Author Topic: Perdue rules out 2022 Senate bid against Warnock  (Read 125 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Lunch bucket Joe says "C'mon, man!"
Perdue rules out 2022 Senate bid against Warnock
« on: February 23, 2021, 11:04:42 AM »
Perdue rules out 2022 Senate bid against Warnock
By Max Greenwood - 02/23/21 10:25 AM EST

Former Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga.) on Tuesday ruled out a Senate bid in next year’s midterm elections, somewhat soothing concerns of a potentially contentious Republican primary in 2022.

In an email to supporters, Perdue said that his decision to forego another Senate campaign was “personal” rather than political. But the announcement came a day after former Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R-Ga.) opened the door to a rematch against Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-Ga.) in 2022.

“After much prayer and reflection, Bonnie and I have decided that we will not enter the race for the United States Senate in Georgia in 2022,” Perdue said. “This is a personal decision, not a political one. I am confident that whoever wins the Republican Primary next year will defeat the Democrat candidate in the General election for this seat, and I will do everything I can to make that happen.”

“As we saw in my race in November, Georgia is not a blue state. The more Georgians that vote, the better Republicans do. These two current liberal US Senators do not represent the values of a majority of Georgians.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/540039-perdue-rules-out-2022-senate-bid-against-warnock
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is a disgrace, that two become a lawfirm & that three or more become a congress." -John Adams

Offline bilo

Re: Perdue rules out 2022 Senate bid against Warnock
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 02:05:11 PM »
Good!

Maybe we get a MAGA Pub.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 02:12:01 PM »
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 07:02:30 PM »
Considering that he wasn't willing to run against Ossoff either, this is good news.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 08:38:38 PM »
I heard that Mr. Perdue made his "decision" after a conversation with Mr. Trump.
Would like to have been the fly on the wall for that one...!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf