 million well-paying jobs in the United States that will grow a stronger, more inclusive middle class … and not just in cities along the coasts.”

That would make Joe twice as boastful as his former boss, who promised the 2009 $787 billion stimulus package would create “over five million” green jobs. Four years later, the Brookings Institution reported that, “of the nearly 2.7 million ‘green jobs’ [the Obama-Biden Administration] identifies, most were bus drivers, sewage workers and other types of work that don’t fit the ‘green jobs of the future’” description.

https://www.heartland.org/news-opinion/news/the-myth-and-phony-math-of-green-jobs

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The Myth And Phony Math of ‘Green’ Jobs
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 11:40:48 pm »
"Green jobs":
Jobs that don't pay a lot of "green" ...