Author Topic: Perdue rules out 2022 Senate bid against Warnock  (Read 280 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Perdue rules out 2022 Senate bid against Warnock
« on: February 23, 2021, 04:04:42 pm »
Perdue rules out 2022 Senate bid against Warnock
By Max Greenwood - 02/23/21 10:25 AM EST

Former Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga.) on Tuesday ruled out a Senate bid in next year’s midterm elections, somewhat soothing concerns of a potentially contentious Republican primary in 2022.

In an email to supporters, Perdue said that his decision to forego another Senate campaign was “personal” rather than political. But the announcement came a day after former Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R-Ga.) opened the door to a rematch against Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-Ga.) in 2022.

“After much prayer and reflection, Bonnie and I have decided that we will not enter the race for the United States Senate in Georgia in 2022,” Perdue said. “This is a personal decision, not a political one. I am confident that whoever wins the Republican Primary next year will defeat the Democrat candidate in the General election for this seat, and I will do everything I can to make that happen.”

“As we saw in my race in November, Georgia is not a blue state. The more Georgians that vote, the better Republicans do. These two current liberal US Senators do not represent the values of a majority of Georgians.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/540039-perdue-rules-out-2022-senate-bid-against-warnock
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Re: Perdue rules out 2022 Senate bid against Warnock
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 07:05:11 pm »
Good!

Maybe we get a MAGA Pub.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 07:12:01 pm »
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 12:02:30 am »
Considering that he wasn't willing to run against Ossoff either, this is good news.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 01:38:38 am »
I heard that Mr. Perdue made his "decision" after a conversation with Mr. Trump.
Would like to have been the fly on the wall for that one...!